Possibility of Stern doing TSPP again

By bigduke13

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I know stern did TSPP for a lot of years but with the recent runup in prices I was wondering if they could do another run. They could add a couple of cosmetic changes and call it an le to cash in on demand. Thoughts?

#2 11 years ago

I'd be all over it, but I don't think there's much chance of it happening.

#3 11 years ago

No, their license was only for a specific period of time. If they wanted to do another run, they'd have to negociate a new license. I bet that new license terms would be dramatically higher and be too costly.

#4 11 years ago

Might as well run SM, Tron, or IM if they're re-running anything.

#5 11 years ago

Seems to me they are doing fine with running AC/DC, X-Men, etc. Whether or not you like them, you must admit several of their titles are selling well. Why should they risk going back in time?

#6 11 years ago

Neat idea but not likely. Move ahead

#7 11 years ago

Well that thread title mislead me. I'd buy NIB for sure though of it ever happened.

#8 11 years ago

License Ended quite a few years ago.. I wish though.. I love that pinball. Ive been playing the one we have right now alot

#9 11 years ago

With all the mechs in that game, they'd have to charge 6500 for it since it has more than most LE's today. License would not be an issue as the renewed a few times in order to keep running it previously.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10 11 years ago

Making the toys would be a major problem I bet.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

With all the mechs in that game, they'd have to charge 6500 for it since it has more than most LE's today.

If they built it comparable to, or better than, the original - I would buy it NIB at that price. Although at this point it seems very unlikely it will happen.

#12 11 years ago

TSPP is a great game but there are still a ton of them out there and they aren't that hard to find. If Stern remakes any game it should be Tron Pro (even without the unavailable toys) followed by BDK now that the new movie is coming out. There's still a ton of demand for Tron plus it uses the new boardset vs. TSPP which is a Whitestar game approaching 10 years of age.

#13 11 years ago

Highly unlikely. Glad I got mine.

#14 11 years ago

How about an Iron Man LE?
EDIT: They never did make an LE, I think it would be a strong seller.

#15 11 years ago

There is a better chance of more Family Guys than TSPP. Stern has lots of Family Guy toys left on the shelves.

#16 11 years ago

Since they are soon changing board sets, and moving to a LCD monitor, maybe they can renew the license, but instead of doing TSPP, they can do a new pin. Cartoon snippets would look nice on a LCD monitor, and it is still a popular show.

South Park is also a theme that could be redone into a different pin.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

South Park is also a theme that could be redone into a different pin.

I would love to see an updated South Park. I think that would sell really well for both locations and for the home.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

TSPP which is a Whitestar game approaching 10 years of age.

Oh God I'm so old.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/possibility-of-stern-doing-tspp-again and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.