Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by danczaz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9DC7A2BF-48DC-41F2-A0FE-87E6671C0F11 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    40A1BE1E-7C3C-402B-8E45-E62F696E2FF5 (resized).jpeg
    F566FBF3-8867-4DCD-AED8-CBEAF1EA3B1E (resized).jpeg
    0445699B-8A77-4AC0-8921-9532B955C40C (resized).jpeg
    18128A3A-CED9-410E-84DE-DA7DFB23CF08 (resized).jpeg
    54214322-3E2B-4278-A4DA-9A84B1FEE7C4 (resized).jpeg
    E2AC1774-2006-49F6-8D99-FF6D8BE5468A (resized).jpeg
    31E14AE4-E7B9-471F-A904-6CCF95D24B07 (resized).jpeg
    BF5B0289-8591-46CD-912B-2834D771F0DF (resized).jpeg
    13DCE1DD-CAD7-426E-B2D1-B044D6D30A15 (resized).jpeg
    There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

I only need one Bally head... All parts machines... So 25 heads... assume no back glasses are good but insides are ok....

Thinking about selling the lot of 25. I had to take these as part of a bigger deal.

What should I list all 25 heads for????

Note: want to sell as a lot.

Dan
    13DCE1DD-CAD7-426E-B2D1-B044D6D30A15 (resized).jpeg13DCE1DD-CAD7-426E-B2D1-B044D6D30A15 (resized).jpeg31E14AE4-E7B9-471F-A904-6CCF95D24B07 (resized).jpeg31E14AE4-E7B9-471F-A904-6CCF95D24B07 (resized).jpegBF5B0289-8591-46CD-912B-2834D771F0DF (resized).jpegBF5B0289-8591-46CD-912B-2834D771F0DF (resized).jpegE2AC1774-2006-49F6-8D99-FF6D8BE5468A (resized).jpegE2AC1774-2006-49F6-8D99-FF6D8BE5468A (resized).jpeg

#2 4 years ago

Wow! Quite a haul. Not sure what to ask for the lot. I’ll take the Aztec back glass! Any Space Mission, Space Odyssey or Grand Prix back glasses in there?

#3 4 years ago

Question of the year coming up.....where the heck did the bodies disappear to?

#4 4 years ago

It's gonna be tough as a lot - you will need to find someone with a shitload of space, and someone who needs 25 heads parts machines. For the most part, you only need one parts head from each manufacturer. I've have a parts head for each of the big three and they've lasted me 10 years with another 10 to go easy, and I'm fixing up a couple EMs from each company a year.

I'd suggest $50 a head (and taking offers) and sell backglasses and back doors (if any) separately.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from cliff_clavin:

Question of the year coming up.....where the heck did the bodies disappear to?

Probably the trash they took up too much space

#6 4 years ago

If any one is interested in the 25 heads I’d take $750.... I think that leaves someone plenty of room to keep what they need and part out some and still come out ahead.

Dan

#7 4 years ago

Note if I sell these I’ll make a donation to pinside...

#8 4 years ago

PM Sent.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from danczaz:

Probably the trash they took up too much space

Probably shouldn't have had so many in the first place. Happens easily I guess. Few less in the world now. Made a ton of most of these so no big loss, perhaps. I'de have to think real hard what some in the back are. Mostly if not all 70s games.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Probably shouldn't have had so many in the first place. Happens easily I guess. Few less in the world now. Made a ton of most of these so no big loss, perhaps. I'de have to think real hard what some in the back are. Mostly if not all 70s games.

I’ll see if I can figure some out and let people know...

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from danczaz:

I’ll see if I can figure some out and let people know...

Post pictures of the sides of those without glasses. We’ll do the rest.

#12 4 years ago

Out of curiosity what machine did you salvage as a result of purchasing the lot? What backglasses do you have? Backglasses and backdoors are where you will make your money.

There is also this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-heads-needed-heads-available

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from MikeO:

Post pictures of the sides of those without glasses. We’ll do the rest.

I’ll see if I can get some more photos tmrw...

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

Out of curiosity what machine did you salvage as a result of purchasing the lot?

