Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Bmanpin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

04202505-76E7-4A0B-8D16-206A4392D8F8 (resized).jpeg
    large (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sergioj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 1 year ago

Lot's of great suggestions so far, I would also say it depends somewhat on your skill level and the skill level of people you think will be playing the game. I love my Paragon, but she can be a cruel mistress sometimes. Great bang for the buck there though based on your criteria. Speaking of bang for the buck, I'm going to go in a different direction with my suggestions. An era of games where you can really get a lot of bang for the buck now are big flipper EM's, roughly earlyish to later 70's. The other upside to them is that they are generally built like tanks. Once you get them in place, you can go for a long time without ever needing to fix anything. If that's a consideration, I'd take a look. They also have a much lower price point for entry. Some games that I like and think would fit your criteria would be;

Abra Ca Dabra
    Atlantis
    Capt Fantastic
    Centigrade 37

Others in this category that hit most of what you're looking for

Fast Draw
    Grand Prix (WMS)
    Jungle Queen
    Old Chicago
    Prospector
    Surf Champ
    Target Alpha
    Wizard

Keep in mind that these games also have simpler goals, no multiball, no modes but there's a beauty in that sinplicity and a certain elegance to that from my point of view. You're also usually not waiting a long time between ball times if you're playing with friends. Keeps everybody engaged if you're playing with non pinheads, there's nothing my non-pinhead friends love more than watching me blow up a ball on a more modern game, (sarcasm alert there lol). In general, I would not invest a lot into a game until you figure out if owning a pin is right for you. There's a lot of reasons to collect and have a pin at home but ask yourself some questions to help figure it out. Are you going to swap through a game when you get tired of it? Then you might want to stick to more desirable titles to make that easier. Are you going to learn to fix them when things go wrong? May want to look at simpler/earlier more reliable games etc. Good luck!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sergioj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rookie-advice?tu=sergioj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.