(Topic ID: 334894)

Red Dwarf Pinball?

By Frippertron

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images (40) (resized).jpg
    649295D7-2767-4539-AC36-DD3AB18847D1 (resized).jpeg
    32F70519-EE19-46A1-9F76-14A968C2AD36 (resized).jpeg
    #1 1 year ago

I’m a huge fan of this series from England. They started in 1987 and are still technically going strong today! Would this make an extraordinary pin, or is it just me?

32F70519-EE19-46A1-9F76-14A968C2AD36 (resized).jpeg32F70519-EE19-46A1-9F76-14A968C2AD36 (resized).jpeg
    #2 1 year ago

Mr. Flibble is very cross!

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

...Would this make an extraordinary pin, or is it just me?[quoted image]

Ther are probably 20 more people that would be into it. Even today, Retro British
    SCI-FI is very niche

#4 1 year ago

I think it's great, but the audience is pretty limited.
    I have friends nearly as nerdy as me who did not care for it at all.

#5 1 year ago

I know 3 people who have heard of "Morons from Outer Space," they should make a pinball out of that one!

#6 1 year ago

This pin is dead, dave.

#7 1 year ago

Wouldn't sell enough, given today's buyers focus on familiar (to them) themes. (See home page thread from 3/27 front-paged on 3/30.)

That said, it would make a GREAT re-theme game and I'd love to see someone do it! The Justice Zone. Ace Rimmer. Miss a Cat shot and get demoted to Duane Dibbly. Shoot Lister Vindaloo Jackpots. Ball Save is a Kryten Spare Head? Video Mode with Holly (maybe multiple levels with different Hollys for each - Norman, Hattie, final level with Queeg). There's a ton of juicy material to work with.

#8 1 year ago

Would be smegging awesome!

#9 1 year ago

There are 2 pinball machines just dying to be made, Get Smart with a drain call out “Missed by That much” and Red Dwarf,.. with Space Corp directive call outs galore, Holly cut scenes with dry commentary, and the loudest “Smeg !!” call out possible on a drain. A Queeg battle multi ball may be ? Doug Naylor would probably approve.

Popularity of Red Dwarf in NZ and Aus is pretty good, at least as comic sci fi,…

Stoke me a kipper,.. I’m in !!

#10 1 year ago

Feed Snappy!

#11 1 year ago

Great idea! Syndicated British shows shown on PBS over here are always the top sellers in the pinball world!

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

Great idea! Syndicated British shows shown on PBS over here are always the top sellers in the pinball world!

Downton Abbey for the win! 2 level playfield with an upstairs and a downstairs!

#13 1 year ago

Is Red Dwarf as popular as Ultraman?

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Downton Abbey for the win! 2 level playfield with an upstairs and a downstairs!

Bob Ross's "The Joy of Painting" would be right up there with Red Dwarf. Ramps leading up to a giant afro. How could you go wrong?

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

Not living in the US,.. no idea what PBS actually is,.. my guess that’s the equivalent of the ABC in Aus,… Red Dwarf has fairly large conventions still,.. not Star Trek size,.. but very popular… gotta be better than trotting out yet another band themed pin

#16 1 year ago

A re-theme would be awesome. I wish I had the time to do it. Levi, what’s your dream theme, besides Jews in Space? I’m a partial member of the tribe so it’s not racist. Aren’t Ferengi space Jews?

#17 1 year ago

I really think Red Dwarf could work in all English speaking countries outside the US. Red Dwarf is crazy popular. A show wouldn’t last 35 years if it wasn’t. Say Stern came out with a Red Dwarf pin for the over seas market. Not a bad idea. It would be very popular across the pond. There are so many things to draw upon. It would be incredible and in my opinion better than Spaceballs or Spinal Tap. I don’t think Americans realize how popular this show is.

#18 1 year ago

Gary Stern could help overseas IP’s. Other than Red Dwarf, Blackadder, Fawlty Towers, League of Gentlemen, Spaced, Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, World’s End, Peep Show, Fry and Laurie, Little Britain, another Dr. Who, Chef, Young Ones, etc. so much to go on!

