Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by mickthepin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

what_you_talking_about_willis.jpg
    ee.jpg
    pearl-jam-live_154979-1920x1200.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BigB.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 10 years ago

Let's remember that sales are what drives Stern to produce a certain title. They won't build it if they don't think that they can sell it. Just because a band is popular and has sold X # of albums doesn't mean that they would make for a successful pin title.
    Successful titles ("ACDC, Metallica, GNR")have every aspect working for them in their favor. Miss just one thing and you end up with a disaster (sales numbers) like (The Rolling Stones, Elvis). Very popular with music fans but popularity did not transfer over to high pin sales and therefore manufactuors took a big financial hit on them. Because of this, they will be reluctant to make another music pin for any band that is less than a "Super Star" / Rock Roalty calibur group. Therefore no Pearl Jam, No Iron Maiden, and no Queen pins anytime soon. Sorry to say this, but it's just my humble opinion. I for one would buy a "Queen" pin, love the band. I also think Iron Maiden would sell a lot overseas. But neither would sell well enough to justify the risk of producing it in the hopes that it does well. That's a shame because I think we are missing out on a lot of good titles because of this. Manufacturers are not willing to take risks anymore. They want sure things and in today's business climate, I really don't blame them. One mistake might be fatal to a company. They need to choose wisely.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BigB.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pearl-jam-pin?tu=BigB and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.