Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by bigdaddy07
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images-3.jpeg
    megatron_1236615389.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

$8495 ... will include shaker, be limited run of 500, and include the double barrel shotgun toy not included on the pro

#2 12 years ago

I really hope your wrong as that would keep me from purchasing one. This is the title I've been waiting on for a while now but, for me 6000-6500 is going to be my top price now matter how awesome it going to be. I'd be pissed to no end if they try to pull some 8k+ BS.

#3 12 years ago

NIB prices are outta control...8k..yuck

#4 12 years ago

I think it will be lower than AC/DC but not by much.

#5 12 years ago

Im guessing within 200 of the AC/DC Price's. No Reason for them to lower them with the HUGE success of AC/DC

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Im guessing within 200 of the AC/DC Price's. No Reason for them to lower them with the HUGE success of AC/DC

I think if Jack sticks with a $6,500 early buy in on JJP #2, $7900+ will seem kind of silly unless you are in love with the theme.

#7 12 years ago

JJP Pin Number two may still be a while off... They still have to get one unit of JJP #1 shipped..

7900+ would be retail on a Stern, not a pre order price. Pre Order prices on LE's were around 7k range.

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

JJP Pin Number two may still be a while off... They still have to get one unit of JJP #1 shipped..
    7900+ would be retail on a Stern, not a pre order price. Pre Order prices on LE's were around 7k range.

True, but paying $6,500 over the course of one year is much easier than getting hit with a single charge of $7,000. That was a huge plus for a lot of people and I would recommend sticking with that model.

Can't wait for the first comparison of a JJP and Stern.

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

I think if Jack sticks with a $6,500 early buy in on JJP #2,

Very unlikely IMO for a couple of reasons: 1) Material (commodity) costs continue to sky rocket due to currency and financial market manipulation and #2 is at least 1 year out. 2) When all the costs are factored in for WOZ I would bet JJP's per unit margins will be much lower than what they forecasted when that $6,500 price was set.

#10 12 years ago

As long as people keep buying these LEs at ridiculous prices the prices will stay the same or keep rising.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

As long as people keep buying these LEs at ridiculous prices the prices will stay the same or keep rising.

+1

Prices will continue to creep up as long as their sales targets are hit.

#12 12 years ago

Interestingly, if you were to inflation adjust the 90's WMS/Bally pin price tags back then to today's dollar they would be priced about where JJP and the LE's are.

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from kmoore88:

Interestingly, if you were to inflation adjust the 90's WMS/Bally pin price tags back then to today's dollar they would be priced about where JJP and the LE's are.

Then I would have to say prices were ridiculous back then as well.

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

Prices will continue to creep up as long as their sales targets are hit.

If their sales targets are not met, they won't reduce prices - they will go out of business because they simply can't make them at much lower price points due to labor and material costs... unless they move production to China/India....

#15 12 years ago

Can't argue with you on that.

#16 12 years ago

Of course, back then they had the ability to pay for themselves on location.

#17 12 years ago

More than you can possibly imagine!

megatron_1236615389.jpgmegatron_1236615389.jpg

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from kmoore88:

If their sales targets are not met, they won't reduce prices

Sorry, what I meant was that they will nudge prices up to the point that the market will still bear it, but no further. They don't want to price themselves out of business - I hope.

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

Sorry, what I meant was that they will nudge prices up to the point that the market will still bear it, but no further. They don't want to price themselves out of business - I hope.

Absolutely! That's capitalism. The recent LE's have so much more in them (due to JJP coming out with WOZ) so they are costing more to build over the Pro's.

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

$8495 ... will include shaker, be limited run of 500, and include the double barrel shotgun toy not included on the pro

I know you are having fun. BUT, the next Stern pin LE will be priced less than AC/DC.

AC/DC was advertised as a "Super LE" to the distributors in the press release as a game model not offered very often.
    Here it is for your reading pleasure.....

