IMG_20230514_224703.jpg
IMG_20230514_224644.jpg
20230512_171049 (resized).jpg
20230512_133133 (resized).jpg
20230512_133139 (resized).jpg
20230512_131759 (resized).jpg
20230512_131853 (resized).jpg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpg
There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 1 year ago

Hi everyone, I created this new forum to keep you all updated on the ramp progress. I've gone through a couple more iterations already to improve the ramp entrance and switch location.

Thank you all for your interest in this Mod! For this first run I am limiting to 30 ramps.
I have received over 30 interested parties in the ramp so I will start production of this ramp and keep you all updated here.
The final price of the ramp will be 170USD + shipping.

I am printing the final version of the ramp right now (about a day to print) and will upload more gameplay footage once installed.

I originally designed this mod for myself and wasn't planning to release it. I designed it because the metal guide to the garage wasn't consistent enough so I set out to create a fix. I also didn't like the way the meeseeks multiball ended with a shot to the Jerry target and thought a ramp shot would be so much more satisfying and boy was I right. I have made so many versions of this ramp tweaking the geometry for a smooth satisfying shot. The area was very tight to have everything fit and I was able to make the mod fully reversible with a simple install. The ramp shot triggers the jerry target just as in regular gameplay.

IMG_8327 (resized).jpgIMG_8327 (resized).jpgIMG_8326 (resized).jpgIMG_8326 (resized).jpg
#3 1 year ago

Excellent job!

What will the final material be, petg? Will you keep it the natural/translucent or go with a color?

I'll take one

#4 1 year ago

"lookin' good..."

#5 1 year ago

Looking forward to this mod, looks really well thought out.

I had a question about material will be used as well. What is the durability of a 3-D printed ramp? My concern would be strength around the scoop kickout and the posts around the ramp entrance and scoop.

For the ramp flap screws, would it be possible to countersink the holes and use a flathead screw that won't impact the ball's trajectory?

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Looking forward to this mod, looks really well thought out.
I had a question about material will be used as well. What is the durability of a 3-D printed ramp? My concern would be strength around the scoop kickout and the posts around the ramp entrance and scoop.
For the ramp flap screws, would it be possible to countersink the holes and use a flathead screw that won't impact the ball's trajectory?

At least for the ramp flap screws, they are out of the path and close enough to the wall that they just sneek in under the radius (the ball will ride/touch the wall and floor but the area under the curve is such that the screw head will not contact the ball)

#7 1 year ago

I like this mod...waiting to see how it holds up and any issues before jumping in...durability would be an issue...not sure how 3d printed material will hold up long term.. I know a lot of homebrews use 3d ramps....so it must be "good enough"...

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I like this mod...waiting to see how it holds up and any issues before jumping in...durability would be an issue...not sure how 3d printed material will hold up long term.. I know a lot of homebrews use 3d ramps....so it must be "good enough"...

Yeah. I'm signed up for one but would prefer it if the 3-d printed ramp was used as a template to vacuum mold a real clear plastic ramp.

#9 1 year ago

Put me down

#10 1 year ago

please add me to the list

#11 1 year ago

I would like one please!!

#12 1 year ago

Add me please. Looks good.

#13 1 year ago

please add me

#14 1 year ago

Please add me

#15 1 year ago

I would so be into this mod if the code was modified to not award the dimension (or make it optional). I love that you can basically transfer from the right flipper to the left (ramp to garage to left in-lane). But I don't like how easy it will make starting a new dimension. I recall when R&M first came out there was some discussion as to all the wasted space on the left side because of the standard ball trough under the pf. if only Spooky/Scott had thought of this really cool solution. But it really needs a code change imo. Oh well.

#16 1 year ago

Can’t wait. Please keep us in the loop.

#17 1 year ago

I would like to purchase one, please add me to the list.

I think it is a very clever upgrade

#18 1 year ago

UPDATE!

Firstly, thank you all for your interest!

The ramp design is complete and parts have been selected. I have tweaked the geometry a bit more because I just can't help myself. It is a tough shot but runs through smooth when hit clean. The ramp will be made out of PLA+ and is reinforced in areas to improve durability. I have had this in my RaM for about a year without failure and this new design is stronger. I am sending the first unit to a local with a RaM for testing to ensure that there aren't any potential differences between machines to ensure an easy install for you all. This should be tested over the weekend so I should be able to start production next week! I will start messaging you in order when units are ready to go out. I am very excited to see these in your machines!

#19 1 year ago

I like it...

#20 1 year ago

What an awesome idea, please add me to your list.

#21 1 year ago

I am in for one. Thx

Any thoughts of a Jerry decal for on top of the ramp flap.

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
#22 1 year ago

Count me in for one whenever your next batch is. Looks great!

#23 1 year ago

Update!!!

