Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jonogo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF0288.JPG
    DSCF0291.JPG
    DSCF0286.JPG
    Spongebob_Pinball.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

So this looks really odd.

ebay.com link: SPONGE BOB SQUARE PANTS KID VIDEO MINI PINBALL classic arcade video game machine

Anyone ever see/play one? Any fun?
    Could it be made into a normal virtual pin with multiple tables?

Just thought it was out of the ordinary.

#2 10 years ago

Watch out Hobbit, another 4 flipper game.

Though the flippers aren't real in this one. Looks cooler than I had imagined. Thanks for sharing.

#3 10 years ago

Strangely polished-looking!

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

Strangely polished-looking!

Agreed, nice work on the cabinet and back box

#5 10 years ago

I saw one of those at Ron Shuster's. I don't think I got any pix or video. I will look and see.

#6 10 years ago

Spongebob Squarepants Soccer Shot Pinball (21st Century Entertainment/Gottlieb, 2007)

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=5509

Spongebob_Pinball.jpgSpongebob_Pinball.jpg

#7 10 years ago

Layout is very similar to Gottlieb's 1973 King Pin.
    Alex

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Spongebob Squarepants Soccer Shot Pinball (21st Century Entertainment/Gottlieb, 2007)
    http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=5509

Would explain the great build quality

#9 10 years ago

Wait Gottlieb in 2007??

#10 10 years ago

I've played a few games on this and was not impressed. For some reason the framerate was horrible at times and the game was nearly unplayable. I'm not sure if they used an underpowered processor for what the game is or what...

Brian

#11 10 years ago

We bought one at a pin-game auction. We have gutted it and made a virtual pin...

We have left the commercial grade 32" tv inside and added a 26 " tv monitor in the backbox..So we can play and watch tv shows.etc on the backbox..

We reused all the buttons and wiring also.. It had an Ipac controller already.. So we just asigned the buttons per VP specs..
    We are upgrading things as we go.. We added a 15" monitor for the display.... It is black under the graphics., so we have peeled most of it off... A fun project for sure.

NT

#13 10 years ago

Pics

DSCF0286.JPGDSCF0286.JPG DSCF0291.JPGDSCF0291.JPG DSCF0288.JPGDSCF0288.JPG

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Wait Gottlieb in 2007??

Guessing that they got Gottlieb's rights to copy the 1973 King Pin layout.

Quoted from NicToria:

We bought one at a pin-game auction. We have gutted it and made a virtual pin...
    We have left the commercial grade 32" tv inside and added a 26 " tv monitor in the backbox..So we can play and watch tv shows.etc on the backbox..
    We reused all the buttons and wiring also.. It had an Ipac controller already.. So we just asigned the buttons per VP specs..
    We are upgrading things as we go.. We added a 15" monitor for the display.... It is black under the graphics., so we have peeled most of it off... A fun project for sure.
    NT

That's cool. Guess you were unimpressed with the original game. Nice project!

#15 10 years ago

Nice...very neat and clean work

#16 10 years ago

RCA1.... No kids . So Sponge Bob is not our thing.... We and friends do still call it "Spongy"..We are still thinking on themes and graphics...

jmule123.... This is the before removal shots...The inside shots are hardware it came with.

We have gutted it and started over... I will take some after shots and post them.

If anyone want the old "guts" let me know .If should still work if reinstalled properly in a pc/shell for the kids maybe.?

NT

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from NicToria:

If anyone want the old "guts" let me know .If should still work if reinstalled properly in a pc/shell for the kids maybe.?

What are you asking for the guts Nick ?

LTG : )

#18 10 years ago

"PLAYS WELL AND PLAYFIELD LOOKS REAL AND IS VERY CLEAN"

I'd hope an LCD playfield would be clean...

Neat title, thanks for sharing@!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/odd-sponge-bob-virtual-pin-on-ebay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.