(Topic ID: 140397)

Road Show: No GI and no matrix lamps

By cagpin

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cagpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I am refurbishing Road Show. There is no general illumination and no matrix lighting. Hoping it might be a simple cause, a fuse for example. I have at least 2 other Williams machines in the same wpc-s family, so swapping out a board is not a problem.

#3 8 years ago

LED 6 is on solid. I see 5 LED's total, all on solid. Connectors in the corner, j114 & j115, look to be in good condition and there is no scorching. The color-coding of the wires matches the Road Show operations manual. Color-coding is good on j120 & j121 also. (I am slightly familiar with the j115 connection because recently I found a frayed connection there that had been preventing General Illum. #4 from lighting up on Theatre of Magic.)

I have checked some fuses, but not necessarily all of them.

I ran diagnostics, and I find additionally that no solenoids are working, but most/all of the flashers are working.

?? Should I check something with the secondary transformer?? ?? Are there some continuity checks I should run??

PS Might not be able to respond for a few days. Thanks much for the input and suggestions.

#4 8 years ago

By the way, I have other WPC-S machines. Should I swap the board?

#5 8 years ago

Yes, Yes, YES. I should swap the WPC-S. Road Show is lighting up like a Christmas tree! Solenoid test is much better too. Good way to end the day.

So my next question: Should I diagnose the faulty WPC-S or send it to a repair depot?

Thanks again. I will close out this discussion next week. I am sure I will be posting more in the future.

#6 8 years ago

I will inspect the defective board for bad components, blown fuses, etc and then check out if there's a repair facility where I can send it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 63.95
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cagpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-no-gi-and-no-matrix-lamps?tu=cagpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.