1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 49 days ago by Draegermeister
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

I'm putzing around with a Pinsound Studio and trying to balance out individual voice callouts, sfx and music volumes. I already used audacity to maximize the native voice call outs when converting them to .wav. When I load the mix into Pinsound Studio only a few of the file folders show up and Pinsound just plays them in a row really fast. Any tips or tricks?

#2 1 year ago

Figured out a little bit about volume. Pinsound will create a text file called "gain" that contains a number to adjust all the sound files in that specific folder. So if you want a specific sound to be louder, and it is the only file in that folder, the "gain" text file will just have "20" or some other volume that you can set in Pinsound Studios or manually create in the folder. If you have several files in a folder, the gain will be applied universally. Also, you can set it in folders, such as "voice" "sfx" "jingle" or "music" and all the files in those underlying folders will be set with said gain setting.

Audacity does have the ability to "normalize" several files so their volumes are relatively close, so hopefully multiple files in a single folder will have about the same level of loudness.

Still can't get Pinsound Studio to show all the file folders though...

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from bobwiley:

Still can't get Pinsound Studio to show all the file folders though...

This feature will be in the next release, working on it

6 months later
    #4 10 months ago

Wasn't sure where to post - so this was the closest. When my Pinsound boots the startup boot.wav is way louder than the ingame sounds. I want to reduce the volume of that but its unaffected by the in game sound volume setting. Any tips? The Pinsound website doesn't have much helpful info in terms of controlling it.

#5 10 months ago
    Quoted from Junglist:

Wasn't sure where to post - so this was the closest. When my Pinsound boots the startup boot.wav is way louder than the ingame sounds. I want to reduce the volume of that but its unaffected by the in game sound volume setting. Any tips? The Pinsound website doesn't have much helpful info in terms of controlling it.

You could just edit the boot.wav file itself to be a lower volume. Audacity is a free audio file editing tool which can do that easily.

8 months later
    #6 49 days ago

Thanks for posting. I just put a PinSound in my Guns N' Roses and the music is much louder than everything else. I'll have to mess with this!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.90
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 19.00
    Boards
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 55.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 62.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 20.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 12.95
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 6.00
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    £ 32.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside