Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by mbelofsky
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

A friend of mine has a Rescue 911. We changed out the friction wheel. It has two issues:

1. The helicopter does not turn around to be positioned over the ball lifter to catch the ball. I tried adjusting the pivot point and moving the helicopter in and out slightly. I tried to change the starting position of the friction wheel. It just will never line up.

2. The opto switch recognizes that the ball has gone to the VUK of the helicopter. The mode starts. But half or more of the time, the ball is not raised. In test mode the switches work and the ball lifter works.

Thanks for any insights.
Michael

#2 8 years ago

Sounds like a new friction wheel is in order. I put a wedge under the left side of the plate to help hold it up to the wheel, made it have a very high success rate.

Check for broken wires on your vuk. Also, verify that the optos are working.

#3 8 years ago

The Nyliners and springs might need to be replaced under the circular plate that the friction wheel rolls on. It needs to be pushing up firmly enough against the friction wheel in order for there to be enough friction for the wheel to turn.

#4 8 years ago

Thanks. I'll check on the springs and such under the plate. Hopefully pbresource has them.

The opto switch is working. The mode starts every time but just does not lift most of the time. This just started happening.

All wires are not broken and have continuity. But I will check again and move them around especially on vuk to ensure that they were not touching when I tested based on position.

Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rescue-911-helicopter-and-lifter-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.