Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6725 (resized).JPG
IMG_6724 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

So it's finally happening! I bought an ID4 last year and had it on location up until a few weeks ago when I brought it home to shop it out. At that time I decided it was the perfect platform for a re-theme. I love the layout and shots but most people who've played it know the rule-set is not very deep and gameplay can get old pretty quick, which is sad because the game has really good potential.

So this is what the game looks like as of now:

IMG_6724 (resized).JPGIMG_6724 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

I have all the hardware in place so I can start coding the machine and test as I go. I'm using a P-roc and MPF to code my custom game and as of yesterday I have the machine flipping which was really exciting for me since I have zero experience with code!

#3 6 years ago

Today my plans are to continue coding the game and work on some of the toys that will be inside. My plan as of now is to create a large haunted house in the upper center of the Play-field where the original bash toy was at. I'm messing around with some foam core right now so I can get an idea of what I want.

IMG_6725 (resized).JPGIMG_6725 (resized).JPG

#4 6 years ago

Nice man, and I agree, I've enjoyed ID4 whenever I have been able to play it, I would love to pick on up.

#5 6 years ago

Have you thought about keeping the theme and adding exciting rules and modes to it? You could also pick out great clips from the movie and use an lcd monitor in the dmd panel to display instead of the old dmd. Personally I think ID4 is a great theme/movie and there are so many cool clips and sound bytes to grab.

Just a thought, nice to see you made quick progress with mpf!

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Nice man, and I agree, I've enjoyed ID4 whenever I have been able to play it, I would love to pick on up.

It is a good game and they can be found for pretty cheap

#7 6 years ago

So whats the new theme? Just haunted house?

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Andyzola87:

It is a good game and they can be found for pretty cheap

Finding them seems to be the hard part, I don't think they made a ton.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Have you thought about keeping the theme and adding exciting rules and modes to it? You could also pick out great clips from the movie and use an lcd monitor in the dmd panel to display instead of the old dmd. Personally I think ID4 is a great theme/movie and there are so many cool clips and sound bytes to grab.
Just a thought, nice to see you made quick progress with mpf!

I though about doing just that. The only reason for me doing a custom theme is to learn some new skills. There's a lot of ideas that I have and this platform allows me to put all those ideas to use. But if I ever decide to change the theme back to original, I will do exactly what you suggested!

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Quoted from Tsskinne:

Only made 1500 which is why it's important to me to keep the origional play-field and cab art protected

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

The haunted house will play a big role but my wife and I love Tim Burton style artwork and movies so we're going with that feel and trying to come up with a story. Haunted House is one of her favorite pins and thats a reason why that's in there.

#13 6 years ago

Love my ID4, but since I'm interested on what you'll be doing here, I won't downvote you!

Following! Good luck!

#14 6 years ago

Here's an update on my progress so far:

#15 6 years ago

Another quick update of what I have so far.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Midlothian, VA
$ 12.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-id4-re-theme-journey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.