IMG_0438 (resized).jpg
IMG_0435 (resized).jpg
IMG_0433 (resized).jpg
IMG_0431 (resized).jpg
IMG_0430 (resized).jpg
IMG_0429 (resized).jpg
IMG_0420 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Hello, kinda new here. I'm hoping someone can help me out with this. My score displays always have the 1st digit illuminated. This pic is a brand new Pinscore display. The other older ones on the machine do the same thing. What is driving this? And how can I fix it? Thanks!

IMG_0420 (resized).jpgIMG_0420 (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago
Quoted from MultiBallMike:

Hello, kinda new here. I'm hoping someone can help me out with this. My score displays always have the 1st digit illuminated. This pic is a brand new Pinscore display. The other older ones on the machine do the same thing. What is driving this? And how can I fix it? Thanks!
[quoted image]

Any more detail?
What does it do when score increases? Does it stay “0” or duplicate one of the other digits ?

Is it just display player 1 or all of the displays?

#3 5 years ago

Of the 4 score displays, 2 of them didn't work at all and the other 2 worked on and off. I bought one Pinscore display to see if it would work prior to spending the money on a whole set. I changed out one of the non-working displays for this one. The first digit appears as seen in this photo but when the game is being played, the digit lights up the whole "8." The other working display does the same thing. I've attached a few more pics.

IMG_0429 (resized).jpgIMG_0429 (resized).jpgIMG_0430 (resized).jpgIMG_0430 (resized).jpgIMG_0431 (resized).jpgIMG_0431 (resized).jpgIMG_0433 (resized).jpgIMG_0433 (resized).jpg
#4 5 years ago

Disconnect all of the other displays including the credit/match and see if it still malfunctions.

Most likely one of the other displays is causing the problem.

#5 5 years ago

dothedoo....that did it. It works perfect now. I will get the others and replace them all. Thanks for your help!

IMG_0435 (resized).jpgIMG_0435 (resized).jpgIMG_0438 (resized).jpgIMG_0438 (resized).jpg
#6 5 years ago
Quoted from MultiBallMike:

dothedoo....that did it. It works perfect now. I will get the others and replace them all. Thanks for your help!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe not... doesn't imply that it's the other displays... could be other circuitry or wiring harness stuff.

Before you buy any more displays, try your good display in all the other positions, one at a time only.

#7 5 years ago

Good point. Will do that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 90.00
$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinscore-display and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.