I was after some early solid state pins and there was one there that I had never seen before... one other pinsider owns this game, that’s it.... two photos of machine on ipdb.... top secret... I’d tell only if vid1900 reappeared and asked...not an EM

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from danczaz:

I was after some early solid state pins and there was one there that I had never seen before... one other pinsider owns this game, that’s it.... two photos of machine on ipdb.... top secret... I’d tell only if vid1900 reappeared and asked...not an EM

Leaving us all hanging

#16 4 years ago

It was a boxing theme with a kangaroo on the backglass, a very rare conversion by Bell industries I believe of a early SS gottlieb

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from dc2010:

It was a boxing theme with a kangaroo on the backglass, a very rare conversion by Bell industries I believe of a early SS gottlieb

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=3306&picno=40557

#18 4 years ago

That's it, I saw the ad, just too far, good on the op for grabbing it

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from dc2010:

Thanks for ruining my surprise...

#20 4 years ago

Any Dodge City heads in the mix?

#21 4 years ago

Any spare back doors that would fit a Bally Night Rider? Need one for a friend..

#22 4 years ago

From what I could see - list of titles so far includes:

Aztec (Bally)
    Flip Flop (Bally)
    Big Indian (Gottlieb)
    Jack in the Box (Gottlieb)
    New World (Playmatic)
    New World (Playmatic) 2nd one
    Dealers Choice (Williams)
    Fun Fest (Williams)
    Grand Prix (Williams)
    Honey (Williams)
    Honey (Williams) 2nd one
    JackPot (Williams)
    Jubilee (Williams)
    OXO (Williams)
    Space Mission (Williams)
    Strato Flite (Williams)
    Strato Flite (Williams) 2nd one

#23 4 years ago

I need a Williams back door and back door channel if you’re willing to sell one.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Any spare back doors that would fit a Bally Night Rider? Need one for a friend..

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I need a Williams back door and back door channel if you’re willing to sell one.

The problem with back doors is shipping will likely cost more than the door. Typically I take all the back doors I have to local shows just to avoid shipping something that big. Next will be the York Show with about 20 various doors headed to that show.

Sadly for OP there will be dozens of people emailing that want this or that. He was smart enough to post he really wanted to sell them as a lot yet people will keep trying to wear him down to start selling off parts from a few. From my experience with parting out machines there are two big issues selling this stuff a little at a time. Those issues are time & space it takes for very little return.

It is always neat to see stuff like this posted but typically sellers open a "can of worms" posting stuff like this just because of the volume of "special request" they will get. I am not saying that is totally bad I am just saying it becomes a lot of emails to address.

#25 4 years ago

Those heads are less than worthless due to the space they take up. But PRICELESS when you need a part from them! As mentioned earlier though, most people only need one head from each manufacturer to last them a long time. Excepting back doors and backglasses which are always in demand.

#26 4 years ago

Is there Aladdin's Castle in that heard of heads?

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

From what I could see - list of titles so far includes:
    Aztec (Bally)
    Flip Flop (Bally)
    Big Indian (Gottlieb)
    Jack in the Box (Gottlieb)
    New World (Playmatic)
    New World (Playmatic) 2nd one
    Dealers Choice (Williams)
    Fun Fest (Williams)
    Grand Prix (Williams)
    Honey (Williams)
    Honey (Williams) 2nd one
    JackPot (Williams)
    Jubilee (Williams)
    OXO (Williams)
    Space Mission (Williams)
    Strato Flite (Williams)
    Strato Flite (Williams) 2nd one

A fellow pinsider just bought a lot of PF’s with two strato flites within the mix. Someone looking to redo one should grab the heads and PF’s

#28 4 years ago

Pure EM envy here. Not to be a kill-joy and bring on the wrath of the crowd, but I would pull the glass of of each one, seal them in frames and use them as decorations. Then sell each head to individuals (as needed)

#29 4 years ago

Every game that has a — in front of it has a back glass.

