Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by GreyScale
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pw_aug_12_2.jpg
    pw_aug_12_1.jpg
    spiderman_(4).JPG
    spiderman_(3).JPG
    spiderman_(2).JPG
    spiderman_(1).JPG
    #1 11 years ago

TSPP was taken out and Spider-man was placed at Pizza West this afternoon. Also, there will be a Kansas City Area Pinball Association tournament at Pizza West this coming Saturday the 18th at 5:00. No registration is necessary, just show up. The group gets a 15% discount on food.

The current lineup at Pizza West is Iron Man, Jurassic Park, Spider-man, Star Wars Episode I, Tri-Zone, and Whirlwind.

Pizza West is at 5436 Roberts St in Shawnee KS, 66226.

Some pics of Spidey:

spiderman_(1).JPGspiderman_(1).JPG spiderman_(2).JPGspiderman_(2).JPG spiderman_(3).JPGspiderman_(3).JPG spiderman_(4).JPGspiderman_(4).JPG

#2 11 years ago

Hey Stang, see if you can track down that TSPP? I want one.

#3 11 years ago

It is in my garage right now! (All the pins at PW are mine.) I'm afraid it isn't for sale, it is going back in my basement. Sorry!

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

I'm afraid it isn't for sale, it is going back in my basement

Well, fine then.

#5 11 years ago

Hello Spidey, goodbye TSPP I was just starting to groove on it. Doh! I thought Spidey might be taking IM's place but its all good.

#6 11 years ago

Nice detective work on that TSPP, Stangbat.

#7 11 years ago

Rather than haul it in the basement, why don't you store it in the garage for a month then bring it to Des Moines for the pinside pin/golf get together????

#8 11 years ago

Nice. Never really played this one all that much, now will be able to!

#9 11 years ago

I read earlier in another Thread about SM being Shop'd and White rubbers added ,, I Prefer White over Black rubber's in All of my Pin's , but SM is Fast , Think I'll stick w/ black .. That SM lOOk's Clean stangbat ,, Hope you do well in the Tourney man.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I Prefer White over Black rubber's in All of my Pin's , but SM is Fast , Think I'll stick w/ black

After having games on location with black rubber, I'm done with it. I have black on TSPP, IM, and SWE1 and they get noticeably dirtier than the other games that have white. That's why SM got white. IM makes me question putting white on it because it is so fast. But next time I shop it out I'm going to try white and see what I think.

#11 11 years ago

I love Spiderman! Bummer I don't think I can make the tournament! But at least it will be there to play on another day

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

After having games on location with black rubber, I'm done with it. I have black on TSPP, IM, and SWE1 and they get noticeably dirtier than the other games that have white. That's why SM got white. IM makes me question putting white on it because it is so fast. But next time I shop it out I'm going to try white and see what I think.

You might be rite ,,, What do you think lOOks Best , White or Black ?

White will Speed SM up as if it needs it !!

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

You missed taking off the black flipper rubber. Don't you want some crazy bouncy blue flipper rubber? I put purple on my Shadow tonight.

#14 11 years ago

Didn't Clay have a recent post about modern black and white rubber being about the same in bounciness?

#15 11 years ago

Yea , Clay called AC/DC a Terd too ,, ( That's the word that I desiferd from his Video of the Pin.. )

A Disclaimer ....

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

Didn't Clay have a recent post about modern black and white rubber being about the same in bounciness?

I believe he did. I don't think that applies to the flipper rubber though, some colors are way bouncier than others, there's definitely a difference.

#17 11 years ago

True, and some seem grippier than others.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

You missed taking off the black flipper rubber.

Believe me, I debated going with red flipper rubber. In the end I decided that the game was fast enough that black flipper rubber was the best choice. So I guess I made an exception to my rule.

I put purple on my Shadow tonight.

I think I told you this, but a friend had purple on his Shadow and you couldn't even trap a ball it was so bouncy. That was my introduction to how different flipper rubber colors can make a big difference in how a game plays. After that I decided it was red or black for me, nothing else.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

Believe me, I debated going with red flipper rubber. In the end I decided that the game was fast enough that black flipper rubber was the best choice. So I guess I made an exception to my rule.

I think I told you this, but a friend had purple on his Shadow and you couldn't even trap a ball it was so bouncy. That was my introduction to how different flipper rubber colors can make a big difference in how a game plays. After that I decided it was red or black for me, nothing else.

Yeah purple and orange are the bomb. It's kind of a give and take though on it. With the bouncier stuff it's much harder to cradle the ball. However, it's also a lot easier to make steeper shots with them, and the game plays faster with them. All about preferences, I don't cradle much so I go colorful.

#20 11 years ago

Shaker motor was installed in Spider-man this afternoon. Thanks to JJ at Game Exchange for helping to make it happen!

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I Prefer White over Black rubber's in All of my Pin's , but SM is Fast , Think I'll stick w/ black

Oh B_R you can't handle the white.

#22 11 years ago

We had a great turn out with 31 players. Mike O. took first and Jay D. was second. They had a couple of great matches on Spider-man in the semi-finals.

Results are available here:
    http://challonge.com/pizza_west

Many thanks to everyone for coming out and participating. I had a great time.

A couple of pics.

pw_aug_12_1.jpgpw_aug_12_1.jpg pw_aug_12_2.jpgpw_aug_12_2.jpg

#23 11 years ago

Had a great time there! It was a fantastic first pinball tournament for me, looking forward to many more of them.

I certainly need to play more of the Spiderman machine, and finally starting to get the hang of IM. The more I play it, the more I like it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spider-man-at-pizza-west-kcapa-tourney-on-saturday and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.