#19 1 year ago

I need to let you guys know that I lived in the UK from 2001-2004 and 2006-2007.

#20 1 year ago

Someone made a VP Red Dwarf pin some years ago that was pretty fun. I was just rewatching Season 7 the other day. The episode where they go back to the JFK assassination is my favorite.

#21 1 year ago

I know what I’m talking about. We need another “soccer “ game, snooker, darts, rugby, cricket.

Quoted from Zablon:

Someone made a VP Red Dwarf pin some years ago that was pretty fun. I was just rewatching Season 7 the other day. The episode where they go back to the JFK assassination is my favorite.

It’s funny, season 7 is considered the worst but I love them all. If I had the time I would do it

#22 1 year ago

We need to talk to some English guys about a Red Dwarf pin. I really think we are onto something. For those that think it’s stupid, please watch the series or Mr. Flibble will be very cross!

649295D7-2767-4539-AC36-DD3AB18847D1 (resized).jpeg649295D7-2767-4539-AC36-DD3AB18847D1 (resized).jpeg
    #23 1 year ago

You can't get much better than the line from Rimmer on Rimmerworld ep 5 series 6,... while massing his army of wax droids,.. "Gentlemen, we attack tomorrow, under cover of daylight!!".... this is classic Spike Milligan type nonsense logic,... which either floats your boat, or just sounds stupid. The opportunity for call outs for such a pin is almost endless.

Personally the idea of a back glass with Ace Rimmer surfing on the crocodile chasing down the evil German is mighty appealing

#24 1 year ago

Comedy Gold…

#25 1 year ago

Because i posted in this thread my fb is full of reddwarf fanclub recommendations and youtube is playing clips from the show.. haha.. the present is as dystopian as the future of the show..

Btw my fav episode is the parallel universe where they meet their female opposites.

#26 1 year ago

Im

Quoted from eckelpeckel:

Because i posted in this thread my fb is full of reddwarf fanclub recommendations and youtube is playing clips from the show.. haha.. the present is as dystopian as the future of the show..
    Btw my fav episode is the parallel universe where they meet their female opposites.

I’m partial to the reverse piss in Backwards!

#27 1 year ago

Yeah if this pin showed up in the States, I can already hear the collective cacophonous cry of "What the hell?!?"

Or maybe it could work sort of like a mid-80s Gottlieb... use that pic up there for the low-budget photo-translite and we Americans will think it's just some made-up unlicensed outer space title.

images (40) (resized).jpgimages (40) (resized).jpg

#29 1 year ago

Wonder how many Red Dwarf lovers also like Black Adder

#30 1 year ago

It'd be a day 1 release from status buy for me...

...mirrored backglass, how am I looking...I'm looking fine...

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrWol64:

You can't get much better than the line from Rimmer on Rimmerworld ep 5 series 6,... while massing his army of wax droids,.. "Gentlemen, we attack tomorrow, under cover of daylight!!".... this is classic Spike Milligan type nonsense logic,... which either floats your boat, or just sounds stupid. The opportunity for call outs for such a pin is almost endless.
    Personally the idea of a back glass with Ace Rimmer surfing on the crocodile chasing down the evil German is mighty appealing

My favorite episode is Meltdown where Rimmer bores the shit out of Lister with his roll by dice-roll account of his triumphant "Risk" win over his space cadet training officer..."nobody cares Rimmer"..."and then I threw a 1 and a 6..."

#32 1 year ago

"I am a fish" hurry up mode, hit enough fish shots in the allotted time to faint and claim the "I am a fish" smegpot award.

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Wonder how many Red Dwarf lovers also like Black Adder

I have a cunning plan.

#34 1 year ago

I could honestly go for Red Dwarf or Blackadder

#35 1 year ago

I’m gonna ask Levi Nayman what his dream theme would be. Come on my brother, what would your dream theme be. Just because mine is Red Dwarf doesn’t mean yours couldn’t be anything less ridiculous.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/red-dwarf-pinball?hl=oshara and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.