Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by bohunr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Getting ready to pull the trigger on buying one however, wanted some opinions from pinsiders that already have one installed in their SS.

#2 10 years ago

Still waiting, eh?

#3 10 years ago

I have the color dmd in mine. I have to say you can't go wrong! The colors look great! Thinking about what machine is next...

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from loanguy7171973:

Getting ready to pull the trigger on buying one however, wanted some opinions from pinsiders that already have one installed in their SS.

Not sure if you've seen the gameplay video on our YouTube channel.

#5 10 years ago

I've played it, so gorgeous. I can't imagine NOT getting it if you had that game.

#6 10 years ago

Almost every one of my B/W pins has a ColorDMD. I even use the Sigma ROM in the games that they haven't colorized yet. Anything looks better than orange dots!

If you don't like the ColorDMD in your SS, you can move it to a different title. You're never stuck (unless you only have a single pin), and then I still would argue that you can't go wrong.

Randy and his team have really made a great product!

#7 10 years ago

Don't hesitate...I have one in my SS and AFM...both look tremendous. I imagine some machines due to the graphics coloring would not look as good in full color (IMHO a machine like LOTR or IJ would look better with the current orange DMDs)...I know they haven't come out with Color DMDs for those two machines, but just sayin'.

#8 10 years ago

I cannot imagine going orange on my Scared Stiff. The ColorDMD on it is awesome. No way you'll regret it.

#9 10 years ago

Ugh...I would LOVE one of these for my SS...$400 is just a hard pill to swallow for me.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I cannot imagine going orange on my Scared Stiff. The ColorDMD on it is awesome. No way you'll regret it.

+1.... Well worth it on this title.

#11 10 years ago

I always thought the dripping look on the screen was supposed to be blood like dripping. But it looks green on that video. Is it really green?

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from balselly:

I always thought the dripping look on the screen was supposed to be blood like dripping. But it looks green on that video. Is it really green?

Take a look at the playfield around the slings and the lane guides and you will see the green slime...

#13 10 years ago

I love the color on my SS. Probably even more than AFM.

As a nitpick, I would like to see some of the screens detected a little better. You occasionally see the screen go completely white, and I think this is because they're frames with a lot of random dots on them that make them difficult to match properly.

Like I said, it's a minor issue, though, and certainly not bad enough to make the display not worth getting.

#14 10 years ago

Scarred Still doesn't sound exciting....

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I love the color on my SS. Probably even more than AFM.
As a nitpick, I would like to see some of the screens detected a little better. You occasionally see the screen go completely white, and I think this is because they're frames with a lot of random dots on them that make them difficult to match properly.
Like I said, it's a minor issue, though, and certainly not bad enough to make the display not worth getting.

This has never happened on mine.

#16 10 years ago

I can't recall ever seeing the screen go all white either.

#17 10 years ago

Like I said, it's minor, and if I point them out, you'll know just how much of a nitpick I really am. Plus, you'd never be able to "unsee" them.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Like I said, it's minor, and if I point them out, you'll know just how much of a nitpick I really am. Plus, you'd never be able to "unsee" them.

Pix or it didn't happen....

#19 10 years ago

AFM is No. 1 - but Scared Stiff is close runner up!
http://flippervideos.de/video/scaredstiff/index.htm
Go get it

#20 10 years ago

I still think WhiteWater is my favorite I have seen, AFM is 2nd.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I'd be curious to see what you're talking about as I am still on the fence on this one. One thing that bothers me in the video, is at 6:39 the wipes start out orange and then change to a color for the stiff-o-meter levels. Seems kinda like a glitch.

#22 10 years ago

Ok, but you asked for it.

In the above video, one example that I think is not intentional is starting at 1:56 when jackpots are collected and the jackpot value is displayed. That particular one could actually be intentional, but there are others.

REALLY tough to see this one, but at 4:11, there's maybe 5 frames or so while doing the transition from Web Loop 3 to the Leapers.

At 4:57, The Monster's Lab, similar to the jackpots at 1:56.

At 5:23, the transition while showing the score.

At 5:38, the transition. This one looks impossible to avoid.

At 6:41, not white, but it bugs me.

OK, I'm going to stop there. Why is everyone staring at me?

Oh, and PLEASE don't think this means that I'm not happy with the product, it's just the Engineer in me over analyzing it.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

.... it's just the Engineer in me over analyzing it.

Oke, only for your own good

Step away from the keyboard, take a nice beverage of your choice .... RELAX

#24 10 years ago

Damn it - you guys were suppose to say - no it is awful what a piece of chit - don't waste you money. Well guess I am $400 poorer....thanks guys. I can't wait! What a great video thanks for sharing.

#25 10 years ago

You are not gonna regret it

#26 10 years ago

You will LOVE it!

#27 10 years ago

It's pretty sweet. I'd recommend it.

#28 10 years ago

Just picked up a SS and I'll have to op to color DMD as well, my translight got damaged during shipping anyone have a line on where I can get one? Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

£ 39.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-still-color-dmd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.