Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by John_I
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

I just bought five new replacement glass pieces of glass. I only need one but got a good price to pick up five, and having extra glass available is never a bad idea. I paid $48 each. Two of the pieces came with Logos on them. I requested no logo, but discovered two logos when I got home. What is the easiest way to remove the logo from the glass>

Thank you.

Robert

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from BerwynBob:

What is the easiest way to remove the logo from the glass

Not possible, unfortunately. The logo is etched into the glass. Any attempts to sand down the surface of the glass will likely result in it exploding into tiny pieces.

Since you specified no logos, contact the seller about the issue. I'm assuming it's a glass shop? If so, most likely, they will replace the glass for you.

If you have to live with it, try orienting the glass so that the logo is on the lower left. It would probably be the least noticeable there since there's usually nothing going on in that area of the game.

#3 2 years ago

I’m pretty sure those are etched into the glass so there is no way to remove it.

#4 2 years ago

If they are small logos put the glass in so the logos are on the top left/right side ...
    Would not be noticeable

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from BerwynBob:

I just bought five new replacement glass pieces of glass. I only need one but got a good price to pick up five, and having extra glass available is never a bad idea. I paid $48 each. Two of the pieces came with Logos on them. I requested no logo, but discovered two logos when I got home. What is the easiest way to remove the logo from the glass>
    Thank you.
    Robert

That sounds like a great price!
    I’d orient it so the logo is in the top left corner usually. With the glass in place you will almost never see it. Most games don’t have important items way up in the top corners where the logo would be.

#6 2 years ago

Posts 10 and 11 give a couple ideas, but not 100% guaranteed....

https://fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208687

#7 2 years ago

It is called a “bug” and is an option when the glass is being made. It isn’t coming off so don’t try it. Usually you can position the glass is such away that it isn’t noticed.

#8 2 years ago

Gently tap the glass on a side edge with a hammer, the logo will come right off.

See video:

#9 2 years ago

Assuming it's the standard etch size just put it towards the top of the playfield.

#10 2 years ago

Thank you for your feedback!

#11 2 years ago

I’m confused. Doesn’t the lock down bar hide the logo?

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

I’m confused. Doesn’t the lock down bar hide the logo?

Sometimes. I have some where some of the bug shows above the bar. I usually place so it's located at one of the upper corners.

#13 2 years ago

The bug (or watermark) can be removed depending on how it is applied. My shop has messed up and given me glass with the bug twice now. Both times the guy at the shop buffed out the white from the bug. Basically the etching is still there if you look at the reflection just right or run your fingernail over the area, but all of the white is gone. To me this is actually great because you know the glass is tempered, but you have to look REALLY close to see the mark.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/remove-logo-from-new-glass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.