Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by kevmad
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

If you’re selling, please do a few things.
    - turn the game off
    - have good lighting
    - don’t hide issues by taking strategic pics
    - take at least 15 pics
    - pull the game out
    - take the glass off
    I’m sure this has been said before, but needs to be said again.

#2 3 years ago

Take the glass off
    Take the glass off
    Take the glass off
    Take the glass off
    Take the glass off
    Take the glass off
    Take the glass off

Don_C

#3 3 years ago

Dont post pictures sideways!

#4 3 years ago

I like creative photography that hides common wear areas, that way I know the person is dishonest and I can move onto the next seller.

#5 3 years ago

and please use a hot chick to pose next to it, so I get an idea of the depth. Holly molly.. Ill take 3!

#6 3 years ago

2,1,3 ^^

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

I blame Pinside for this. I think Pinside is igoring EXIF information stored with the photo. They know about the problem and haven’t fixed it. Sad.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

They know about the problem and haven’t fixed it. Sad.

I thought they did recently?

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I thought they did recently

Nope... attached a pic yesterday , had to fix the position before sending

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

It's quite obvious that many of these machines just fell over on to their sides, probably from a tornado ravaged home, therefore I have no interest at all in buying one of these, sellers BEWARE, don't post FUC--d up pictures.

#11 3 years ago

I'm a 3,2,1 man myself

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I'm a 3,2,1 man myself

No wrong answer, but 1, 3, 2 here.

#13 3 years ago

One game I looked at a few weeks ago seller took great pics of cabinet but not of PF and felt they were standing on the other side of the room. Seriously?

When I got pics of PF it was like POV from the bellybutton.

#14 3 years ago

Please turn game off. Blinding LEDS make it impossible to see the playfield condition.

#15 3 years ago

The majority of poor pics are done on purpose - took me about a year into this hobby to realize this.

This is why a great number of ads have cropped backbox and front of cabinet pics. Or poor lighting.

Ever wonder why so few ads have a picture of the front of the cab present? It’s not because they forgot to include it.

To me it’s comedy now and I especially like the ones where one pic will have perfect lighting and the next the lights are dimmed. Or even mixed image aspect ratios where seller has manually cropped to hide flaws. Or selective glare...

A cropped backbox pic just makes me smile at this point. Trust me, sellers know that if they step back another foot, the trashed edges of their pin will be perfectly visible.

Photography lessons not needed - the majority could write a book on the subject.

#16 3 years ago

This post should e required reading before someone is allowed to post an ad. They should be required to click “I agree” before posting an ad!

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

I blame Pinside for this. I think Pinside is igoring EXIF information stored with the photo. They know about the problem and haven’t fixed it. Sad.

Sorry, still looking into this issue! We obviously do take EXIF information into account but this seems to be caused by a recent iOS update that messes this information up. Not an easy fix, already spent a full day on it

#18 3 years ago

It should be a sticky . !!!

#19 3 years ago

I always do a minimum of 25-30 clear pictures. (outside in sunlight if weather permits, always glass off ).

I always felt it saves tons of time for both buyer and seller. You're not wasting my time, I'm not wasting yours. Rarely do I have to go back because I missed something.

It also helps that if I do miss something that the other person can catch it.

Most of the time, a bunch of pictures can be taken in under 10 minutes.

I agree that some people do it on purpose.

#20 3 years ago

Also, please post in focus hi res pictures. If it is not in focus, retake the picture please. Don't post tiny thumbnail pictures.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-take-better-pics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.