Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by rdonohue13
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Got an opportunity to grab one or both of these pins, but don't want to pay too much. Both are routed, shopped machines. Thanks for your input.

#2 11 years ago

Can't say without knowing cosmetics. Fade is common on both.

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Can't say without knowing cosmetics. Fade is common on both.

Agree. But, if IJ is decent i would say 4,000 to 4,500 because its routed. Indy 500 about 1,500.

#4 11 years ago

IJ looks to be lightly faded, but I500 is not. Pictures don't show enough for me, but clearly from what I can see, the I500 has much less play. Thanks for your input.

#5 11 years ago

the more fade the less it's worth. Mass fade, your looking at $2800-3k. Personally, i'd play one first before you jump into this one. IJ is either love or hate.

#6 11 years ago

Also, be wary of an IJ with no NOS decals. If it doesn't bother you then that's fine but just be cautious.

#7 11 years ago

CaptNeo, thanks for the advice. I had one years ago, regret selling it, but the price has to be right. Eggbert and all-What's the tell tale sign decals have been applied? Can't say I've ever noticed a difference, even though probably staring me in the face.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Indy 500 about 1,500.

holy smokes thats one I really want...I am considering offering a freshly shopped GE and a freshly shopped SG both for a nice I500....might have to reconcider my offer

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Also, be wary of an IJ with no NOS decals. If it doesn't bother you then that's fine but just be cautious.

I am also curious of ths. What does it matter of one of the next generation (higher quality/good colored) decal sets is put onto an IJ(W)? The applied decals, when done, I thought looks quite nice, and certainly better than a faded IJ(W).

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Millz:

CaptNeo, thanks for the advice. I had one years ago, regret selling it, but the price has to be right. Eggbert and all-What's the tell tale sign decals have been applied?

Quoted from Santeh:

I am also curious of this. What does it matter of one of the next generation (higher quality/good colored) decal sets is put onto an IJ(W)?

It's like counterfeit money...you might not be able to tell and for that matter you may not care. I just care when spending a lot of money on a game like IJ and considering what the NOS decals cost...I'm not buying a game unless I know they are NOS.

That's all. If you don't care about that, buy the game and enjoy playing. I just think there are many out there right now looking to make a quick buck and what looks too good just might be.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Indy 500 about 1,500

Really? I'd love to get my hands on one for this kinda money!

#12 11 years ago

Nice I500s go for way more than $1,500 these days. It's a low production pin, and they don't come up for sale very often.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Wtf does this even mean? Who cares where the decals came from as long as they are done right and look nice? This seems very silly. And no it is not like counterfeit money. That is illegal and does not function like real currency. A perfect looking decal made third party, however can fiction perfectly well.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

It's like counterfeit money...you might not be able to tell and for that matter you may not care. I just care when spending a lot of money on a game like IJ and considering what the NOS decals cost...I'm not buying a game unless I know they are NOS.
That's all. If you don't care about that, buy the game and enjoy playing. I just think there are many out there right now looking to make a quick buck and what looks too good just might be.

I am not sure I follow this. First, where in the world might someone find NOS IJ(W) decals? It is hard enough to find any kind of IJ(W) decals, let alone NOS ones.

Second, how is it like something being counterfeit? It is just a decal on a pinball machine. This would mean, then, that every MB or AFM or WH2O (good luck finding decals here to, including NOS) that have been redecaled are all counterfeit, yes? Would that mean that these redecaled MB or AFM are worth less than an NOS decaled MB or AFM? From what I have seen in sales this issues never comes up, the MB or AFM still sells well, and the fact that it now looks great again seems to be a selling point, not a detraction.

I have no issue with your feelings on the issue, I just find it interesting. Again, I was just curious which is why I asked.

#15 11 years ago

Thanks for the input guys, but pricing is more what I'm after. Decals matter, I get it.

#16 11 years ago

OK, to end the decal discussion and get back to pricing, I guess what I meant was that some don't go through professional sources to make decals. Some just print them themselves and don't do a very good job of it. There are NOS IJ decals out there so I'm just saying it that I do put higher value on a game that has brand new NOS decals as opposed to those that are repros.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Agree. But, if IJ is decent i would say 4,000 to 4,500 because its routed. Indy 500 about 1,500.

Send any decent $1500 I500's over to me.

#18 11 years ago

NOS decals for IJ? IJ was screened iirc.

#20 11 years ago

So this, for you, would be considered NOS since it was made by the company that made them for Williams (i.e. "new production run produced by the company who make them for WMS")?

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-IJ-99

Again, just curious.

#21 11 years ago

ij are now 4000 - 5500 in the northeast - used to be able to get a faded one for 2500 - not anymore

i500 are just hard to find -i am selling one and the action has been slow at 2400 - so i would say 2000 - 2500

thanks ed

#22 11 years ago

Bought my i500 for $1500 in 2011 and sold it (too cheap) this past Spring for $2200. It was really nice. edcianci, I'd make you an offer if you were closer. I really miss this title.

By the way, my i500 sat on eBay with no other bidders at $1500. It needed to be shopped and it had display issues, but it had an unfaded cab and the playfield was perfect.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from Santeh:

So this, for you, would be considered NOS since it was made by the company that made them for Williams (i.e. "new production run produced by the company who make them for WMS")?
http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-IJ-99
Again, just curious.

Yea, for me personally those are just fine. I've got no problem with reproduction of NOS if the company is reputable.

#24 11 years ago

You do understand that the OS part of NOS means Old Stock.

Those aren't old stock but new reproductions, you can't reproduce NOS things because they
wouldn't be old stock then.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

Those aren't old stock but new reproductions, you can't reproduce NOS things because they

Correction: Your correction is incorrect.

EDIT: I am incorrect. I now understand what you mean by "Those aren't old stock...". I had though "those" referred to NOS parts.

Apologies.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

I personally just think you're trying to shit on people with this post. Actually, I just think you're trying to shit on me. YES, I understand what NOS is.

#27 11 years ago

I500 goes from 2K to 3K, especially depending on the cabinet fading.

Hopefully, someday new cab decals will be available, there is hope as the plastics were recently redone after 20 years.

#28 11 years ago

Anyone besides BAA selling them? $159 a fair price?

#29 11 years ago

I have a IJ decal set from a 2007 IPB run...were these considered quality?
I have been offered $5000 for my faded IJ. Not selling her. Wife loves Harrison Ford too much. :0

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Yea, for me personally those are just fine. I've got no problem with reproduction of NOS if the company is reputable.

Thanks!

#31 11 years ago

Depending on the fade and wear 1500 is a great price for I500. I wish I could get into an I500 for that. It has been #1 on my wishlist for a while. Let me know if you don't take the deal I am coming up to Minnesota in a month or so and would love to pick it up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.96
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Hardware
Pinball Haus

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 17.50
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Wanted
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Marcos, CA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-indiana-jones-wms-93-and-indy-500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.