Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Lethal_Inc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hello, I just installed the 8" subwoofer and bb speakers from pinball pro in my ACDC pro machine and hear the increase in bass, but the mids and trebles are now too low. I don't like the new sound other than the bass and thought the original speakers were better. I'm sure this is due to the low frequency crossover but just wondering if I can get more treble and mid clarity like the original bb speakers. Remove the L-pad controller and wire to original, thus just replacing the speakers? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#2 11 years ago

It could be that the lpad is defective. Try wiring around it and see if you're happy.

#3 11 years ago

What do you mean by wiring around the Lpad?

#4 11 years ago

Can't you adjust the balance between the sub and the backbox speakers?

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

What do you mean by wiring around the Lpad?

Well I mean removing the lpad from the circuit. It should be if you turn the lpad all the way counter clockwise it should be like its not in the circuit and all the way clockwise it lowers the sound from the backbox to almost zero. In mine I have to have the lpad pretty far clockwise to get enough bass. If you can barely hear the backbox speakers, likely the lpad is defective or wired up wrong. The original speakers aren't even coax and do not put out better sound.

#6 11 years ago

Yuriijos,

Sometimes tweaking the system to your liking can be a bit confusing. Markmon is onto something, but to take the control out of circuit all you have to do is turn it completely to the right. This will put full machine power to the back box. Though we have the occassion bad lpad, We test everything prior to shipment and they never make it out the door. Usually we find this issue to be an adjustment. The crossover only effects the subwoofer itself, not the back box speakers. Low sound from the back box is all in the back box control. I will pm you some pointers on adjustment, and feel free to give me call, I will gladly walk you through it and get your AC/DC sounding great!

Greg

#7 11 years ago

What number to call you at please, website phone number

#8 11 years ago

Sorry, got your pm and ill call later. Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-pro-subwoofer-and-back-box-speaker-system and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.