Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by mrramsey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Ok everyday I am learning a bit more about this machine. As I was planning out my list of replacement bulbs I found a few electrical issues.

When I ran the lamp tests I noticed several of the larger 906 bulbs that were not firing so I broke out the multimeter and tested the bulbs and all were good except one. I replaced the bad one with a good one. My next step was to check the fuses. There were two that I could see on the bottom of the play field and both tested good. I found one more that was in an inline fuse holder that to me looked like it was added later as some sort of repair? That had a blown fuse so I replace it. That seemed to fix a couple more of the bulbs that were in question but not all.

It also created a new mystery... One of the flashers in the back box (there are only 3 and one standard light bulb) stays lit continuously) and one on the atom smasher now stays on continuously as well.

There are still at least 3 flashers for 25k, 50k, and 75k spark bonus that do not light at all when testing or during play.

One last issue I discovered was that there is a 110v flasher relay board that controls the neon topper but as I discovered is also supposed to control the standard light bulb in the back box. Someone had disconnected the connectors and plugged the light directly into the power supply. As I watched a video on youtube (

#t=94 ) I noticed the main light on the back box had a slow flash to it. There is also fast sequence to it as well. The faster sequence seems to work fine but the slow sequence is nonexistent.

Any direction you guys could give would be great. I can add some pics if it will be helpful.

#2 10 years ago

Update on the Relay circuit in the back box.

I watched the video on youtube again and paused it when the translite was removed. I noticed that the connection of the main light and the neon topper on the circuit board were different than mine. I switched the connection at the board and wallah! the sequence is now correct.

Now on to debugging the bulbs that are stuck on and the bulbs that are not lighting.

#3 10 years ago

Update #2

Well we fixed the stuck lighting. It was a simple diode on one socket. but in the process one of the other sockets broke . There are still a couple of lights that are not working... bulbs are good, diodes are good, Changed out one of the SCR's that could have been the issue but that did not fix it either. The Pinball Shoppe (where I purchased from) is coming to pick the machine up and fix at the shop. no pinball this weekend...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ss-lighting-problems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.