(Topic ID: 108164)

RFM rebuild questions

By Crashnburn

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

This is my first tear down and clean on my RFM so I have some questions.

1. I want to remove the metal posts that the yellow\black sleeves go on without gouging them up. They unscrew but the are in tight. Any tips?

2. In order to remove the bumpers, It looks like I have to cut the bulb socket. Can someone run me through the best way to remove and replace the socket. (found vid's guide)

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from Crashnburn:

This is my first tear down and clean on my RFM so I have some questions.
2. In order to remove the bumpers, It looks like I have to cut the bulb socket. Can someone run me through the best way to remove and replace the socket. (found vid's guide)

I don't know if this is best parse but this is what I did and it was pretty easy:
Cut the existing leads as close to the hole as possible. Remove the existing parts, clean the playfield, install the new sockets, bend the new lead such that it lines up with the old one, solder it, and then cut the excess. I think this is easier than trying to fully remove the old sockets leads as you don't have to mess with the staples.

#3 9 years ago

You can buy sockets for 555 bulbs with wires attached specifically to make the job easier this time and next

#4 9 years ago

Bump on question one. Any tips?

#5 9 years ago

You can try wrapping the posts tightly with several wraps of electrical tape, then clamp the vice grips over the tape.

#6 9 years ago

I think those sockets for bumpers are from pinballlife

#7 9 years ago

Well I tried the tape and it did not work so I decided to use a pin driver and tap it out from the back. I was able to get them out without an issue. Thanks for the tips.

#8 9 years ago

Can someone take a picture of the flipper button circuit board on the inside of the cabinet and post it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-rebuild-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.