Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by mickthepin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

what_you_talking_about_willis.jpg
    ee.jpg
    pearl-jam-live_154979-1920x1200.jpg
    There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Guys- The two greatest rock-themed pins haven't even been made yet, The Beatles and Pink Floyd. You have to not only have great music for a pin, but there has to be imagery in the music and lyrics, and themes that make for good toys, modes, or playfield art. The Beatles and Pink Floyd are the best two mainstream groups with mass appeal to fit the bill.

Pink Floyd would epic...unlimited art potential...that would be where pins like a pearl jam would fail...look at the rolling stones pin, unbearable to look at even if you like their music...

heres a picture of all the great pearl jam art that could be used in a pin...

ee.jpgee.jpg
    #52 10 years ago

We are Motörhead, and we play rock n roll. On a side note AC/DC is ten times the band of Pearl Jam. Beatles rocked but not a big Pink Floyd fan. And yes Iron Maiden will be made somewhere down the road. Twisted Sister would have been cool back in the day and I still like them as well. Always thought a Monsters of Rock pin would work out nice like the tours when they existed. Too bad Motörhead pin would not be made but Lemmy wants one.

#53 10 years ago

I don't care what music pin will come after Iron Maiden

#54 10 years ago

Although I've heard the name, I can't remember listening deliberately to a Pearl Jam song. Maybe I've lived under a stone for the last 20+ years or they're not as popular as some think they are.

#55 10 years ago

Pearl Jam is the greatest United States band ever created followed closely by R.E.M. All those that even try to compare Elvis, Kiss, or AC/DC to the above mentioned are retarded old farts out of touch. Don't you dare dis Pearl Jam as a c list band or I'll personally come over to your house and kick your..... well maybe I'll just argue my points logically backed up by facts and statistics. But still.....

#56 10 years ago

I grew up in the early 90's and graduated HS in 91. I remember what was up then, compared to what now is falsely remembered by most. Nirvana was a boy band that had no talent and their lyrics were nonsensical fronted by a pretty boy that couldn't sing. Weird Al railed on them. Sound Garden and Alice in Chains had a few good songs. Mother Love Bone had some potential but their frontman was holding them back and the bands true potential was unleashed when a San Diego surfer sent in his demo tape. It wasn't until MTV unplugged and InUtero that Nirvana and Kurt Kobain's talents were really understood. R.E.M. had deep meaning songs and lyrics that are so far removed from todays straight forward, no need to try to decipher meaning in words "Taylor Swift" crap that my heart bleeds for people born after 1972. It is a little known fact that when they found Kurt Kobain's body with his head blown off that an R.E.M. album was playing on a loop. I'M IN FOR TWO PEARL JAM PINS! Unfortunately, they will not whore themselves out to marketing like KISS. I truly feel sorry for those people that through some mental deficiency cannot enjoy and acknowledge Pearl Jam as the greatest American Band that ever was.

#57 10 years ago

Like them or not, Pearl Jam are more than a 'C' list band, much more. For me personally I don't think that Pearl Jam would make a good pinball machine theme though.

The trick to it all is finding a band/theme that appeals to a wide variety of pinheads as well as enticing new people into the hobby.

I don't know if they would be too old, but would the Beach Boys be any good? Some very iconic music, plenty of opportunity for modes with surfing, cars and girls. They may be a good throw back to the glory days of the pinball scene for many of us, these being the 60's and 70's. The more I think about it, the more I think they may be a it lame considering how well the hard rock themes seem to be going.

#58 10 years ago

Far stretch from C list. I do think this title is about 15 years or so too late to make any real money.

Really like PJ but do not think this pin would sell enough. IMHO.

Wiki has them listed at 57th highest paid band in the US of all time.

#60 10 years ago

Pearl Jam is a great band in my opinion and I have seen them a few times in concert. I can't say whether they are a better band than AC/DC or Metallica but I certainly prefer PJ to those other bands. That being said, I don't think their music translates into making a good pinball machine. They only made one video so there is not much there to theme the pin off of. I do think a Pink Floyd pin would be cool though.

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Pearl Jam is the greatest United States band ever created followed closely by R.E.M. All those that even try to compare Elvis, Kiss, or AC/DC to the above mentioned are retarded old farts out of touch.

what_you_talking_about_willis.jpgwhat_you_talking_about_willis.jpg

#62 10 years ago

Pearl Jam is awesome, but lets face it...not the best choice for a pin theme. Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, even The Who are much better themes for a pin.

#63 10 years ago

Hell, there's a garage band from my neighborhood that I would rather listen to than Pearl Jam. And would probably be better suited for a pinball machine. Perhaps you've heard of them. Social Distortion.

#64 10 years ago

I have a pearl jam themed mame cab and think that they are one of the greatest bands out there. I would buy one pre order for sure!

#65 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballgeek:

who?
    Never head of pearl Jam
    Personally I'd prefer music theme based on these below but many will beg to differ
    Led zeppelin
    Pink floyd
    Def leopard
    Dr dre

You had me until "Dr. Dre"

#66 10 years ago

Maybe someone besides Stern should give it a whirl, more than 3 speakers with a 3D screen.....

#67 10 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Oh boy....another c list band with no where near enough fans to justify a pin....same as the other guy suggesting Lita Ford...not gonna happen

I guess you don't know much about Pearl Jam then.

#68 10 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Guys- The two greatest rock-themed pins haven't even been made yet, The Beatles and Pink Floyd. You have to not only have great music for a pin, but there has to be imagery in the music and lyrics, and themes that make for good toys, modes, or playfield art. The Beatles and Pink Floyd are the best two mainstream groups with mass appeal to fit the bill.

I personally agree with this, as these are two of my favorite bands of all time.

Having said that....

.....ain't gonna happen.

#69 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I personally agree with this, as these are two of my favorite bands of all time.
    Having said that....
    .....ain't gonna happen.

this is probably the first time we agree on something 100%

#70 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Mother Love Bone, baby!

Andrew Wood left us much too soon.

#71 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

this is probably the first time we agree on something 100%

Nah, it isn't quite that bad. I agree with you at least 3% of the time!

#72 10 years ago

Would love to see a PJ pin. Favorite band as a little kid. Put me down for a Ten LE!!!

#73 10 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Put me down for a Ten LE!!!

And that's what you are going to pay!

#74 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

And that's what you are going to pay!

Ten dollars or no deal.

#75 10 years ago

I'd rather have a Yield LE (ten is good but Yield is one of the best). Or Vitalogy. (not because the album is good, because of the art package)

#76 10 years ago

Vitalogy got me into PJ. But almost all of their albums are great.
    Vitalogy-Nothing Man, Corduroy(Best PJ song ever), Better Man, Immortality. All classics.

#77 10 years ago

Bugs in my room ....ahhhhhhh

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pearl-jam-pin/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.