plastic2.JPG
plastic1.JPG
P3200279.JPG
PB270746.JPG
image-3.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Yeah, I know.... Good luck
Still... might be worth a shot.

I picked up a Special Force last year really cheap and just love it. Not a theme I figured I'd be into... but Mr. Nordman's first game out of the gate has got some real depth and great gameplay for a Bally 6803.

I've even decided to do a full restore on this pin. My friends think I'm nuts, but I know that I'll get a kick out of polishing up a game that most people wouldn't even look at twice.

In any case, I'd love to get my hands on the alternate SPECIAL FORCE GIRLS backglass that was produced primarily for the German/European market. I figure there's a decent overseas community here and maybe I'll get lucky.
I know shipping a BG that far could get problematic... but I'll cross that bridge if/when I locate one.
If anyone has one in N. America, even better!

Any and all leads are appreciated.

#2 10 years ago

I posted this late last night... so here's a daytime bump.

Looking for these hotties!

image-3.jpgimage-3.jpg
#3 10 years ago

Good luck! I hope you find it. Being a SF owner myself, I'll be interested in seeing some before and after pictures. I'm getting ready to do my first cleaning, waxing and rubber replacement. I'd be curious to see what someone with more experience than me can do to make the pin shine.

#4 10 years ago

Well. I happen to have a spare playfield that's pretty decent.
I'm going to do a little light touch up and clearcoat it.

The cabinet is in good shape, so just a little freshen up on that.

The rest will just be a really good shop job and clean, polish and tumble everything.
I have a couple of broken plastics, but my friend scored a fully populated playfield that we should be able to harvest a few parts from.

It won't be HEP quality... but it should look pretty nice once complete.

#5 10 years ago

I have some broken plastics myself. Let me know if you have any spares that you would like to sell or know where I can get some of the plastics.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I have some broken plastics myself. Let me know if you have any spares that you would like to sell or know where I can get some of the plastics.

Post a pic or shoot me a PM.
But, if it's either one of the plastics at the entrances to the ramps, you're probably SOL
Those are always toast and the same ones I need... and I'm not sure about my buddy with the other SF

#7 10 years ago

It took me a few years to fine my glass. I ended up buying an entire second game that had the girls glass already in it and swapped it out into my keeper game...along with a few other parts that I had been looking for. I had a NOS playfield not too long ago but sold it as I didn't need it.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

PB270746.JPGPB270746.JPG P3200279.JPGP3200279.JPG
#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Post a pic or shoot me a PM.
But, if it's either one of the plastics at the entrances to the ramps, you're probably SOL
Those are always toast and the same ones I need... and I'm not sure about my buddy with the other SF

Ha! I'm guessing I'm SOL. Just in case, here are some pics. If you have any that you want to part with, send me a PM.

First is the plastic near the shooter ramp. This one bugs me and I would love to find a replacement.
plastic1.JPGplastic1.JPG

Next is the one near the helicopter ramp, and the one on the upper right of the playfield.
plastic3.JPGplastic3.JPG
plastic2.JPGplastic2.JPG

Finally, there is the one near the right tank drop target. It is cracked, but you can hardly see the fault so not a big deal.
plastic4.JPGplastic4.JPG

#9 10 years ago

Yup... Seems you have all the commonly broken ones.
Sorry man. The spare playfield my buddy picked up has them, but we need them too.

I can always take a scan and send it to you in case you want to make your own.

Quoted from Dayhuff:

It took me a few years to fine my glass. I ended up buying an entire second game that had the girls glass already in it and swapped it out into my keeper game...along with a few other parts that I had been looking for. I had a NOS playfield not too long ago but sold it as I didn't need it.

Wow! Nice score John. Wish I'd known about that playfield.

TBH, I prefer the original glass... but I'd really love to frame up the alternate and have it hung near the game.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Yup... Seems you have all the commonly broken ones.
Sorry man. The spare playfield my buddy picked up has them, but we need them too.
I can always take a scan and send it to you in case you want to make your own.

