Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Plumonium
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I recently got a Diner that had been stored in a warehouse for quite some time. It was in SoCal, so the humidity was minor, but the heat was still there. On my right ramp, there are some ripples or waves in the bottom of the ramp, not to mention the top flat pieces are also wavy in many spots. I wouldn't be too concerned about this except for the gate near the bottom of this ramp is having the ball launched into it and causing rejections on perfectly clean shots.

I can't find any replacement ramps, but haven't looked too hard. These ramps really aren't that bad, but could use a little help. Is there a way to flatten out the bottom of this area without hosing it all up?

EDIT: I have found a place to get ramps, but would now like to try to fix this even more. Worst case is I mess up and have to spend a little over $200 for all new ramps. I'd rather not, but if CPR finishes PF's, I might have to do a complete plastics/PF/ramps refresh.

#2 8 years ago

You can heat the plastic up with a heat gun and flatten the areas with a clamp and a couple of pieces of wood. Be aware though that any part of the ramp that is curved will try to revert to it's original shape (flat) if heated. The best way is to create a mold out of wood that will hold everything in place while you flatten the specific areas you are concerned about. Although it's possible I generally wouldn't recommend this procedure unless you are prepared to replace the ramp if things go bad.

Picture would help assess the situation.

#3 8 years ago

I would actually be perfectly fine with the ramps as they are, if it weren't for the rejection issues on the right side. When I play the machine (complete topside teardown, cleaning, new rings everywhere, new balls all prior to playing much) the right ramp rejects 25%-33% of the shots directed that way. Each time it happens, the ball catches one of these slight ripples and pops into the switch gate. Even with this issue, I'm loving the game. I'll try to fix it and if it goes tango uniform, I'll get a new ramp.

#4 8 years ago

Your going to want a perfect right ramp, that is the Money shot for this game. A perfectly timed clean shot to the cup will spin big points, for me the most gratifying shot in pinball. PM me, I think I have an extra one in perfect shape I'd be willing to sell. I'll look in my spare ramps box tonight.

#5 8 years ago

I say give it a go, and if you end up needing new ramps, you can get em. Gotta learn repairs somehow

#6 8 years ago

My right ramp is not rippled as yours sounds but I still get reject about 33% of the time of good hard shot. might try to raised the gate with spacer of some sort ( a few washers)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rippled-ramps-diner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.