Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 155 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by flynnibus
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6171.gif
    PXL_20240115_054247078 (resized).jpg
    20240113_115335.jpg
    pinside.3313cbabceda69c65d0682734d20aef0009ae500.jpeg
    IMG_2389 (resized).jpeg
    cliff-compare-overlay (resized).jpg
    cliff-compare (resized).jpg
    Polite Enough (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240111_200347_eBay (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240111_200329_eBay (resized).jpg
    There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 3 months ago

My may order has shipped out and he was kind enough to include other orders I’ve placed in the months since. So he’s still chugging away and working through the backlog!

#102 3 months ago

When you order, do you pay at the time of ordering or at the time of shipment?

#103 3 months ago
    Quoted from 7oxford:When you order, do you pay at the time of ordering or at the time of shipment?

Time of order

#104 3 months ago
    Quoted from 7oxford:

When you order, do you pay at the time of ordering or at the time of shipment?

I thought you pay when you are sent an invoice.

#105 3 months ago
    Quoted from killborn:

Generally you email Cliff and tell him what you want. He then sends you an invoice and you pay it.

#106 3 months ago

Original poster here. I wanted to update that I did receive my entire order for 7 machines from Cliff. Yes, it was a long wait, but this man does great work.

#107 3 months ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

Generally you email Cliff and tell him what you want. He then sends you an invoice and you pay it.

I emailed him (both emails) but received no response. Does he have a list to get on?

#108 3 months ago
    Quoted from Rexdeanrds:

I emailed him (both emails) but received no response. Does he have a list to get on?

Just be patient. It was a couple of weeks before he responded to my email.

#109 3 months ago
    Quoted from stompeN:

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I got all mine within a week or so of ordering. He may have some already ready to go I'm guessing.

He has some items in stock sometimes.

#110 3 months ago
    Quoted from killborn:

Your right, I'm sorry. I'm just used to him responding quickly to my emails.

#111 3 months ago
    Quoted from Rexdeanrds:

Maybe your email landed in his spam. Nothing in your spam? Just give it time, he will get back to you unless the emails are being filtered.

1 week later
    #112 84 days ago
    Quoted from Brewchap:

Your right, I'm sorry. I'm just used to him responding quickly to my emails.

Just give him a follow up reminder. I completely understand where Cliff is coming from as my job i am swamped with emails and when you are working on 30-100 orders at once, it can be tough as a one man crew.

I placed an order in October i believe and he told me he was still working on orders from March. I needed an immediate fix to keep playing my game, so i made my own protector for the mean time. I can't wait to receive my cliffy's, and it may take 8-10 months, but it's worth the wait.

My game has made it 30 years without them, it will be fine for another year.

#113 81 days ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, I can use MY EYES and I have standards. The knockoffs are CLEARLY not "just as good." Look at this comparison I just made of The Addams Family protectors. Sharp, square edges ALL OVER the knockoffs and surface widths are much less all around dropoffs. Check out Cliff's below - ALL the edges are rounded, aka POLISHED WORK. The steel surface widths around PF holes are also almost 2x as much as the knockoffs. ALL HIS are like this. NONE of the knockoffs i've seen pictures of are.
    You're perfectly within your rights to settle for clearly inferior knockoffs, just don't try to tell me they're "just as good" when the pictures plainly show they're not.
    [quoted image]
    Just so the difference between the crappy knockoff and an actual cliffy is crystal clear, I've overlaid their Addams scoop protector over an actual cliffy. The difference is stark, and it's not an isolated difference - the knockoffs are inferior across the board on the ones I looked at, and based on that sampling likely extends to all of his. The square cuts and substantially reduced surface area protection scream cheap knockoff.
    [quoted image]
    Still think they are "just as good"?

They aren't knock offs, they are simply different designs. They have quite a few differences in design on them when you compare. Are they bad? Hardly, they are quite good, probably not as good as Cliffy's obviously but if a person doesn't want to wait these are a decent alternative and well priced.

#114 81 days ago
    Quoted from PanzerKraken:

They aren't knock offs, they are simply different designs. They have quite a few differences in design on them when you compare. Are they bad? Hardly, they are quite good, probably not as good as Cliffy's obviously but if a person doesn't want to wait these are a decent alternative and well priced.

