(Topic ID: 61689)

Share your awesome games of pinball...this is why we keeping hitting play!

By VolunteerPin

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by LesManley
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

After I just finished reading a couple of inflammatory threads with people bickering, I thought I'd post a little story about my best game of MM last night. I figured we can all relate to great games of pinball where, even though they were great, you were SO close to something you've never done before.

Me and the wife were getting ready for U.T.'s home opener yesterday afternoon and I had a little bit of time before I had to shower up. So, of course, I figured I'd get in a few games of pinball. I played a couple of games of Tron which were nothing special and low scoring. So, I moved over a pin and turned on my MM.

I was hitting my shots like nobody's business right out of the gate. Except for the jousting orbits, I could seemingly hit my shots at will. This was evidenced by the fact that after my first ball, before playing either of the 2 extra balls I had received, my score was 135 million (previous GC score was 108 million).

I would love to report that my final score was something sick like 500 million, but I did lose my moxy a little the remaining balls. Once I got to Royal Madness I had the worst effort on that ever and only hit the two trolls. Oddly, I could not hit any of the other shots and time expired. Boo!

I kept going and was able to light every light on the way to Battle for the Kingdom except Joust Champion. I destroyed the King of Payne for my very first time which I was very stoked about!

By the time I was on my third ball, I had lit all the Madness lights again and was ready to start Royal Madness. Not only that, but I had an extra ball waiting on me. All I need was another one stinkin' shot to the Merlin hole and I was not able to get it. I drained my final ball with Royal Madness and an extra ball waiting for me! Not only that, but I only needed two more Joust shots which would have lit the Joust Champion and let me get ready for the Battle for the Kingdom.

I was a 45 year old man jumping up and down when that last ball drained yelling, "No, No!"

My heart was pumping and my hands nearly shaking. What a great, fun game of pinball!

Isn't that why we spend our money on these wonderful, fun-filled machines we get the privilege to have in our homes? Wow, I love pinball!

Just to complete the story...my new GC score is a nice 188 million. Oh, to be just a couple shots away to getting my first big-time wizard mode and fall short makes me want to fire up my pins right now and try again. Too bad it is 7:14 AM on a Sunday morning. I don't think my sleeping family would appreciate that all too much.

Y'all have a wonderful day!

#2 10 years ago

For the 1st 6 months or so I had Tron my highest score was 83 million.

My 1st incredible game on Tron blew my previous high score away at 187 million. It was the first time I got to Portal multiball and I ended up beating it. I was lucky to have a buddy walk in on my 1st ball, so I had a witness. He probably thought I had lost my mind, since I was jumping around and screaming too. I'm sure my smile was ear to ear as well.

Semi sad to say, but I don't think I had been that excited in at least 5 years, lol.

#3 10 years ago

Turned my games on the other night for one game each just to make sure they were playing in tip top shape. My sister was coming to house sit and usually has a bunch of friends over and the see a lot of play. Well, 15 minutes later I had my best game ever on F-14 blowing my previous high score out of the water. Was not even trying to play well, I need to adopt that attitude at the next tournament I go to.

#4 10 years ago

T3 I was playing and collected all the challenges to get to wizard mode ( RGP, Escape, super jackpot, assualt and payback ) there was a fair bit to do to get to the final battle but had made it and completed final battle on my 4th ball (yes set to 5 balls) I lost that ball and was on 303 million and was 185 million short of my record.........so I played the 5th ball and what a ball managed in 1 ball to do everything again and need one shot up the left lane to activate final battle mode for a second time, I locked the ball up the right ramp for mystery mode and knew the ball was coming to the right flipper for a shot I hit 9-10 times, I took a look at the score while waiting for the ball to kick up the ramp it was on 433 million and knew I had a big chance to break my own score......ball comes down to the right flipper took the shot, slightly of target hits the edge of the ramp near the left loop and rockets straight down the centre for a drain.......man was I pissed, I was telling my wife about it and she was like sure unlucky not a care in the world about my effort.......ended up scoring 464 million and missing a chance that doesn't come around often.......as Anrnie says " I'll be back"

#5 10 years ago

Some of my favorites were...

TAF - Ball 1 was 11 million, ball 2...took awhile. Toured the mansion 5 times, well over 99 bear kick ramps for Super Bear Kicks and I had so many extra balls on a single ball, the game stopped awarding me them. Final score = 2,238,028,030

RCT - This game was crazy. 3 Park Tycoons. I beat my old Grand Champion score by 30 million and had it beat on ball 1. I didn't time out any of the modes either. Final score = 72,348,150

BSM - Played the nicest Spidey I have ever seen at a local's house (pin museum). Game played like a dream. Proceeded to get Super Hero, 2 Extra Balls, 104 Million Bonus Ball 1, 47 Combos, 142 Spiders. If only my ball 1 bonus was ball 3 with a 3x multiplier. Final Score = 1,048,829,710

CV - At the Midwest Gaming Classic midnight party. Random prizes were given out and groups of 4 strangers were supposed to play a 4 player match to win the prize. CV was chosen for my group and my ball 1, I tilted out with 230,000. Made a nice comeback on the subsequent balls and ended up joining and completing the circus, scoring over 130 million.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/share-your-awesome-games-of-pinballthis-is-why-we-keeping-hitting-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.