Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 126 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by jeffc
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210826_071257 (resized).jpg
    20210826_055436 (resized).jpg
    20200803_160925 (resized).jpg
    towncry1 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Isochronic_Frost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#74 3 years ago

Is it normal to constantly get a busy signal when I call PBR? Been trying for 2 days now!

5 months later
    #93 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Steve truly cares about the hobby and not the dollars. The one thing that I notice is he is never in a hurry to get me off the phone and will be happy to talk pinball and other things.
    Some pricing on parts is still the same as late 90,s
    The pinball knowledge and memory he has is amazing.

After my comment about getting busy signals I eventually go through just redialing every 5 minutes. Steve was great and as mentioned above, he was in no hurry to get me off the phone even though I said I wanted to finish up quickly so I don’t hold him up for others!

Steve words: “when you’re on the phone with me, you have my undivided attention, the others can wait till it’s their turn too. You’re my customer at this moment”

Amazing mentality from Steve. He also got angry with me when I requested “useless crap you don’t need” and he “suggested” (told) me what I should buy instead. It was like a 50 dollar difference. I’ve NEVER had someone yell at me demanding I pay them less money! Steve is one-of-a-kind.

2 years later
    #117 41 days ago
    Quoted from frunch:

This is an interesting development! I always noticed that about the flippers on those games, I'd be interested to try a comparison and see how much it changes gameplay.

A lot of tournament guys have been doing this mod for the past few years using the Sys1 coil stop, slightly modified. Nice that Steve finally did this. I prefer the flippers are intended, but hardcore tourney players want their Gottliebs to feel like Williams

2 weeks later
    #125 24 days ago
    Quoted from jeffc:

Latest update from http://www.pbresource.com/news.html is:
    05/20/24
    "We have recently had inquiries regarding missing circuit delay modules in several games. These are the 4-prong plug-in modules containing a capacitor, resistor and diode used to delay pulling in a relay while something else was occurring. When the capacitor charged up, voltage was then sufficient to pick the relay. Since these are plug-in modules, you and I both know what happens when anything in a pinball is not ”bolted in”!
    So, we made some: GTB-A-11556 is the ”early” module for games such as Spin Wheel, Spin-a-Card, Hearts & Spades. It has a 500uF capacitor. GTB-A-15597 is the ”late” module for games such as Soccer, Super Soccer, 300, and Super Score. It has a 1,000uF capacitor.
    Now in stock at $22.00 each. If someone wants to volunteer to test, I will give one of each module to the lucky person in exchange for the test.
    Steve"

Nice! These things have been rare as hens teeth for a while. I’ve got a spare hanging around just in case! Is there a complete list of Gottlieb EMs which used the plug-in capacitor?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Isochronic_Frost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pbr-pinball-resource-news-updates?tu=Isochronic_Frost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.