Here's my experience with the knock-off Cliffy's. They are too thin. Unless they sit perfectly in the scoop hole they can break, ask me how I know. Won't buy them again.

They may also want to warp/bend as you tighten the post down that secures them to the playfield.

Will be getting on the list with Cliff, just hope the wait isn't too long.

#115 81 days ago

I ordered back in July. He said he was 4-5 months backed up at that time. I'm sitting at ~6 months and counting now.

#116 81 days ago

Cash my check cliffy! It’s been months.

Love his inlane guides for system 11 which help with ball hop.

#117 81 days ago

I ordered, got an invoice, paid, and am stilling waiting. Since I ordered in December, I guess I might get mine by Christmas. Pinball seems to be a hobby filled with disappointment and waiting. He sounds like a stand up guy so I am hopeful I will get it someday.

#118 81 days ago

In September 2023 when I ordered, he was working on Feb orders, which was about seven months back, and figuring that in the past few months he may be even more backlogged, my guess is 9-10 months? (No new information, just speculation.)

No worries, they'll get here.

#119 80 days ago

I sent an email to him on 1/20/24, still no reply. He’s always been backed up and busy, but after reading all these posts this might be the busiest he’s ever been. He might be halting new orders to play catchup.

#120 80 days ago
    Quoted from evileye:

I sent an email to him on 1/20/24, still no reply. He’s always been backed up and busy, but after reading all these posts this might be the busiest he’s ever been. He might be halting new orders to play catchup.

That may not be a bad idea to do just that.

#121 80 days ago

Check your spam I recently ordered & got mine within a week but it was a carbon fiber protector. But first response from Cliff went to spam.

#122 80 days ago

I emailed Cliff for an order and he said he's currently working on orders from June 2023. He wanted to set my expectations.

#123 80 days ago

Sort of ironic that everyone is waiting for playfield protectors for 6-9 months. Kind of defeats the purpose of the protectors unless you're not playing your games much in that time frame and if you are playing them, then do you really need the protectors? I think my last order took 6 months. I usually forget that I ordered whatever I ordered.

#124 80 days ago

Just got my July 2023 order from Cliff. Got Godzilla, Stranger Things and a TSPP set. The quality is second to none. Fit is perfect. I know it’s a long wait but super happy I got them. Cliff was very apologetic for taking so long. Claims he is also having trouble getting some materials for his kits.

#125 80 days ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

FWIW, I have been ordering from Cliff since 2013. He is a good dude, just very backed up with orders currently. He is trying to work through orders as quickly as possible. I emailed to order a set of Godzilla protectors and he was entirely up front with the wait time. I told him it was fine and to take his time.

Same here, I was told about his backup. Responded that I was really only interested in the shooter lane and I had within a couple weeks. Never had a problem with Cliff on any of my pins.

#126 79 days ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

Check your spam I recently ordered & got mine within a week but it was a carbon fiber protector. But first response from Cliff went to spam.

Good call, just checked but no reply that I can see. I’ll follow up.

#127 78 days ago
    Quoted from canea:

Sort of ironic that everyone is waiting for playfield protectors for 6-9 months. Kind of defeats the purpose of the protectors unless you're not playing your games much in that time frame and if you are playing them, then do you really need the protectors? I think my last order took 6 months. I usually forget that I ordered whatever I ordered.

Mine are for a rocky and bullwinkle. No one in the world reproduces the right Jackpot/rocky ramp and mine is cracked right at the mounting point on the playfield. Cliffys will keep my ramp useable for years to come until hopefully someone remakes them. I did have to make my own cliffy so i could continue to play the game though, so for emergencies, you are on your own.

Granted i see your point on brand new games. By the time you get them, you've put hundreds or thousands of games on it. But we have all seen blown out routed games with scoops like Jurassic Park, South Park, Addams Family, etc that these protectors can prevent.

#128 72 days ago

Just placed a new order, he said he is currently processing orders from June

#129 72 days ago

If anyone lives near Cliff, please go and give him a hand on the weekends.

#130 72 days ago
    Quoted from Garrett:

If anyone lives near Cliff, please go and give him a hand on the weekends.

Just don't touch my order

Placed a new order with Cliff for IJ3, because his product is the best.

