12 months ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by G-P-E
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 12 months ago

Need to replace one on my f-14 tomcat....but confused on all the different alphabet 7402 types? Which do i need? ....Which to stayaway from? Suggestions on where to buy?

Thanks

#2 12 months ago

What is the part description in the game manual?

#3 12 months ago

heres the application.

Theres so many different ones. Plus there is conflicting advice on which 7402 chip to use

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #4 12 months ago

SN7402N.

U50 has 560 ohm pullups to 5V (see above in drawing to Q76 & Q78). This means the part must 'sink' 9mA (8.92mA) to ground. For this - use 7402, 74F02 or 74S02. 74F02 and 74S02 are power hogs, no need to load the frail 5V regulator any more than you have to. Don't use 74HCT02 or 74HC02 since they are intended to sink a lower level of output output current. 74LS02 is close but designed to sink up to 8mA to ground.

Mouser, Digikey, Newark and a few others.
    Avoid aliexpress, ebay and amazon - you might get remarks of a lesser part.

#5 12 months ago

Great to see you are still around Ed

#6 12 months ago
    Quoted from G-P-E:

SN7402N.
    U50 has 560 ohm pullups to 5V (see above in drawing to Q76 & Q78). This means the part must 'sink' 9mA (8.92mA) to ground. For this - use 7402, 74F02 or 74S02. 74F02 and 74S02 are power hogs, no need to load the frail 5V regulator any more than you have to. Don't use 74HCT02 or 74HC02 since they are intended to sink a lower level of output output current. 74LS02 is close but designed to sink up to 8mA to ground.
    Mouser, Digikey, Newark and a few others.
    Avoid aliexpress, ebay and amazon - you might get remarks of a lesser part.

@G-P-E, were you able to find a buyer for the business yet??

#7 11 months ago

Been working / traveling so much for my other job that I have not had the time. Trying to get inventory complete before my next excursion comes up in a few weeks. Slowly (very slowly) but surely getting there.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ok-stupid-question-on-ordering-7402s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.