By RyanClaytor

9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1690631846946 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1690631942333 (resized).jpg
    #1 9 months ago

FB_IMG_1690631942333 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1690631942333 (resized).jpg

Five years ago, Wayne Neyens, the most prolific pinball designer of all time, turned 100 years old. I was lucky enough to attend the event with my best buddy, Nick bingopodcast Baldridge, and many of Wayne's family and friends.

FB_IMG_1690631846946 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1690631846946 (resized).jpg

After lots of conversations with Wayne about his life and time in the coin-operated industry (a number of which were used in our illustrated publication, Coin-Op Carnival), I was also fortunate enough to call Wayne a friend.

Wayne passed away one year ago, after making it to his 104th birthday. He was smart, funny, determined, kind, and sharp as a tack. A true testament to living a full life. Wayne, my life is better for having been a part of yours. Thanks for all the happy times you've provided for generations with your pingames. My son and I are still playing them today. Happy 105th.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/remembering-wayne-neyens- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.