#131 69 days ago

I got a confirmation on shipping and his sincerest apologies for the delay.
    I ordered in the end of june and it was a pretty big order (all my machines).
    But I was not in a hurry and his products are of excellent quality.
    At the time of ordering he told me: "I do TRY to make small orders faster but can't always guarantee it won't fall into the regular queue. A friendly poke to remind me is recommended."
    So smaller orders could be made faster, if you are lucky

1 week later
    #132 59 days ago

Got my combined 3 orders from Cliff a couple of days ago. It took a while, but was totally worth the wait. The guy does beautiful work. Like most everyone else, I wish it was faster, but Cliff took great care of me. I have a ton more kits to order - worth the wait.

1 week later
    #133 52 days ago

Love cliffys stuff.

But I hate that he doesn’t cash my check for months.

#134 52 days ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Love cliffys stuff.
    But I hate that he doesn’t cash my check for months.

Is this how Cliff feels?

CliffCliff

#135 52 days ago

Nah. He said he just doesn’t get to the bank often.

Every time I order, it takes months to cash my check. My quicken dislikes. Haha

#136 52 days ago

Well, Cliff is quite busy! Do you want him making Cliffy's or going to the bank?

2 weeks later
    #137 33 days ago

What’s a typical amount of time for Cliff to respond to a new order request? I just sent an email the other day, so not long enough to be alarmed but the last time I emailed an order I didn’t get a response for over 2 months, at which time I had decided the game I was ordering for wasn’t going to be a keeper.

To clarify, how long should I wait to double check he got my email?

#138 33 days ago
    Quoted from AssaultSuit:

What’s a typical amount of time for Cliff to respond to a new order request? I just sent an email the other day, so not long enough to be alarmed but the last time I emailed an order I didn’t get a response for over 2 months, at which time I had decided the game I was ordering for wasn’t going to be a keeper.

Last time I did make an order request it took ~10 weeks on this email:
    [email protected]
    After this the response was very fast in 1 too 2 days.

This was on 30th of march and first response was 14th of june.

#139 33 days ago

I'm waiting too but Cliffy is the man. I hope he raises his prices after this, I really do.

#140 33 days ago

So you kniw. I placed an order i think May or Jube. Email him about it. No Answer!!! If he is too busy he shouldn’t be taking new order. !!!

#141 33 days ago

well said.

Quoted from Santis:

So you kniw. I placed an order i think May or Jube. Email him about it. No Answer!!! If he is too busy he shouldn’t be taking new order. !!!

#142 32 days ago

I heard from Cliffy today. While he didnt say this directly, its my sense that he is head down and focused to get caught up.

#143 32 days ago
    Quoted from AssaultSuit:

I waited close to a month before following up on my original note and he responded back that same day. Your mileage will vary here.

Quoted from Mr68:

I heard from Cliffy today. While he didnt say this directly, its my sense that he is head down and focused to get caught up.

Yup, my thought as well.

#144 32 days ago

Received an email from Cliff letting me know he had finished up my order. He warned me when I placed it that it would be a while and that my order was a mini monster order.

Outside of my initial contact to place the order, I didn’t email him or reach out, just let him do his thing.

I’ll give it some time before I place another monster order.

#145 31 days ago

A friendly reminder about a small order from 4 months ago resulted in the order being shipped this afternoon. My lucky day

1 week later
    #146 18 days ago

Yea I have tried to contact Cliffy myself twice and no response! I feel he should open a shop and start doing out of there instead of his house! It’s just too much work for him I think and takes months to receive anything!

#147 18 days ago

Love Cliffy's stuff, but my beef is he never cashes my check promptly. He's had a check of mine since December 2023 and still uncashed. I emailed twice on it too, trying to hint to cash the damn thing.

Still not cashed. It'll likely be stale soon too.

#148 18 days ago

I placed an order in December and received it on Saturday. Beautiful work, as always

#149 18 days ago

Placed an order via email last week for some standard lane guides. Cliff responded same day with invoice, shipped the next day and I have them this week. Cliff is the man but I’ll consider myself lucky he had some laying around. Don’t get discouraged my last order was a three month turnaround.

#150 16 days ago

Love these products such great quality in every protector!

There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/recent-cliffy-order-deliveries/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.