Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 days ago by FatPanda
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 47 days ago

I've been avoiding posting something like this for some time, but I don't feel like I can avoid it any longer.

Those who know me well, know I've been dealing with some health issues over the last few years. The past couple of years those issues have been getting progressively worse.

I'm not going to go into it publicly but will say that my ability to do most things has been greatly diminished. I've been doing the best I can under the circumstances, but have definitely let some folks down and feel the need to make this public apology to anyone I have disappointed in the last few months.

Generally I tend to take on more than I actually have the ability to do. That has more to do with the need to always be busy than anything else. My health issues have slowed me down more than a little and I'm forced to admit I don't have the ability to keep even any longer.

My priority has always been (and will always continue to be) my health and my dog, not necessarily in that order. Over the next few months I will be undergoing some surgeries and procedures that will improve my quality of life and hopefully provide some much needed pain relief. I mention this because my ability to persevere is likely going to get much worse depending on my healing process.

I intend to complete the commitments I've made thus far: shows, repairs, service calls, etc. but the future right now is a bit up in the air beyond my commitments to date.

Should that not become possible, I will set up alternative options. I just ask for some patience if you're relying on me for something right now and for the near future.

Here's to another 40 years (OK, maybe not that long ) of pinball, the greatest hobby/business ever!

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    LockWhenLit at gmail dot com

#2 47 days ago

Haven't been a customer of yours and your medical condition is not my business but I do wish you the very best with your health.
    Absolutely take care of you.
    -Mike

#3 47 days ago

Rob, please take care yourself. You have been and will be a great asset to this hobby!

#4 47 days ago

Sorry to hear that you're going through tough times. Take care of yourself. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    - Kerry

#5 47 days ago

Rob,

You have always been a standup guy, a huge asset to the pinball community, and someone I consider a friend. Wishing you the best going forward! There are a lot of people who will be rooting for you!

Steve G

#6 47 days ago

Sorry to hear and wishing you the very best !

#7 47 days ago

Hope you get the relief that you’ve been looking for, Rob! Feel better!

#8 47 days ago

Hoping the docs can fix you up good so you can keep fixing the games up good!

#9 47 days ago

I don't know you personally, but I can tell you that you have been a well known Pinside celeb since I can remember. I am sure that anyone who is "inconvenienced" by your situation is more concerned with your well being and happiness than any pinball business.
    Get well soon, man!

#10 47 days ago

Health sucks. You are doing the right thing, prioritizing your health above business

One thing to remember, all the surgeries and care will just get you going, nothing will get you back to when you were 30yo.

#11 47 days ago

Rob,
    Don’t worry about your promises. Everyone who knows you understands what is going on and only wishes you the best! Take care of yourself and come back stronger than ever. I’ll let Rick S know about your situation.
    Best wishes,
    Mike B

#12 47 days ago

Rob - sorry to hear about the health issues and hoping for a fast recovery. Thx for all you have done and do for the hobby. Heal up and rest up! Chris

#13 47 days ago

Rob. Please take good care you !

That is more important than all the pinball in the world.

LTG : )

#14 47 days ago

Number one rule is you have to take care of yourself because I f you don’t you won’t be able to take care of anything. Prayers for you and hope the doctors can help your quality of life.

#15 47 days ago

Sorry to hear. Hope things improve and that you feel better soon.

#16 47 days ago

Rob- I know you and love you personally.
    You've handled 20 some odd boards for me over the years.
    Your a stand up guy and always finished the job to much success, making old games solid again.
    Eternally grateful, and supportive of your efforts.
    Please take care of yourself first.
    I had a bad one last year and struggled myself.
    A few know, but my colon exploded and had a colostomy bag for 6 months. The reversal surgery was worst than the first.
    Tomorrow marks 1 year. I'm still healing.
    Slowlying down helps.
    Brother, take care, and thank you.

#17 47 days ago

Don't know you....but I wish you the best and we have extra space/capacity (just north of you in IL) for your fuzzy friend if you need someone to care for them while you rehab or whatever. PM me for my contact info, references, etc. Good luck with everything.

Quoted from Borygard:

I've been avoiding posting something like this for some time, but I don't feel like I can avoid it any longer.
    Those who know me well, know I've been dealing with some health issues over the last few years. The past couple of years those issues have been getting progressively worse.
    I'm not going to go into it publicly but will say that my ability to do most things has been greatly diminished. I've been doing the best I can under the circumstances, but have definitely let some folks down and feel the need to make this public apology to anyone I have disappointed in the last few months.
    Generally I tend to take on more than I actually have the ability to do. That has more to do with the need to always be busy than anything else. My health issues have slowed me down more than a little and I'm forced to admit I don't have the ability to keep even any longer.
    My priority has always been (and will always continue to be) my health and my dog, not necessarily in that order. Over the next few months I will be undergoing some surgeries and procedures that will improve my quality of life and hopefully provide some much needed pain relief. I mention this because my ability to persevere is likely going to get much worse depending on my healing process.
    I intend to complete the commitments I've made thus far: shows, repairs, service calls, etc. but the future right now is a bit up in the air beyond my commitments to date.
    Should that not become possible, I will set up alternative options. I just ask for some patience if you're relying on me for something right now and for the near future.
    Here's to another 40 years (OK, maybe not that long ) of pinball, the greatest hobby/business ever!
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    LockWhenLit at gmail dot com

#18 44 days ago

Sorry to hear about your health Rob. Keep your chin up and take care of yourself. Thank you for all your RFM assistance in the past!

#19 44 days ago

Every time I break something at a show, you're there with the parts to fix it. Here's hoping your medical provider can do the same thing for you. Good luck, Rob.

#20 44 days ago

I wish you the best, and hope you heal well after surgery. I think this is a good reminder, there never really is a “pinball emergency” despite many people acting as such. Hope to see you back at it soon! I hope those waiting for your services will be patient and allow you the time and peace to take care of yourself.

Greg

#21 44 days ago

Rob, We have never met, but you have a solid reputation in the community. It must not have been easy to make a post like that, and to do so in such a classy manner speaks volumes to your character. I wish you all the best as a fellow traveller. Be well.

#22 44 days ago

Heres to better times Borygard
    Get well soon.

Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    https://www.youtube.com/c/ChrisHiblerPinball - My YT Channel
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#23 44 days ago

Rob is a top notch tech and has repaired a few boards for me. Hoping modern medicine will get QoL back to acceptable. Get your health back to order first, everything else will take care of itself. Best wishes.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/public-apology and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.