About the Four AC/DC Pinball Models:
    • Offered in four models:
    o Back in Black LE (“Black LE”); ONLY 300 units
    o Let There Be Rock (“Rock LE”); ONLY 200 units
    o Premium (this is a NEW model)
    o Pro (Coin Op)
    • LE’s and Premium are SUPER LE’s with more features and higher price points than
    recent LE games from SPI
    • With the SUPER LE’s, we are responding to market demands
    • We do not expect to offer SUPER LE’s very frequently, which adds to their value as a
    collectible
    • The Premium is new and is designed for customers and players that want GAME PLAY
    like the LE but the artistic simplicity of the Pro
    • The Premium is a SUPER high-end game, but priced lower than the SUPER LE’s to
    account for the artistic simplicity and lack of collectible features (such as numbering,
    signatures and limited production runs)
    • There are NO PRODUCTION LIMITS on the Pro or the Premium models and the game
    is subject to change

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

True, but paying $6,500 over the course of one year is much easier than getting hit with a single charge of $7,000. That was a huge plus for a lot of people and I would recommend sticking with that model.

Who did that? If I could pay off over the year I would buy a new all the time.

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

AC/DC was advertised as a "Super LE" to the distributors in the press release as a game model not offered very often.
    Here it is for your reading pleasure.....

Wow, I need a whiteboard and flow charts to map out what they are saying....

#23 12 years ago

I would love my NIB LE ceiling to stay at $6500 and under...
    Hopes and dreams, hopes and dreams.

Is it too late to vote Milla into a 'Fifth Element' pin instead?!?
    I've got an extra multipass to sweeten the dEeeaal...

images-3.jpegimages-3.jpeg

#24 12 years ago

Here we go on another "the price is ridiculous" thread. Again, 1995, pins were $2500-3000 new in box. Gas was $1.50 - 1.95 a gallon. Inflation in general has risen 3x. Why should pins be "flat"?

Pinball machines are expensive. Most people should not own them. If you cant afford them, don't buy them. But the price complaints are getting extremely old.

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

The_Dude_Abides said:As long as people keep buying these LEs at ridiculous prices the prices will stay the same or keep rising.
    Here we go on another "the price is ridiculous" thread. Again, 1995, pins were $2500-3000 new in box. Gas was $1.50 - 1.95 a gallon. Inflation in general has risen 3x. Why should pins be "flat"?
    Pinball machines are expensive. Most people should not own them. If you cant afford them, don't buy them. But the price complaints are getting extremely old.

Almost as old as people who complain about people who complain about prices.

#26 12 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Little stuck up are we. Trust me I can afford them so don't assume. I choose not to buy at those prices end of story. I love pinball but there are limits with me. Expressing an opinion on the prices is part of the hobby. Suggest you get used to it. What is old is that type of prissy attitude.

#27 12 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

I know you are having fun. BUT

Oh come on...make up one of those AC/DC tables for RE LE. Rename the editions, like "the crypt" all black version, or some such. Oh and then speculate on the various potential differences.

I think y'all are right. If I am allowed to repredict, I say 7995.

#28 12 years ago

I hope the price is 8k. that means that a theme I enjoy is going to have exceptional qualities, toys, rules, over the top stuff like ACDC BIBLE and WOZ. I'm looking forward to the BIBLE and I'd love to be looking forward to a RE LE with the same anticipation. But only if the quality of the pin justified the large price...

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

I hope the price is 8k

I don't think a high price is going to necessarily equal a great game, just more risk for the purchaser. As far as I'm concerned for 8k+ the thing better more than exceptional toys, like functional lips on the front cabinet.

#30 12 years ago

The default price for these is set now. It was set by everyone who wrote a check for $7695 for the AC/DC LE. Stern will not lower the price. Why would they? It makes no business sense to lower the price if you have willing buyers at a price point. Now they creep the price up again like always. Even the pros are creepin up from BBH at $4295? . Stern knows there are customers who want a RE LE. They will give it to them.

#31 12 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

docscott said:I hope the price is 8k
    I don't think a high price is going to necessarily equal a great game, just more risk for the purchaser. As far as I'm concerned for 8k+ the thing better more than exceptional toys, like functional lips on the front cabinet.

lol. Rubber inflatable parts?

#32 12 years ago

Well as long as they still offer the premium version at my price point, I'd still be in. I don't really need the bling. Otherwise, I'd just hang onto my doe. Maybe invest in some more guns. I can buy a lot pimped out AR15s, desert eagles, strikers, AA-12 ect for 8k. Good fun and serves a functional purpose all in one.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/resident-evil-le-price-prediction and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.