13 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by pintastic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintastic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 13 years ago

So, just ordered the kit from Pinrestore and got crackin on it today. Had an unexpected day off and figured why not. Thats the next step on my FH restore so gonna need it this week. Well, first off, opened up the kit and was disappointed at the fact that for over $60.00 I got a handful of screws and the rivet bits. Literally, a tiny bag of 8 bolts and a few other odds and ends. Ah well. Theres actually a picture of what you get on the sight so not sure what I was expecting. Break out the arbor press and get it ready. I learned quickly that my drill press just isnt going to be big enough to do the drilling required! With a little ingenuity and a boat load of C-clamps and blocks of wood and turning my drill press base backwards I got the arbor press in there and drilled it on out. Drilling the ram wasnt any fun either. I guess the point of this post is.....If your going to try this yourself, either A: Make sure your drill press is a little bigger model than a regular home/shop model. A floor model would be great. B: If you dont have a floor model drill press, take it to a friends house or a machine shop and pay them a few bucks to do it for you or your really going to be stressing and a few cuss words may be thrown out there. Im just saying........Anyways, after much frustration and did I mention the various clamps and blocks? Got it together. What should have taken me an hour or so took about 4 hours and a few scraped knuckles. If anyone lives local to me (southwest VA) and needs some rivets done, dont buy it. Come and use mine. If anyone has a plastic they want riveted, save your money and send it to me and I'll press a few rivets for you free and send it back. Dont buy it. If anyone is going to be doing a full restore and swapping ramps and plastics, maybe you should go ahead and buy it but remember my cautions about the drill press. Oh, and a drill press clamp is going to prove to be priceless if you do try this at home. Cant wait till I press a few rivets.

#4 13 years ago

$100 bucks??? WOW. Send them here and I'll be glad to do it. Ive been riveting plastics all evening off and on. Theres been only a few areas that the press wont get to. Seems to be the deeper parts and a switch thats on an angle on a ramp. Being that this wont be seen I used a machine screw and nut.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintastic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rivet-press?tu=pintastic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.