Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by bigd1979
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Ok so my jd has received a deposit and should be sold pending a disaster lol. This is my first time shipping So as the seller what do I need to do to get it ready and make sure it makes the journey as safe as possible? Will they remove from my house and should I prewrap the pin in cardboard and shrink wrap?

#2 8 years ago

I would just lay a blanket on the glass and fold the head down tape the keys to the glass and let navl do their job. they will blanket wrap the game and use cardboard on all the legs then shrink wrap it all up and then pick it up with the legs on it and put it in the truck while you have a cold glass of tea.

#3 8 years ago
    Quoted from garyspinballs:

I would just lay a blanket on the glass and fold the head down tape the keys to the glass and let navl do their job. they will blanket wrap the game and use cardboard on all the legs then shrink wrap it all up and then pick it up with the legs on it and put it in the truck while you have a cold glass of tea.

O really ? They take it out of the house even with a set of 5 stairs?

#4 8 years ago

So just let them do everything then ? Ok sounds simple enough I just wanted to do what I cld to make sure nothing happened to it

#5 8 years ago

They do, but I would definately put the head down pad the head and wrap it secure. I have seen several ship with the head up as the driver didn't know how to put it down or even that it went down.

They do not do stairs unless you pay more for a second guy. So you can have it moved down the steps ahead of time or out in the garage if you want.

#6 8 years ago

Ok I can get it to ground level for them and will fold head and wrap

#7 8 years ago

Just as a precaution, once down and before wrapping pin take pics of all sides of the cabinet and head and forward to buyer just in case they need to make a shipping claim.

#8 8 years ago

Yeah, pics and video are awesome. I bought my LOTR from Kevin and Al with Classic Pinball up in NJ. It should be here tomorrow, but he sent me a great walkaround video of the game prior to prep for shipping. When I've shipped STI, I send like 50 pictures of the process and loading.

#9 8 years ago

Well there are a ton of pins allready but will take more and video bc it is a really nice condition pin

#10 8 years ago

Do they usually Give a pretty exact time of pickup ? Bc i dont have a garage and wld need to bring the pin to my front yard to avoid stairs since they dont do that ? I wld need to have a friend or the lady there to bring it down the 4 stairs from my porch then reattach the back legs so they can then load it . I wish i had a walkout door straight to the yard but not the case lol.

#11 8 years ago

Hey, Big D! When I had my IJ shipped, I took the legs off, put the head down with padding, and shrink-wrapped the shit out of it. I thought that was good enough. Nuh-uh. STI came and shrink-wrapped cardboard around the corners and a blanket around the whole thing. Incredible service. I know some people have had problems with them in the past, but my one experience was nothing but positive. If you're really happy with the way they treat your machine, be sure to show them some love with the green.

#12 8 years ago

I thought they shipped with legs on?

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

They do

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

That makes me nervous. Maybe they do...I didn't ask. But I just assumed you have to pack it up.

#15 8 years ago

O you said you took your legs off?Did they put them back on when the loaded it

#16 8 years ago

From what I've seen, I'd put it in a portable bomb shelter -____- ...

#17 8 years ago

There definitely is more good than bad for the amount of pins shipped . Also im not getting it shipped the op is om just the seller .plus if for some reason something happensit will be ccovered

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

There definitely is more good than bad for the amount of pins shipped . Also im not getting it shipped the op is om just the seller .plus if for some reason something happensit will be ccovered

I'll bet your tune would change if you were the one who had a bad experience.

Ask me how I know. And I was the shipper, not the receiver, and they tore my old RFM up pretty good.

#19 8 years ago

Thats y I wont ship a pin to scared bc my luck id be the one in a thousand that got damaged .

#20 8 years ago

NAVL/STI ripped up a HUO RFM for me as well ( not NPO's ). Just be very careful and assume the worst can happen in transit. That will ensure the game will move safely. Never underestimate the power of human behavior...

#21 8 years ago

If you totally prep it for shipping they will want you to sign a paper releasing the insurance as you could be hiding damage. Do not sign the paper, wait for them to show up and let them prep it or ask if you can as you will do a much better job.

#22 8 years ago

It's totally hit or miss depending on the guys that show up. Schedule pickup early in the morning. If you're lucky they won't be on the sauce yet. Not a STI fan

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rock914:

If you totally prep it for shipping they will want you to sign a paper releasing the insurance as you could be hiding damage. Do not sign the paper, wait for them to show up and let them prep it or ask if you can as you will do a much better job.

Very true

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shipping-a-pin-with-sti and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.