14 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by fusion301
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

need-for-speed-carbon-standard-video-a.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maldoror.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 14 years ago

Xbox does not support force feedback properly as far as I understand it, so a PC racing setup would be the way to go if you are going for realism.

I have the logitech momo wheel and it is an awesome PC wheel for 100 bucks or so. Has really nice almost real feel to it and the force feedback is strong. It just mounts to my desk and has pedals that grip onto the carpet or floor. It is sure a pain in the ass to setup though so for that reason it does not get as much use as it should.

For your project maybe I would use a racing cab with arcade monitor of good quality, and straight jamma/mame it and load the mame box with racing games only. Still not going to be as realistic as a modern PC racing game with force feedback (not that there are very many of these anymore anyways) but it will be good "arcade" fun.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maldoror.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sit-down-car-arcade-game-build?tu=maldoror and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.