(Topic ID: 62770)

Pinball School

By jazzmaster

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Did Zidware/JPOP ever get the pinball school project off the ground? The website has a summer and fall session scheduled. The summer dates have already past but I haven't seen anything about it here on the threads lately. There was some chatter earlier in the year and after that I totally forgot about it. Did it happen? Did any Pinsiders attend?

#2 10 years ago

For learning how to work on them or play them?

Because one might be helpful while the other is pretty laughable.

#3 10 years ago

Laughable is asking a question that a quick Google would have answered.

(Designing them. http://pinballinventor.org/pinballschool_main.html)

#4 10 years ago

If everyone did a google search before posting on Pinside, this forum would much less active.

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

If everyone did a google search before posting on Pinside, this forum would much less active.

Probably true, but I'd rather that somebody do a small bit of research to catch up on (what I consider to be) the baseline of knowledge useful for joining a discussion, then contribute an opinion, question, or more information.

EDIT: I'm probably sounding 10% more grumpy in my replies than I actually am, but note that the poster in question basically came in and said:
    "What's this all about? If it's about X, it's fucking stupid."
    So he decided to flush the topic down the toilet on the chance the school resembled what he imagined it might be. In this case, I just don't find anything redeeming about this approach to online discussion.

#6 10 years ago

I'd say the answer to that is no, it hasn't gotten off the ground. I've asked for updates and have gotten no answer.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

or providing a bad link

#9 10 years ago

their link works, take off the ")" in the url.

#10 10 years ago

I was curious about this as well. Would like to do something like this. Not very many people around my area that repair equip. The ones that do will not part with any knowledge about it.

#11 10 years ago

It's more design focused than repair. I emailed about the second session, but didn't get anything back, so it must still be in the developmental stages. JPop's on here though, I'm sure he'll make announcements as they become available.

#12 10 years ago

The school will be scheduled when it is time to assemble the RAZAs .

#13 10 years ago

Yea emailed too always ignored don't care anymore I build em myself

#14 10 years ago

Nevada Gaming Schools. Certified by Bally. Slot machine repair courses as well as pinball , arcade, video game and Jukebox repair classes were available. Then there was Cal's Coin College.

#15 10 years ago

But they don't teach you building design this is for design not repair.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from jjsrt8:

But they don't teach you building design this is for design not repair.

How about a University with a college of Art & Design?

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

How about a University with a college of Art & Design?

No already went to school for that. Didn't learn much I didn't already know. I want to know the actual design process and mocking up a build and what it takes to build a full machine.

#18 10 years ago

Apply for a job at, send a resume' to or enlist a recruiter to vet you a job at an amusement or gaming equipment manufacturer.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

Take a joke guy

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-sshool and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.