Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dannunz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I've been to Expo in Chicago, and The Southern Fried show. What other shows are there? How do they rank? I'm mostly into dmd pins!
    Thanks,
    Tony

#2 9 years ago

Texas Pinfest is a pretty big one. Also York, PA one.

#3 9 years ago

Allentown is bigger than York. Allentown is May, York is October also. Pinfest started last year in Phoenix & was pretty good. 1/2 pin 1/2 video though.

#4 9 years ago

There is an events tab showing where the upcoming shows are.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/events

Houston Arcade Expo is Nov 7th and 8th. We had 90 pins there last year, most were at least solid state machines.

#5 9 years ago

How about California Extreme?

#6 9 years ago

Expo is the one that started it all. I try to go every year. Have to miss this years due to work requirements. The Midwest Gaming Classic has a lot of pins. Pinball at the Zoo in Kalamazoo is a nice smaller show. The best pinball player "show" is the VFW Showcase. Play an assortment of 225+ machines. Next one is scheduled for May 15-17, 2015. This show restricts ticket sales so there is no overcrowding like at most other shows. www.vfwpinball.com

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from PINBELL:

How about California Extreme?

Great show, but also a pretty even mix of arcade vs pins.

Its a really fun event though, gets pretty crowded so make a weekend of it, some times of day busier than others. Lots of DMD pins, some SS and Ems as well. Really cool selection of classic video games from all eras. They have new stuff too. Tons of those kinetic games like Dance Dance revolution, drums games, guitar games, crazy button smashing games totally in japanese, I go watch the people that come for that and just have my mind blow, how do they move so fast?!?!

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Allentown is bigger than York. Allentown is May, York is October also. Pinfest started last year in Phoenix & was pretty good. 1/2 pin 1/2 video though.

I saw a post about York moving to a bigger room/area. Maybe it won't be as small now?

#10 9 years ago

Gotta toss PAPA's hat into the ring.

ReplayFX Arcade & Gaming Festival
    July 30 - August 2, 2015
    http://www.replayfx.org

#11 9 years ago

Texas Pinball Festival Rocks

#12 9 years ago

for just playing games many shows are great . FOr overall pinball expierience PINBALL EXPO in chicago cant be beat..tour of STERN,, many many past and present pinball industry people present...great selection of vendors.. And over 150 games to play... ALWAYS this year should hit 200 plus

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I saw a post about York moving to a bigger room/area. Maybe it won't be as small now?

That would be cool, maybe it's a different building?

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Great show, but also a pretty even mix of arcade vs pins.
    Its a really fun event though, gets pretty crowded so make a weekend of it, some times of day busier than others. Lots of DMD pins, some SS and Ems as well. Really cool selection of classic video games from all eras. They have new stuff too. Tons of those kinetic games like Dance Dance revolution, drums games, guitar games, crazy button smashing games totally in japanese, I go watch the people that come for that and just have my mind blow, how do they move so fast?!?!
    » YouTube video

Pop'n Music...

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Pop'n Music...
    » YouTube video

Wow!!!

#16 9 years ago

after you get to the Chicago Expo,

you should consider taking a game to the Florida show.

http://www.floridaape.org/

They get bigger every year,
    and the rewards of taking a game to a show are immeasurable

#17 9 years ago

www.pintasticnewengland.com

Our show is shaping up to be a great one. Check out our web page and like us on Facebook. We are going all out for this show! Lots of great suff I'm the works.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-shows-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.