10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Joshmx19
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

So the topic of cabinet paint seems to be all over the place when it comes to what to use, how to apply and so on. I am in the process of restoring some cabinets and I already have decals off, sanding and filling done and I am ready for paint. I think the overall consensus is that spraying is best but what should I use? Auto paint? That weird already mixed laquer from walmart? Latex? Oil based? Just sharpie the whole damn thing? I've seen some people say coat the thing with polyurethane first to seal the wood then paint from there. Will auto primer and paint adhere to the poly well? I like the HEP paint jobs, he does some glossy and others look more flat and factory but they both look good. What does he use? For that matter, what did the factory use? For my purposes I will be putting new decals on when I have it painted. I'm sure whatever answers are revealed will translate to stencils as well.I'd like to make this the end-all cabinet paint thread!

#2 10 years ago

Does anyone paint cabinets?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/questions-about-cabinet-paint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.