(Topic ID: 81182)

Pinball Interviews On Pinball News

By greatwichjohn

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I'm going to ask a series of same questions & people can add what they want at the end. Martin will host the info up on Pinball News. I want to follow the same format for 2014 & see how it goes.

#2 10 years ago

Ok I have my first 2 Pinball Industry People agreeing to answer some questions. Andrew Heighway - Heighway Pinball & Jody Dankberg - Stern Pinball.

If you have some questions for either party, let me know & I will include them. They have the option of responding or declining.

I'm trying to offer something different for reading quickly, about pinball.

#3 10 years ago

Got my third guest Jack Guarnieri - Jersey Jack Pinball. Any questions please email me them & I will include them.

#4 10 years ago

John, first of all good luck with this as I agree in the sense it's a shame to see the hard copies all but gone.

The only issue I foresee with a Q&A sessions is the insiders actually addressing the questions people want to ask. For example I would love for someone at Stern to address the lack of attention to finishing codes and the length of time it takes them to do so. Other questions would be around the inner workings of Stern but again I don't foresee you getting anything but soft responses.

For giggles ask Jody to explain Stern's slogan "The only company presently making pinball machines" since it's not factual.

The same would go for JJP if you get someone from their camp to answer questions. Ask why the delays, the issues with the machines and the lack of communication to those customers that have waited 2+ years for a machine they paid for. Again, I don't foresee them answering these questions!

#5 10 years ago

Pinball Interviews hopefully to promote pinball.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

My main goal is to promote pinball, & not slam people's product. Nothing wrong in asking why stuff is slow to come out, or related product production problems.

I agree we want to promote pinball but in the same aspect Stern and JJP are the two main producers (hard to say JJP as they only have one machine so far but) of pinball and both have their problems with getting a complete package out the door. Maybe my question can be turn around a bit to be "How do you promote pinball to the new customer (distributor or home owner) when they're putting out 7+K for a machine that is either incomplete or that they will not receive in a timely manner"?

#7 10 years ago

I'm going with a standard set of questions this year.

#8 10 years ago

Pinball News is going to host my interviews & product reviews. Thanks Martin. More people will have access to it.

1 week later
    #9 10 years ago

I have the standard questions ready. If your involved in making pinball machines, product, or services. Please contact me if you want to participate this year. Thanks!

#10 10 years ago

Alright I have asked more people to take part in the interview process. Terry from Pinball Life was the first to respond to the series of questions. Looks like the format is ok, & I did it (questions) before enjoying my nightly beer quota. Thanks Terry

Martin might title it Pinball Profiles. He is asking for a current picture & company logo if you have one with your reply.

#11 10 years ago

Randy Perlow is the second one to fill it out. Martin is working on the posting format.

Rick Bartlett has done number 3.

I'm looking forward to Martin hosting this up, so we get some more insight into people's views on pinball. We are all different in our views, & how we see pinball. Everyone is interested in seeing pinball continue on, & hopefully maybe return to its glory days in the past. Lots of new manufacturers, product, & parts. New technologies coming out to move us ahead, hopefully for the better. Hope this column brings some more info, in a quick & readable format.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-products-info-free and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.