11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Stack15
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Homer.jpg
    silent_scope2.JPG
    New_picture.jpg
    Lineup.JPG
    Ms_Pac_Man.JPG
    #1 11 years ago

I finally got Ms. Pac Man ($400). I believe it is the regular size with a 19" monitor. My high score is currently 126,000 which I'm pretty sure is just so-so.

It was really, really, really dirty inside. When I cleaned it, I did more harm than good. Some of the dirt got kicked around into the connectors causing screen issues. I think it is all up and running now... just fine.

Gameroom:
    The Addam's Family
    T2
    Spiderman
    The Simpsons Pinball Party
    Ms. Pac-Man
    Silent Scope 2

Ms_Pac_Man.JPGMs_Pac_Man.JPG

#2 11 years ago

A true classic. Enjoy!

#3 11 years ago

Is SS2 working or is it turned off?

#4 11 years ago

126K is a decent high score on Ms. Pac-Man, I used to be happy any time I got a score above 100K. What's the furthest you've gotten level-wise? Gotten to where they don't turn blue any more?

#5 11 years ago

I got up to 135k now. I know what you are talking about level wise, but I haven't made it that far since the 80s. Silent Scope works fine. It just takes too long to power up for the purposes of taking a picture.

I just rearraged again. What do you think?

Lineup.JPGLineup.JPG New_picture.jpgNew_picture.jpg silent_scope2.JPGsilent_scope2.JPG Homer.jpgHomer.jpg

#6 11 years ago

I give you 3 months and both video games are replaced by pins!

#7 11 years ago

Holy cow, arcade games look small compared to pins. My first arcade game was a Capcom Big Blue, maybe that's why my memory is off, but even a Nintendo cab just felt "clunky" and like it was taking a TON of space compared to a pin..

I picked up a Gyruss cocktail (!) in extremely nice condition the other day. Has a brand new monitor and chassis in it, boards look great, cabinet iteself was repaired and restored a few years ago according to the seller, and it looks it...CPO's are pretty much mint, underlays look great, and literally one normally visible scratch on the glass top.

I don't plan to really buy any more arcades, but I've decided that I'm only sticking to cocktail and cabaret if I do. I need to find a nice place for this NICE game...

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I don't plan to really buy any more arcades, but I've decided that I'm only sticking to cocktail and cabaret if I do. I need to find a nice place for this NICE game...

good plan! I have a mame cocktail I scratchbuilt and a centipede cabaret. The cabaret is only played at parties and the mame cocktail is a great drinkholder.

-Wes

#9 11 years ago

I always wanted to have a Ms. Pac-Man so it is probably a keeper. You're right about Silent Scope though... I imagine it will be sold by the end of the year. It is a fun game... but kind of repetitive. Not all of my friends enjoy pinball - so those that do not have fun with Silent Scope.

I would prefer Ms. Pac-Man and Punchout for arcade games.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-got-a-new-arcade-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.