(Topic ID: 312865)

Parts trouble? !?! (Operator can't get parts/support from distributor or stern)

By spectrum-1980s

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 322 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Anony
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20221206_185325 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Mouser (resized).png
    LPC1313FHN33 (resized).png
    Programming Interface (resized).png
    ATmega4809 (resized).png
    LPC1313FN33 (resized).png
    IMG_20221022_140058_HDR (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_20221104_015505_HDR (resized).jpg
    IMG_20221102_225005_HDR (resized).jpg
    IMG_20221102_225017_HDR (resized).jpg
    IMG_20221102_225022_HDR (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20221102-225643 (resized).png
    IMG_20221102_225029_HDR (resized).jpg
    59B185B3-EDE6-47C3-B72A-10A89EA3C34D (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbwalker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 2 years ago

Just had to order a Spike 2 CPU thru a distro (good guys, very helpful) and they even had a hard time getting a reply from Stern.

Who knows when it will show up since last I checked it was out of stock. Of course they have them - they are building and shipping pins.

Not complaining since I just placed an order, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

...Pablo is awesome though...

I traded some emails w/Pablo not long ago. He was very helpful, but I likely wouldn't want to be in his shoes. Has to be a PIA trying to manage the parts shortages (like everybody else).

4 months later
    #86 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

I had boards that took from May till Aug to get.. for a warranty replacement after a node board took out a whole series of boards. Game was not earning for nearly 3 months.

I just received a new Spike 2 CPU yesterday. Ordered maybe 4-5 months ago. Thankfully, the original CPU still worked...sort of.

2 weeks later
    #112 1 year ago
    Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

We built our own mando plastic assembly out of lexan after it snapped. The one they send you will just break again.
    We’ve welded the mini pf diverter twice... once for the curved guide, the other for the little guide finger. The finger broke again, so I used a long metal retail hook and bent it around the assembly in its place. It looks ghetto af, but it’ll never break again.
    Mando sucks. I’ll never own another one again.
    I did just get a warranty cpu replacement for my Godzilla premium after 4 requests to my distributor. Not my distributors fault. Stern received the first request and literally sat on it, did nothing. On the 4th request, I asked my distributor if I needed to fly to Chicago and give the folks at stern a size 12 proctologist exam in order to get my shit. Mysteriously I received the cpu the following week.
    I’m waiting going on 3 months for a cpu for an out of warranty beatles. Since stern can make 40 games a day, I want to buy one for a regular price (not $900 as if the board is not available), yet stern says they are out of stock. Bullshit.
    All tech correspondence is STILL through email. No phone number to call since Covid. Very frustrating..... just not right.
    Really makes me not want to buy anymore.

Just got a CPU for my Munsters. Took about 4 months, not warranty. Purchased via my Distro. Fortunately, my original CPU sort of worked so the pin was playable.

I also had a Munsters plastic finally show up. Stern covered that one since apparently they break often. Not even sure when that order was placed, except it was ages ago.

#116 1 year ago
    Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Not kidding..... my Beatles cpu showed up yesterday. It’s playable currently, but has no audio.

The original CPU has the audio issue?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbwalker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/parts-trouble-?tu=mbwalker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.