Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by kwiKimart
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Have the opportunity to possibly buy a TOTAN machine will be going to look at it over the weekend was wondering what a fair price to pay for one is. Here is the information the seller has given to me have only seen a few blurry photos machine looks to be in OK shape. Just looking for a player but might consider a full restore down the road if I do end up buying.

- Recently taken off route
- 100% working no errors
- Playfield with Mylar assuming its going to need polished or removed
- Needs complete shop job
- Has some cracked plastics, assuming also it has some cracked ramps
- Side art above average, faded on one side
- Magnets and all assemblies are present and fully operational
- No water damage or dry rot on the cabinet.
- Boards are acid free, has had the jumpers placed on driver board to prevent over heating

Any ideas on price, I know they have been going up lately and are getting hard to find any others things I should be careful with or pay special attention to ?

#2 12 years ago

A routed machine, depending on condition, Id say about 1200 to 1500. Thats just me. I could be totally off. Really depends on condition.

#3 12 years ago

I would say $3000-3500

#4 12 years ago

Had one here in upstate NY a bit ago in the upper 2'S, in a little rougher shape then you mention with wear in the out hole where the captive balls are and by the genie magnet. I think Tatman9999 is right on the money in the $3000 to $3500 range. Hope this helps,Good luck!

#5 12 years ago

I would say the fair price for a TOTAN as described above would be about $2,700-$3,300. Playfield is the key here if it is good with no wear around spots like the scoop and fireball slot then it would be on the higher end or a bit higher than my estimate. Prices for TOTAN have gone up a bit in the past year.

#6 12 years ago

Over here on the east coast, even though it's rare to see one for sale, routed ones have been running between 2500-3k.

#7 12 years ago

I got a real nice one from a local collector at the beginning of the year for $3,500.00. I think this is at the higher end of ToTAN pricing, but the condition was as follows:

This one was routed for 1-2 years when new, then it ended up in a collectors hands. It had just a little wear around the fireball saucer and the Genie's magnet, which I touched up and mylared, plus I added the Mantis protector to the saucer and scoop hole.

The inserts showed virtually no ghosting, and the jewel/mode inserts above the flippers had no chips or ghosting. Check the inserts, as I'm sure you will. A lot that I've seen had damage around them and some pretty good ghosting.

The cabinet was also very clean with minimal fading. In fact it was hard to tell there was any fading at all. Looks really good.

There were a couple of cracked plastics that were easily replaced.

Had the full goody bag still in it with all the trinkets and stickers, and full records, receipt, and manuals. Real cool!

I was really happy to get the game in this condition for that price, and have been loving the thing ever since. Good luck, great game.

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Playfield is the key here if it is good with no wear around spots like the scoop and fireball slot then it would be on the higher end

Thanks for everyone's input, I will see if he can email me some photos of the areas around the scoop, fireball slot and Genie hole to see what the wear looks like in these areas and maybe post them here for everyone to look at.

#9 12 years ago

You might want to also get a picture of the lock magnet by the tiger as I've seen a few with wear around here as well.

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from LilRocky:

You might want to also get a picture of the lock magnet by the tiger as I've seen a few with wear around here as well.

Ah right, forgot to mention that. My ToTAN did have some wear around this magnet. Not bad, but I touched it up and mylared the area. Check that for sure.

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I would say the fair price for a TOTAN as described above would be about $2,700-$3,300.

I agree !!!! But after watch-n Wolfy beat TOTAN at the gameroom in Greensboro , I Don't have the Hot's 4-it anymore.. I got burned out on TOM in a week !!!

#12 12 years ago

just want to let you know, a friend of mine bought a TOTAN (decent shape, very clean) that was onroute at a 7-11 store for 2k. I played it at the 7-11 store, and it look in good shape to me.

#13 12 years ago

I say 2000 to 3000 tops.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 37.50
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-totan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.