(Topic ID: 172119)

Reconnecting knocker coil wires (diode question)

By westofrome

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by vid1900
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

knocker (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider westofrome.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

The knocker wires on my Black Jack were clipped off the coil. They are 83 (black yellow) and 53 (white yellow).

Am I correctly reading the schematic, that the 53 (white yellow) should go on the lug on the banded side of the diode? That's what I thought but the wire lengths seem to suggest it was the other way around. Who knows how closely they were clipped, I guess.

Thanks!

knocker (resized).PNGknocker (resized).PNG

#4 7 years ago

Thanks guys. Wonder if it was clipped bc the previous owner hated knockers or bc it was causing issues. Coil looks fine and obviously has a diode. Anything else I should verify before reconnecting?

#7 7 years ago

Thanks for the help, guys. Got things reconnected and ran the coil test. Knocker knocked but was sticking up, sometimes for a minute, until it came down. Seemed like a physical issue, so I took out an absolutely filthy coil sleeve and replaced with a brand new one. (Feels good to have the right part on hand. Ordering extras of everything pays off!). Ran test again and it rises and falls just as it should. Success!

Guessing it was disconnected because of sticking up? Could that cause trouble if left alone?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 10.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider westofrome.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reconnecting-knocker-coil-wires-diode-question?tu=westofrome and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.