Hey, that would be great if you wouldn't mind making a scan. I had to replace the plastic ball guide that allows the balls to be captured by cutting my own out of Lexan. Was thinking about trying the same with some of the playfield plastics. I appreciate the offer!

#11 10 years ago

Figured I'd bump this thread once again.... and also show off my spare playfield in the process

It's mostly touched up now and I'll be dropping a coat of clear on it before I do any more.
Just need to repair one insert with a waterslide decal and that'll be that.

IMG_6289.JPGIMG_6289.JPG
#12 10 years ago

That looks great! Nice find!

#13 10 years ago

A little friday....

BabyBump.jpgBabyBump.jpg

Still looking

#14 10 years ago

PM Sent.

2 weeks later
#15 10 years ago

Well, I'd like to say a huge thank you to Junior for a well-timed tip on an Australian eBay auction that I would have totally missed.

Tony from Pinball Shed in Brisbane had listed one of these beauties NOS for $150 AUS.
Sadly, the shipping/handling to get this BG home safely was more than that.

After soem false starts with soem shippers, it is now currently en route to Canada and, with any luck, the girls will be home soon!

Thanks again!!!

#16 10 years ago

That's great! Congrats!

#17 10 years ago

And...... 5 short days later, the girls have arrived!!!

Super excited to finally find this super rare (and super cheesy) glass.
I know the game gets little love, but I'm a Nordman fan and I think it's just so much fun to play.
So happy to have this small piece of pinball history... and NOS no less!!!

Thanks again to Junior for the tip and Tony at the Pinball Shed for making this happen.

Adriano

SF-Girls BG.JPGSF-Girls BG.JPG

#18 10 years ago

Niiiccceeeee!!!! Congrats!!!

#19 10 years ago

Looks great!

#20 10 years ago

Is that a translite ? The picture makes it look a little funny and whats with the white windows for the score displays ?

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Is that a translite ? The picture makes it look a little funny and whats with the white windows for the score displays ?
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

Nope. All original NOS glass John.
It's sitting on top of white packing foam. You can see the other piece of foam above it. The windows are clear.

You may also be seeing some highlights off the packing tape around the perimeter that was holding the foam together. Not sure what else looks weird? It's pristine!

Tony told me that he had bought it in a 3 glass lot from Germany several years back and it's been sitting in his shop since then.

#22 10 years ago

Double post

#23 10 years ago

Good to see the "Girls" have a new home.

5 days to get it from one side of the world to the other...wow, I can't get parcels that quick in Australia from the other side of the country.

All the best with the rest of the restore.

#24 10 years ago

That game looks so awesome with that alternate back glass, really nice score!

#25 10 years ago

Ok, thats cool then. I was just wondering. Glad you found one and can now offically join the SFG club....LOL.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

P2100092.JPGP2100092.JPG
#26 10 years ago

I enjoyed the dozen or so games I played on one of these.
Girls BG a must looks so much better IMO.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

I enjoyed the dozen or so games I played on one of these.
Girls BG a must looks so much better IMO.

I actually prefer the original... but the story and history behind the alternate glass is just so funny that I had to find one.
Amazing that a European distributor had the pull to do this. I wonder who did the rework on the art? Doubt it was Ramuni.

It's actually a super game and, if not for the heavy theme, the rules and gameplay are VERY well thought out.
If Bally's system and sound package wasn't so much weaker than Williams at this time, this game would likely have given HS a run for it's money IMO.

I love how locked balls are "hostages" and they actually remain stuck in the game until a player releases them. Could be several games later; like little pinball POWs

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I love how locked balls are "hostages" and they actually remain stuck in the game until a player releases them. Could be several games later; like little pinball POWs

It's funny. I never thought of it that way. I actually turn that feature off and have the captured balls ejected at the end of every game. Makes it a bit more challenging to get multiball. I need to check the manual again to see what the recommended settings were. I'll say this, though -- getting multiball takes some practice on that game. It is very rewarding when you do, and even more rewarding when you happen to score the jackpot. That happens to me only rarely.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-help-me-find-a-special-force-girls-backglass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.