The 0.006" stainless steel ramp entrances and all the parts for the install kits have arrived! Manufacturing the final Jerry Ramp design has begun and will be able to start shipping Monday. The printer material has been upgaded from pla+ to petg for more durability. I will be able to produce and deliver all 30 ramps over the next two weeks.

Shipping costs to the states averages at $30.00 so the total to me will be $200.00USD including shipping.

I'll start reaching out to you 30 people on my list soon for payment. I'm very excited to provide these ramp kits to you all.
POST FINAL (resized).jpgPOST FINAL (resized).jpg

Rum-Z
rockrand
Mank
lookyloo
damadczar
Eric_S
matlynch91
TomGWI
SuperMica
macethetemplar
gliebig
djsoup
1iblind
MarklarD
Wake2wood
jk2171
Morgoth00
Eug
6S3NC3
johnnytruant
Travahontas
mrbillishere
Lounge
MrDark
gac
OnTheSnap
AMSNL
AMSNL
sleepygtr
zeuszamora

#24 1 year ago

I'd like to see some reviews on these gents when you install them...

#25 1 year ago

I'd like to get one of these in your next run.

#26 1 year ago

Wow - this look really good! Can you explain the installation process and how it's fully reversible? I'm interested but rather not drill any holes into the PF. Thanks

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wow - this look really good! Can you explain the installation process and how it's fully reversible? I'm interested but rather not drill any holes into the PF. Thanks

Thank you! The ramp uses existing holes and mounting points so there are no new holes in the playfield. If you want to change your game back to stock use the install instructions backwards and you’re back playing the original.

#28 1 year ago

Packaging was in full swing today! It was a busy weekend getting these all together but just want to thank you all again for your interest and I really hope you enjoy the ramp as much as I do!
If any of you get a chance please post to the thread a picture of the ramp or a video of you getting the shot.
The people with orders being sent out this week will be receiving their tracking numbers tonight.

23FBE0FB-E320-43F7-8D99-633610A158B4 (resized).jpeg23FBE0FB-E320-43F7-8D99-633610A158B4 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#30 1 year ago

InteractivePinball Received the ramps , man this looks amazing can’t wait to install it . Much respect for the quality and engineering that went in this mod great work!!

Will let you know how it plays

7C80846B-4F9E-45F5-88D8-DDC1BD7A5989 (resized).jpeg7C80846B-4F9E-45F5-88D8-DDC1BD7A5989 (resized).jpeg

#31 1 year ago

Installed! Was a breeze thank you

7D21F966-6DC4-49D4-889F-2A070692F96C (resized).jpeg7D21F966-6DC4-49D4-889F-2A070692F96C (resized).jpegDD62D109-B1A3-4C6A-9302-3AC3CBFF79E4 (resized).jpegDD62D109-B1A3-4C6A-9302-3AC3CBFF79E4 (resized).jpeg
#32 1 year ago

I’ll take one of these if you have any spots left

#33 1 year ago

Hi all,

Thank you for the great messages about this Jerry Ramp! I'm excited that you are enjoying a new shot and an improved garage shot from the upper flipper. I have decided to do another run of 30 due to the demand. I only have a few spots left for this run so shoot me a message if you would like to be added to the list. I will start messaging for payment for this next run and should be able to start shipping them by the end of this week and finish the full batch by the end of next week. Wubalubadubdub!!!!!

Screenshot 2023-03-28 174528 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-28 174528 (resized).png
#34 1 year ago

My review of the R&M Jerry Ramp mod.

Full disclaimer: I purchased my R&M from a fellow Pinsider who was given the prototype ramp to install. I picked up the machine before it could be installed and offered Trent (the developer) to install it and provide feedback, which I did. Trent graciously gave me the final version free of charge, no strings attached. I did offer to pay and would have gladly done so. This is also my first post on Pinside as I am happy to be entertained by others and prefer handshakes to keyboards.

Background: I had never played R&M previously so I did what research I could reading the owners forums, ratings, and watching gameplay videos. My two biggest concerns were the criticisms of clunky shots and difficulty getting to the garage. I watched the Deadflip/Spooky reveal video and noticed everyone having difficulty making the garage shot. I am a casual player with a family who like to play, so having difficulty starting adventures would dampen the fun pretty quick. However, I do like that some of the shots are hard and was up for a challenge. When I read about the Jerry ramp, I was cautiously optimistic this might address that concern if I ever purchased the game.

Ramp design: wow, what an impressive example of engineering and creativity! I can't imagine how many hours were poured into this and how many samples were printed out. Just figuring out the hardware needed would be daunting. It looks like it would be a big empty wasteland under the crystal plastic, but there's two flashers, vuk, posts, targets, and two GI bulbs to incorporate into the ramp - all with tight tolerances. I'm also impressed with the quality of the 3d print and filament used. It's rigid, smooth, and feels very strong. I had to really torque down on that long screw and it was fine, even with the screw getting hot from friction. I feel pretty confident in long-term durability.

