Shaker motor help installation help please

By Donnyman

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hi guys as you know i got my NIB XMLE and Im trying to install a shaker motor. I mounted the motor attached the the shaker motor board and plugged the male brn -gry wire to the female brn. I do have a red-white female but cant find the male to plug it in to. Also where do you find how to turn the shaker motor on in the diagnostics. Thanks for your help. Donny

#2 11 years ago

There should be a red wire mid cab left side that's where it was on my ACDC lots of wires there look hard. Test should be in the coil tests.

#3 11 years ago

My xmen shipped with the shaker enabled by default. The red white wire should be the only one on the left side of the cab that isn't plugged into anything (I think.)

#4 11 years ago

I cant find it for the life of me guys

#5 11 years ago

Hell yeah I found the red-white wire and it is set on default like zucot said amd thanks mandelbloom I found it on the left against the upper side cabinet. man does it shake can you tone it down though?

#6 11 years ago

If it is like SM, you can go into setting and adjust how often it comes on, but you cannot adjust the intensity when it is on. They pretty much have 1 speed.

Tom

#7 11 years ago

If you notice a rattling sound make sure you tighten the long screw across the top. Seems a bunch went out that needed that adjustment check the GEX shaker motor thread for a video.

#8 11 years ago

If you really want to tone it down (and I wouldn't, it's perfect as it is) you can probably take one if the weights off one side axel. I've never tried this but I would expect it to have some impact.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

man does it shake can you tone it down though?

If Xmen is like my Tron, the factory setting for shaker motor was maximum. In adjustment menu I dialed it down to moderate and it is much better. Maximum was a bit much.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

If Xmen is like my Tron, the factory setting for shaker motor was maximum. In adjustment menu I dialed it down to moderate and it is much better. Maximum was a bit much.

This does not impact how hard it shakes. It only impacts how often it shakes. Same is true on your tron.

#11 11 years ago

Donny..Pics man! I am about to install mine

#12 11 years ago

Just installed my shaker today in AC DC (thanks JJ). I am super non technical but this was really easy. Without pics it's very obvious which bolt to tighten. My game is rocking!

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Without pics it's very obvious which bolt to tighten

Yay! I am hoping not to have trouble finding the plug like Donny. I will have an audience for setup today lol.

#14 11 years ago

Actually the plug threw me too because it's more like half way down the cabinet. Plus I plugged it in backwards so no power. I checked it and it was clear one side had the metal piece to fit in and after swapping it worked.
Overall was a two minute thing though. Good luck it makes a difference : )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shaker-motor-help-installation-help-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.