Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Pinfidel
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I've had RFM for a week now. I just got my first high score tonight. Woot!!!!! Loving it. High score aside, my score average is abysmal. I need help.

1. I find the machine incredibility hard to nudge. I'm really new to pinball in general but I've played a number of modern Sterns and they are really easy to nudge as well as seemingly forgiving on nudging. My RFM is on carpet with furniture movers but even still I have to really push it to get any effect on the ball and get tilts often. I know pinball 2000 machines are much heavier than normal and the carpet doesn't help but I feel like my tilt sensor is too sensitive. The manual says the tilt sensor is configured for 6.5 degree which matches my playfield pitch. Is there a way I can adjust the sensitivity of the tilt sensor? Any nudging advice for RFM?

2. I have trouble hitting the both ramps and the right loop. I can hit the loop loop, center loop, scoop, and center targets with reasonably consistently but the ramps and the right loop I get rejected 80%+ of the time. Any advice on hitting them? It is probably a skill problem, but are their any adjustments I should be making? (i.e. those big fat yellow bumper sleeves are in my way!)

Thanks!

#2 9 years ago

Bump.

#3 9 years ago

Tilt sensor... look on left side of cabinet near the front (inside) You will see that you can lower the tilt bob. Lower it a quarter inch and see what happens. My ramps are tricky to hit. You may just have to adjust your flipper angle. Also you will want to make sure your flippers are properly adjusted to make sure they don't bind.

Start here. Lots of good info http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/

#4 9 years ago

Thanks.

I adjusted my tilt sensor so that just the very top of the weight is in the ring and I still can't nudge the machine very well with tilting. I think my problem has more to do with the machine / furniture movers settling into the carpet. I'm using ~ 4 inch movers. Does using larger movers help? That is really the only thing I can think of to try.

I'll look into flipper alignment...

#5 9 years ago

Try the felt leg protectors, I bet they might help. My WOZ feels alittle wobbly with those in installed.

#6 9 years ago

Hi Lou. Congrats on owning such an awesome and fun pin.

First, make sure those leg bolts are REALLY tight. I max out my drill torque and tighten my bolts all the way down till the drill forces my wrist to turn. You want them super tight so when you nudge, the whole game will move for you. Otherwise the legs will give on you and you won't get much nudge response.

As Jet recommended, use some kind of cabinet protector for protection. I recommend them for all games to protect the side art or decals as well as the wood of the cabinet. I like the metal ones best myself along with the felt. I screw the metal plates in and then use the felt between the leg and plate for extra protection. Coin Taker has them as well as Marco Specialties and Mayfair amusements. Give them all a look.

Also, instead of the sliders, on the feet, you should use the rubber casters. They'll protect your floors and rugs while not sliding around. Here's a link for the red ones that compliment the trim well. Black is nice for RFM as well. http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/LLPUC-R

Lastly, check your games degree of tilt. NOT the tilt mechanism, but the pitch of the machine from back to front. You may have the game tilted way down and it's playing really fast and your not really getting a good nudge because of the speed of the ball. This may also make the ramp shots more difficult to make. You can raise your front legs up a little by screwing down the leg levelers. That will raise the front of the machine and slow the ball down thus giving you a lot more nudge response and control.

Back to the difficulty of hitting those ramps, yeah, they're tough, but that's what makes the game fun. The challenge! So don't mistake the difficulty with being a pain, but rather a fun challenge to try to hit them with consistency.

Okay my friend, take care and good luck. RFM is an awesome game. Super fun for novices and pros alike. You'll enjoy it for years to come. Have fun!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-nudging-this-beast-is-impossible and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.