Installation: R&M was new to me so it took longer than I was expecting to install. I had some issues with the prototype ramp and instructions which I reported to Trent. I also had several wires pop off when moving the wiring under the playfield as all the wires seem to be lightly tacked - thanks Spooky! Trent was very responsive and I can happily report the final version of the ramp and plug solved all the issues I had and the instructions are improved. I appreciate the mounting solution for the Jerry target and the bonus sticker is perfect. I really like that the install is non-destructive and reversible.

In play: I think this design ticks three boxes: adds another shot to the garage, makes use of some empty playfield space, and smooths out the garage shot from the upper flipper. I was a bit concerned the ramp might make the garage shot too easy, but I don't think that's the case. It's a very tight shot where you have to squeeze by the dangerous pop bumper, and has to be hit cleanly. It's the perfect balance of adding more options with an element of risk. It really feels like it should have always been in the game. I haven't had any issues with the portal VUK ejections or balls dropping into the garage.

Conclusion: it's an expensive add-on, but you're paying for the labour in the design and material quality. R&M is a ton of fun and the Jerry ramp makes it that much better. What more can you ask for?

Regards, Jeff

20230329_023352977_iOS (resized).jpg20230329_023352977_iOS (resized).jpg20230329_023407155_iOS (resized).jpg20230329_023407155_iOS (resized).jpg20230329_023950160_iOS (resized).jpg20230329_023950160_iOS (resized).jpg20230329_024201627_iOS (resized).jpg20230329_024201627_iOS (resized).jpg
#35 1 year ago
Quoted from InteractivePinball:

Hi all,
Thank you for the great messages about this Jerry Ramp! I'm excited that you are enjoying a new shot and an improved garage shot from the upper flipper. I have decided to do another run of 30 due to the demand. I only have a few spots left for this run so shoot me a message if you would like to be added to the list. I will start messaging for payment for this next run and should be able to start shipping them by the end of this week and finish the full batch by the end of next week. Wubalubadubdub!!!!!
[quoted image]

Love the X1c. Bump it up to ludicrous speed yet? It's crazy.

I finally got my voron 2.4r2 up to Bambu accelerations (almost 20k).

#36 1 year ago

Nice option for another shot and don’t think it’s as easy one because it’s not!I believe the upper flipper to the garage is easier than this one and the upper flipper to garage is now butter smooth.

#37 1 year ago

How did I miss this before? Message sent as this looks just awesome!

#38 1 year ago

PM sent.
Please add me to your Build list
Kim

#39 1 year ago

Please add me to the list, pm sent!

#40 1 year ago

Please add me to the list for 2 kits please.

Thank you

#41 1 year ago

Looks great- please add me to your list.

#42 1 year ago

Please add me to the list for 1 kit!

#43 1 year ago

May I be put on your list to purchase 1 kit, please. Thanks!

#44 1 year ago

Please add me to list. Thank you

#45 1 year ago

We gotta have one! Please add me to the list. Bill

#46 1 year ago

This mod is killer, shot is NOT easy! I'm glad it is difficult. Take your time installing, it's a bit of a journey but the reward is worth it. I had to adjust the switch that took a bit. I suggest before you button it up with the plastic, test it and make adjustments to the switch. It will save you mega time.

That is all....

#47 1 year ago

Maybe newspaper to pack an expensive mod like this was a poor choice?

If you are going to charge these prices, you need to pack it a little better.

May I suggest a larger box, bubble wrap and then surround that bubble wrap with the finest Canadian air (air packs).

IMG_20230411_234939.jpgIMG_20230411_234939.jpg

In case you or others cannot see, your PETG part failed catastrophically and is cracked along layer lines with pieces that broke off, rendering this part useless.

#48 1 year ago

Ok, fine, I'm in! Please add me to the list if you have availability.

#49 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Maybe newspaper to pack an expensive mod like this was a poor choice?
If you are going to charge these prices, you need to pack it a little better.
May I suggest a larger box, bubble wrap and then surround that bubble wrap with the finest Canadian air (air packs).
[quoted image]
In case you or others cannot see, your PETG part failed catastrophically and is cracked along layer lines with pieces that broke off, rendering this part useless.

Wow, that sucks! Any word from OP on this?

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Wow, that sucks! Any word from OP on this?

Not yet, though I didn't send a pm I just put it in here.

I would probably keep the same size box but put this box in another box.

Anything is superior to a tight box with newspaper crumpled up.

IMG_20230412_072234.jpgIMG_20230412_072234.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

9,699 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-and-morty-jerry-ramp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.