Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Jamaster10
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Detroit_Flipper_City_Final.jpg
    gweem_s_mii.JPG
    mii.jpg
    mgc_shirts.jpg
    There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 12 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

I was shocked that lasted as long. People were probably shying away from it because of the cabinet, I was shying away from it because of the lack of GI and the fact that that dude who had it was kind of a dick.

I would be careful going around here and calling people dicks that you do not know. This is a small community of people.
    --Scott

#52 12 years ago

Well, he didn't do himself any favors. Does that make him a total dick? No. Was he a dick? Yes.

#53 12 years ago

P.S. Welcome to our small community. I'm glad I got to be the subject of your first post.

The story goes: two dudes walk up to play Big Game (probably the 19th and 20th people to do so during my one game of Nine Ball) and I say, "I think the ball is stuck in the trough." to nasty looks. The one dude walks away while the other one stays and answers his cellphone, "Hello this is ______." I was like, "Oh, it's his game. My bad." I had never met the dude before. When he comes back to fix it, I apologized saying that I didn't realize it was his game. He responded with a dirtiest look.

Pretty unfriendly, eh?

#54 12 years ago

I think that was Gavin's games? Did he have 2 hair colors going on?

#55 12 years ago

I think? I just matched the name on the phone to the name on the game. I thought it was pretty rude as I was just trying to stop another group of folks pressing the start button a bunch of times, glaring around the playfield, shaking it back and forth and a bunch and walking away. I took it as the friendly thing to do. I didn't know I was talking to the owner until he answered his cell phone. I hope I'm still allowed in heaven for this sin.

Perhaps "my panties were in a bunch"?

#56 12 years ago

What a jerk. Games break, man.

I dunno MGC policies and how much you are required to keep your games in running order.

Personally, I switch off any game I play, or intent to play, that shows to have a severe problem. And find a way to leave a note on it. As show organisers, maybe it wouldn't be so bad to formally instruct people to do so. And to have notes available for such purpose.

#57 12 years ago

who ever left me a note when my hayburners 2 broke
    a thank you to you
    Best policey

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsider-meet-up-at-mgc/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.