Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pinfidel
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    patz.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

I hope so. Looking at borrowing a car to go get Lotr later. Does it fit? Thanks

#2 10 years ago

I had a 2000 Outback. Had to remove head but body slid all the way in with the front seats pushed in a bit. Head sat next to body no problem.

Head down on body might be a problem depending on the machine. The top curve of the hatch is a bizotch...

#3 10 years ago

Dang that stinks. I think it may be an 05. It's my boss's car and he is in Hawaii. I would need to drive kind of far to go measure it. Just trying to save some money on gas. Don't want to take my old truck.

#4 10 years ago

It's also kind of cold and it will be a 3 hour drive. Probably not good for the machine to be in the back if the truck.

#5 10 years ago

Yeah I don't have it anymore or I'd measure the hatch for you (bought a gas guzzling truck haha).

It's one of those deals where the machine almost fits, then you look up to see the two corners of the head ramming against the frame of the hatch by a little over an inch. I didn't want to gouge up the car/machine so I just took the head off. Thankfully it was an EM so head removal was super easy.

#6 10 years ago

Thanks. Guess I'm taking the truck.

#7 10 years ago

I took this pic a couple years ago at PATZ. So if you have a Ford Focus it might work lol

patz.jpgpatz.jpg

#8 10 years ago

Anyone know where to find head down measurements of a Lotr?

#9 10 years ago

Don't own a Subaru hatchback, but I'd imagine you can get the game in 3/4 of the way in there.

Take 3 comforters, a couple nice pieces of cardboard and 2 ratchet tie down straps with you.

Take the 1st piece of cardboard and lay it down where the machine will over hang out of the hatch.

Take 1 comforter and fold it up creating a nice thick pad that's long enough to cover past the sides of the machine. Place it at the bottom of the hatchback on top of that 1st piece of cardboard right where the machine will lay. That should give you plenty of protection for both the machine and the car. If you feel like it's not enough, use 2 comforters there. (So take 4 total)

Take the other 2 comforters and fold them up nice making them extra thick. Lay one on top of the machine where the hatch will hit it.

Then, take that piece of cardboard and place that on top of the 1st comforter.

Then lay the 2nd comforter on top of the cardboard.

Now take a ratchet strap and ratchet the hatch down good and tight so it doesn't bounce around. Use the 2nd strap if you feel you need it to really secure the hatch down.

Then just drive cautiously, especially over bumps and road dips. Use your hazards if you are on the highway and feel you need to drive a little slower.

Good luck and I hope everything goes smoothly. LOTR is a great game that is definitely worth the aggravation to get it home.

#10 10 years ago

Looking at Underspin's picture, I would definitely throw a ratchet strap around the whole machine as well.

I'd also take 4 comforters with me, laying 2 down at the bottom and 2 for the top.

After the machine is in, lay the folded comforter on top of the machine while letting it overhang the sides.

Then lay the 2nd piece of cardboard on top of that comforter. The cardboard gives extra protection for the strap going around the machines sides as well as for the hatch latch.

Then take the last comforter, fold it up nice and lay it over the machine. Again overhanging the sides.

Then run the ratchet strap around the whole machine so it holds the cardboard and comforter firmly in place.

Then ratchet the hatch down good and tight either with 1 or 2 straps as you deem necessary.

You'll have no problems.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Notbychance:

Dang that stinks. I think it may be an 05. It's my boss's car and he is in Hawaii. I would need to drive kind of far to go measure it. Just trying to save some money on gas. Don't want to take my old truck.

I have an 05 Outback. I can measure it for you. I can tell you a Judge Dredd is about 1/4" too big.

#12 10 years ago

Heading out with the truck now. Hope the machine looks good in person. Thanks guys.

#13 10 years ago

Uhaul trailers are less than $20 to rent.

#14 10 years ago

Most pins fit in my 2001 Subaru Outback. I have to remove the rubber mat. There is a nub called tie point in the center of the back hatch roof line. Should be cut out.

Clearance measures at 29 3/4"

Games vary by 1/2" on head folded measures. Depends what might be used to cushion the side rails with the head
    folded too.

It takes some work on the folded seat end with some lifting upwards using the open coin door.

#15 10 years ago

She's home safely! Needs a bit of elbow grease.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #16 10 years ago

Looks nice bro. Conrats and enjoy!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin-fit-in-02-subaru-outback and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.