(Topic ID: 78492)

Pinball Magic Roms. Turning off Buy in's.

By CaptainNeo

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Taxman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMGP1189.JPG
full game front shot.jpg
#1 10 years ago

In the manual for pinball magic, is says in the standard settings, that around setting 17+ I should be able to have an option to turn off the buy in balls. My settings only go up to 15. Is there a secret sub menu or something I need to be in? I'm running 1.0.12 according to when I boot up the game. The rom chip said something like 1.6 or something. I know many own this game, so I don't know if that's the latest revision or not.

#2 10 years ago

Bump. Same issue with my breakshot. I assumed the manual was incorrect

#3 10 years ago

I'm guessing the roms are old, but it would seem funny that the manual would be more up to date than the ROM's. Usually it's the other way around.

#4 10 years ago

Not sure about Capcom games, as I do not own any, but DE games have an expanded menu function that opens up more settings when enabled.

-Mike

#5 10 years ago

Neo, I had the same problem, the Manual says it's in that section of the setting but it's Not...I believe it's in the Pricing Section....If not it's in another section of the settings, the Manual is Wrong.....

Stu

#6 10 years ago

that's what I'm thinking, they might have an expand menu. But why do it just for 4 more options? They really wanted to hide the ability to turn off that buy in.

I did find out that the buy in amount was limited. Had someone playing it today, and they used up like 8 buy ins, and that was it. Expensive gave if you were paying .50 cents a play.

#7 10 years ago

ahhh that makes sense. I'm going to go investigate the pricing section and will update this thread accordingly

#8 10 years ago

Ok. Found it.

Setting is in Coinage.

Go to Adjustments > Coinage > and it's the 4th one down .

I figured the manual couldn't be more up to date than the roms. It's not uncommon for the manual to be wrong. I'm just surprised all the capcom manuals are wrong. You think if they moved it, they would have updated the manual for the second game. Nice work Stu.

#9 10 years ago

Always a pleasure Neo, take care of that Miss World.....

#10 10 years ago

yes, Miss world is tits.

full game front shot.jpgfull game front shot.jpg
#11 10 years ago

ok you got it Captain...

just did some pictures of mine yesterday, what a good pin it is !

https://plus.google.com/photos/110304160913314353072/albums/5973507034314070481?banner=pwa

IMGP1189.JPGIMGP1189.JPG

#12 10 years ago

I have seriously considered selling my CQ Pinball Magic, only reason I haven't yet is it's in such beautiful condition I can't bring myself to let it go (even though I rarely ever play it).......

#13 10 years ago

yea, this one is in super nice shape too. I'm going to do my best to keep it as a permanent fixture in the collection. I love diversity in a collection, and I don't own any Capcoms anymore, so I need one. And TOM Looked great, but the game was so damn uneventful and boring to play, it had to go. Had it for years. but the playfield looks great, and the cabinet is one of the best cabinets in pinball. But the layout is boring, callouts are boring and rules are boring. The most satisfying shot in that entire game is the theatre left loop. Wanted to like it. Love the theme, but Pinball Magic has it beat in so many areas. Superior magic pin by far.

#14 10 years ago

i agree, except this only "bad" point (well, lets assume its a bad point for some guys) of PM : the linearity to do the mission, always in the same older...

#15 10 years ago

Still mad that you beat me to this one Neo, glad its being well taken care of though. Is pinball magic worth a 14 drive in each direction? Serious question as I have a lead on another but it is nowhere near me.

#16 10 years ago

14 drive? 14 what? miles or hours? If you have a long drive, make sure the price/condition is right to compensate for it. I'll drive 14 hours each way for the right deal for the right game i'm looking for. I'd do it for a $1000 spooky right now. Doesn't have to be working, just complete and cosmetically nice.

#17 10 years ago

Yes hour and it's a trade my tftc for his pinball magic.

#18 10 years ago

that's worth a 14 hour drive for you. In fact, you should be in the car right now instead of on here typing this.

#19 10 years ago

Unfortunately can't make the trip for 5 weeks. He is more interested than I am so he is holding it. Thanks for input.

1 month later
#20 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Ok. Found it.
Setting is in Coinage.
Go to Adjustments > Coinage > and it's the 4th one down .
I figured the manual couldn't be more up to date than the roms. It's not uncommon for the manual to be wrong. I'm just surprised all the capcom manuals are wrong. You think if they moved it, they would have updated the manual for the second game. Nice work Stu.

I have version 1.0.3 and still can figure out how to shut off buy-in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,100 (OBO)
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-roms-turning-off-buy-ins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.