—Aztec (Bally)
    Flip Flop (Bally) (not part of 25 pins)
    —Big Indian (Gottlieb)
    —Jack in the Box (Gottlieb)
    —New World (Playmatic)
    —New World (Playmatic) 2nd one
    —Dealers Choice (Williams)
    —Dealers Choice (Williams) 2nd one
    —Fun Fest (Williams)
    Grand Prix (Williams)
    —Honey (Williams)
    —Honey (Williams) 2nd one
    —JackPot (Williams)
    —Jubilee (Williams)
    —OXO (Williams)
    OXO (Williams) 2nd One
    Space Mission (Williams)
    —Strato Flite (Williams)
    —Strato Flite (Williams) 2nd One
    —Hot Shot (Gottlieb)
    Monaco or Cannes (Segasa)
    Hollywood (Chicago Coin)
    Little Chief (Williams)
    Universe (Zaccaria)
    Universe (Zaccaria) 2nd One

#30 4 years ago

Here are photos of 5 I could not identify
    0445699B-8A77-4AC0-8921-9532B955C40C (resized).jpeg0445699B-8A77-4AC0-8921-9532B955C40C (resized).jpeg18128A3A-CED9-410E-84DE-DA7DFB23CF08 (resized).jpeg18128A3A-CED9-410E-84DE-DA7DFB23CF08 (resized).jpeg

54214322-3E2B-4278-A4DA-9A84B1FEE7C4 (resized).jpeg54214322-3E2B-4278-A4DA-9A84B1FEE7C4 (resized).jpeg
    #31 4 years ago

The last pic of the head with the feather on the side is a Williams Little Chief.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

The last pic of the head with the feather on the side is a Williams Little Chief.

Thanks

Will update

#33 4 years ago

What are the coils on the other ones? One looks like a Playmatic bonus unit but the dummy score reels don't look like Playmatic

#34 4 years ago

The head with the lights and face is a Chicago Coin Hollywood.

#35 4 years ago

One with spot lights is Chicago Coin Hollywood

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

The head with the lights and face is a Chicago Coin Hollywood.

Beat me to it!

#37 4 years ago

The one painted black will likely be impossible to ID unless it has a unique stepper in it or you clean the paint off the head.

#38 4 years ago

From Italy (orange and blue stripes) ... duplicate one
    F566FBF3-8867-4DCD-AED8-CBEAF1EA3B1E (resized).jpegF566FBF3-8867-4DCD-AED8-CBEAF1EA3B1E (resized).jpeg

40A1BE1E-7C3C-402B-8E45-E62F696E2FF5 (resized).jpeg40A1BE1E-7C3C-402B-8E45-E62F696E2FF5 (resized).jpeg
    #39 4 years ago

Paint over... Williams ... has blue in it

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #40 4 years ago

The one with the blue and orange stripes is a Zaccaria Universe

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Awesome... I’ll update list

#42 4 years ago

#43 4 years ago

Your mystery head with the brown contact paper could very well be a Williams Little Chief also.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Beat me again - just figured that out and was ready to post.

#45 4 years ago

Hate to be bearer of bad news too-many-pins but I have a pending sale at 9 AM tomorrow.

#46 4 years ago

Sold— these have been picked up. Donation will be made to pinside

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from danczaz:

Glad to hear you got them sold locally. If you were a few hundred miles closer or I wasn't sick they would be in my garage & not the buyers garage but sometimes things don't work out for a reason. I am just happy to hear you have your garage back again & those heads are in the hands of someone who has a use for them. THANKS! Skip

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Glad to hear you got them sold locally. If you were a few hundred miles closer or I wasn't sick they would be in my garage & not the buyers garage but sometimes things don't work out for a reason. I am just happy to hear you have your garage back again & those heads are in the hands of someone who has a use for them. THANKS! Skip

Thanks for your help and it was nice chatting!

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from danczaz:

9DC7A2BF-48DC-41F2-A0FE-87E6671C0F11 (resized).jpeg9DC7A2BF-48DC-41F2-A0FE-87E6671C0F11 (resized).jpeg
    #50 4 years ago

Wondering if those heads came from Gene Cunningham estate, as I remember him having lots of heads without matching bodies and bodies without heads. I think it has to do with Mike Pacak and him having issues during one of mikes divorces.

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-i-bought-26-em-heads-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.