(Topic ID: 291115)

Own a recent Dodge Caravan / Chrysler T&C? I've a quick favor to ask:

By goingincirclez

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210411_174735 (resized).jpg
    20210411_164827 (resized).jpg
    20210402_193444 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goingincirclez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

We're considering a Dodge Caravan / Chrysler T&C as the next family truckster & pinhauler, but try as I might I can't find an answer to this seemingly simple question:

- Can someone tell me (measure) this distance between the *raised* second-row seat backs, and the closed tailgate?

We need to know if it's possible to safely seat 4 people AND fit a ~55" long modern pin in the van at the same time. And/or if not behind the 2nd row (to be honest, I find this unlikely), then maybe a 60/40 split-fold works somehow - if you could explain any seat option weirdness (bench vs. stow-and-go) required to pull this off?

I have seen people slice and dice these vans every which way, even on YT videos for custom builds, and yet NOBODY seems to ever consider the available space behind the second row beyond "height" or "cubic feet" which isn't particularly helpful here. So I beseech my fellow pinheads... thanks in advance!

#2 3 years ago

Bump? Surely I can't be the only one who ever considered these... Surely there must be someone here with one... I'll buy ya a beer... Bueller?

#4 3 years ago

Dude, thank you so much, that is very good to know! I'm actually kinda (pleasantly) shocked it's 60", I was figuring it to be more "barely on the line" at 52" or 54" or something.

If I was heading to PinBrew I'd make good on my promise... if you head down my way look me up!

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from brucea1956:

I put one in sideways in the front. Took the head off one (Ghostbusters Le) as it had the least connections. Then placed two side by side. Lots of moving blankets involved. They traveled fine for over 1200 miles. The other pins were ARM and LOTR.

But what's the scenario for hauling *3 or 4 people AND pin(s)* in these vans?

Vans rule in general; my beloved Aerostar was a great pinhauler as I could easily fit any 2 and probably shoehorn 3 (maybe 4?!) in there depending on the type. BUT the way the seats were laid out, could only ever carry the one passenger up front even with a single pin.

Sometimes that's fine, but often enough the family needs to be somewhere too and it's like "crap, can't move that pin at the same time"...

1 week later
    #9 3 years ago

Thanks for the help all. As an update, right before the Great Pinside Outage we looked and measured and brought one home. Not the sexiest van out there in terms of amenities these days BUT you can tell from what it's slated to replace, that I've an old school appreciation for the simple and utilitarian. And as far as vans go, the blackout blue look is alrite with me. Still, it will have to endure and prove itself beyond mortal reason to live up to what our legendary '94 Aerostar accomplished... we'll see in a decade or two
    20210402_193444 (resized).jpg20210402_193444 (resized).jpg

#11 3 years ago

LOL well ours didn't clock that many miles: just shy of 160K... but considering it was almost junked under 120K before I bought it on whim for $260 in 2012 (with a full tank of gas?!) and then proceeded to absolutely work it to death for the next decade through all manner of shenanigans (how many folks can honestly say they recreated the Whirlwind backglass LOL) I won't complain. There are bro-dozer trucks that haven't seen the crap this van did. And it probably could have made it to 200K+ given some deeper TLC, but ungaraged age-attrition and the infamous AeroRockerRust were forcing hands toward more comprehensive need.

At any rate we'd wouldn't be nearly so involved with pinball if it weren't for the ol' AeroBarge. Long may it rest until we or some future barn-finder can give it the attention it deserves.

20210411_164827 (resized).jpg20210411_164827 (resized).jpg20210411_174735 (resized).jpg20210411_174735 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goingincirclez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/own-a-recent-dodge-caravan-chrysler-tampc-i-ve-a-quick-favor-to-ask?tu=goingincirclez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.