2021-10-21 08_35_43-Window (resized).png
2021-10-21 08_36_07-Window (resized).png
2021-10-21 08_37_08-Window (resized).png
2021-10-21 08_36_57-Window (resized).png
2021-10-21 08_41_28-Window (resized).png
2021-10-21 08_41_56-Window (resized).png
2021-10-21 08_42_21-Window (resized).png
2021-10-21 08_42_38-Window (resized).png
There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 months ago

I have a SWE1 that has been working fine for the last year or more that has developed a reset/shutting down issue. Doing it pretty consistently now after it warms up a bit. I took a video. All I know is the when it happens, the voltages from the power supply are fine. I tried resetting the pcb inside the computer cage with no luck so I’m out of things to try. Anyone know who works on these?

#52 7 months ago

does it look like the computer?

#53 7 months ago
Quoted from erikie:

Finally running full speed in qemu
Created a special machine for pinball 2000
Left out all unnecessary stuff. Running really smooth next steps are real DCS emulation
And hooking up the parallel Port and connect my game to this code

does flash updates work?

#54 7 months ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

does flash updates work?

why is this so important for you? As you keep asking this. However I stripped all the serial Port code. So no it will not be possible to update the code via serial Port (which are hard to find anyway on a modern motherboard). Updating via usb stick should be doable. For the moment it is manual work
However it is possible to install a lot of different verslons of the same game.

#55 7 months ago
Quoted from NYP:

have a SWE1 that has been working fine for the last year or more that has developed a reset/shutting down issue. Doing it pretty consistently now after it warms up a bit. I took a video.

That usually happens because the MPU on the motherboard is overheating. Have you attempted to re-seat it with fresh heatsink compound?

#56 7 months ago

Played my first test game on my own code
It works. Need some tweaks as it costs some performance to hook up the parallel Port
Am not able to acces the io registers from qemu. Need to do it from a separate process. This gives opportunities to have a game selector run first

No sound yet. Kinda boring playing like that

#57 7 months ago
Quoted from erikie:

why is this so important for you? As you keep asking this. However I stripped all the serial Port code. So no it will not be possible to update the code via serial Port (which are hard to find anyway on a modern motherboard). Updating via usb stick should be doable. For the moment it is manual work
However it is possible to install a lot of different verslons of the same game.

the stock rom code on the pinball 2K games is not that good

#58 7 months ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

the stock rom code on the pinball 2K games is not that good

Well you can run any update version you like. It is also possible to have all verdiend available and choose the one you like to play. The stock code is not recommandeerde to play anyway.
But the update process will be different than the old stock hardware. Not possible to use a serial cable.

1 week later
#59 7 months ago

Getting sound from the emulator now
Still some issues to resolve.
Timing is a bit of an issue. Could be the emulator is running too fast for the DCS thread
But good progress for now.

#60 7 months ago
Quoted from erikie:

Getting sound from the emulator now
Still some issues to resolve.
Timing is a bit of an issue. Could be the emulator is running too fast for the DCS thread
But good progress for now.

Any video or pics? I would love to see this.

#61 7 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

…I was just to nervous holding on the machine with the risk it would become a paperweight.

I have owned my PB2000 game for about 20 years. I was nervous too about parts. So nervous, I bought 3 extra prism cards, 4 extra ram boards, two pub cards, extra motherboard and 4 extra CPU processors. BUT, I never had anything fail on me yet. I have NO interest in selling my extra parts so don't PM me.

#62 7 months ago

I have owned my PB2000 game for about 20 years. I was nervous too about parts. So nervous, I bought 3 extra prism cards, 4 extra ram boards, two pub cards, extra motherboard and 4 extra CPU processors. Plus 2 NOS sheets of special glass. BUT, I never had anything fail on me yet. I have NO interest in selling my extra parts so don't PM me.

#63 7 months ago
Quoted from Rolpa:

Any video or pics? I would love to see this.

when I get the sound like I want to have it I will try to make a video of playing the game on the new code. Hopefully that will take a couple of days and not weeks

#64 7 months ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I have owned my PB2000 game for about 20 years. I was nervous too about parts. So nervous, I bought 3 extra prism cards, 4 extra ram boards, two pub cards, extra motherboard and 4 extra CPU processors. BUT, I never had anything fail on me yet. I have NO interest in selling my extra parts so don't PM me.

still need to check the caps and clean the cpu fan.

also may need to have spare PSU's as well.

#65 7 months ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

also may need to have spare PSU's as well.

Power supplies grow on trees, basically. Finding a computer power supply will not be an issue.

#66 7 months ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Power supplies grow on trees, basically. Finding a computer power supply will not be an issue.

does any of the pinball 2000 cards need -12V or -5V? not all PSU's have that now days.

#67 7 months ago

Sound works now properly. Going to test this code soon on the machine itself. Keep you all posted.

#68 7 months ago
Quoted from erikie:

Sound works now properly. Going to test this code soon on the machine itself. Keep you all posted.

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing the code!

#69 7 months ago

Did a first test yesterday had to get the root account play audio first. After the hassle in Ubuntu the game worked with sound and all. Hope to make some video tomorrow and will put that on Dropbox. Everyone who is interested can download it then. Also a first build can be tested by others if interested.

Will install the software on my pinball pc so I can use the amplifier too. Now I have only sound via monitor speakers

#70 7 months ago
Quoted from erikie:

After the hassle in Ubuntu the game worked with sound and all.

Wow, this is great!! I want to give it a try in my RFM. Mine has the original PC and a beautiful CRT monitor and I need to get another system running before the old one fails.
Great work!

#71 7 months ago

Created two short movies playing Star Wars and rfm (on Star Wars playfield)
It is really smooth and fast. If anyone wants a Dropbox link send me a PM

#72 7 months ago

Finished installing everything on my own computer installed in the pinball machine. It now boots and starts automatically the emulator. Sound works also. Pretty straightforward to install.
Next thing will be some kind of a menu to appear to choose which software version you want to start
And will work on getting the damn serial ports to work better.

2 months later
#73 4 months ago

Some updates.
Network stuff is starting to work. Not complete yet. Working now closely together with applejuice to get things working. Programmed some stuff in for him to troubleshoot developing updates for RFM much easier. He is using my emulator now.
After network stuff is working the serial update process will be next. Then it can be used as a replacement for the original hardware

1 month later
#74 3 months ago

Just updated the DCS code slightly and now it is of much better quality. No more gaps between samples which was annoying.
There is also basic serial port support. Working on getting updates to work over serial port. It already works using a different method. Basically sending the update over tcp/ip (network cable). The console is also accessible over tcp/ip or serial port. Tournament code works but has some slight flaws.
I would say the emulator is 99% ready at the moment.
With the right hardware (would recommend an i5 cpu with 4 cores or AMD equivalent) you will really get a very smooth running pinball machine.
And a benefit is that this one support 8mb size update flash ram. So Applejuice can put more stuff in its game code.

#75 3 months ago

You should be really proud of the work you've done - this is amazing stuff. Congrats and can't wait to see it in action.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 85.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-2000-2/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.