IMG_9146 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9147 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
TP_NE_Boss_8Gashadokuro_V01 (resized).jpg
TP_NE_Boss_5Tengu_V01 (resized).jpg
IMG_0115 (resized).png
There are 225 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 46 days ago

It's got a new shiny cabinet, a new competitive price, and it's ready for you to battle for the fate of Japan!

Official Game Website:
https://turnerpinball.com/games/
ninja-eclipse-9price (resized).pngninja-eclipse-9price (resized).png

Gameplay video:

Game Backstory/Comic Preview:

New Cabinet, New Price:

PDubs Arcade Loft Interview:
https://www.youtube.com/live/1yNwVr8qhtQ?si=GJU4IkvZAnn03Zkp

#2 46 days ago

Some pics
ninja-eclipse-1 (resized).pngninja-eclipse-1 (resized).pngninja-eclipse-2 (resized).jpgninja-eclipse-2 (resized).jpgninja-eclipse-3 (resized).jpgninja-eclipse-3 (resized).jpgninja-eclipse-4 (resized).jpgninja-eclipse-4 (resized).jpgninja-eclipse-5 (resized).jpgninja-eclipse-5 (resized).jpgninja-eclipse-6 (resized).jpgninja-eclipse-6 (resized).jpgninja-eclipse-8 (resized).jpgninja-eclipse-8 (resized).jpgninja-eclipse-9 (resized).jpgninja-eclipse-9 (resized).jpg

#3 46 days ago

Cheapest NIB on the market with a coin door.

#4 46 days ago

Looks good. I like the theme and the art.

#5 46 days ago

Mr. Turner is one of the most calmest dudes I've ver heard in my life.

#6 46 days ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Cheapest NIB on the market with a coin door.

I’ll pay the extra $5 and buy a Jaws.

Having played the model at Expo, I hope they have updated more than just the cabinet and artwork.

8FB5E02A-567A-48FE-B8CF-680DCBD77A7E (resized).jpeg8FB5E02A-567A-48FE-B8CF-680DCBD77A7E (resized).jpeg
#7 46 days ago

Now this is how you do an unlicensed theme. Other manufacturers should take note.

#8 46 days ago

Looks like he can take constructive criticism and apply it. BBQ vs. Ninjas who will win?

#9 46 days ago

At least if they take your money they're committing to building it within a 12 month window unlike some pinball manufacturers.

Good on them for listening to criticism and altering the original design. Actually showing they'd like to succeed.v

Not a buyer, but wish them luck all the same.

#10 46 days ago
Quoted from DOOOMTRAIN:

Some pics
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh my God!!!! He pulled his head out of the clouds and LISTENED!!!! Whoaaaaaa!

This automatically puts him ahead of several pinball companies, lol. Glad he got rid of some of the goofy ideas that were terrible, added a coin door interface, made the app optional, didn’t force the proprietary payment method, AND he lowered the cost back down to earth.

The art is stellar too!!! Who did it? It’s got a strong Disney style, looks great. Best of luck to Turner

#11 46 days ago

My biggest gripe when playing it at expo was the cabinet. This could get interesting...

#12 46 days ago

Jon Norris shows as involved in ruleset design.

#13 46 days ago

Listened to feedback, made adjustments = positive. I wish him well. Cant wait to hear what the peanut gallery thinks at TPF.

#14 46 days ago

"Additionally, deposit money will be separated from operating funds and will not be used for parts or other business expenses until your machine has shipped."

There's no way to prove that. I'd remove that statement or fill it in with maybe some other guarantee. Probably made sense when you guys wrote it but from a 3rd party: unless you are opening escrow accounts it's just wording. It reads to me: "trust us we won't steal your money". Not everyone who reads that even knows about Deeproot.

"Some of the premium features included in the first 100 games will be paid upgrades afterwards."

Are you listing that price at Expo? Sounds like this is a temporary discount

#15 46 days ago

Wow that's great progress from prototype to finished product. Hope it shoots well.

#16 46 days ago

We’ve been working really hard on this, and I think you’re going to love it. Since Expo, it’s only gotten better. If you’re at TPF, come say hi, chat it up, and give it a flip.

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

The art is stellar too!!! Who did it? It’s got a strong Disney style, looks great. Best of luck to Turner

I am the artist, actually, so thanks! Here’s the rest of the awesome Ninja Eclipse team:

IMG_6939 (resized).jpegIMG_6939 (resized).jpeg
#17 46 days ago

Ninjas > BBQ

#18 46 days ago

Excited to see how the launch goes. I’ll be following, can’t wait to hear how it is received at the expo!

#19 46 days ago

Looks pretty good so far. Nice job!

#20 46 days ago

Impressed they listened to the feedback. This just got added to my TPF list.

#21 46 days ago

Mr. Turner, great job at receiving constructive criticism. Now, please teach David Fix how to do the same over at American Pinball.

#22 46 days ago

Wow!

Still only would buy a game trough a distributor that I can try out first, but (money aside) if this thing was readily available and shoots well, I'd be in.

It's finally something different themewise, and the art as well as the shots itself capture it really good; I love that!

#23 46 days ago

Agree with everyone else - went from hard pass to looking forward to trying it out at TPF. Art package really looks solid. Amazing how listening to the pinball buying community and making adjustments can completely U-turn the hype train from "meh" to "can't wait to play". Every other manufacturer take note.

#24 46 days ago

Played it at expo. It was a fun game. Glad they listened to feedback and made some improvements and changes. The guys from Turner pinball were really nice. Hope they can sell some games at TPF

#25 46 days ago

Played it at TPF last year and enjoyed it, with the adjustments I bet it will be awesome. Unfortunately I won’t be at TPF this year to see how the new version plays so hoping for some game play videos and feedback. Hats off to Team Turner.

#26 45 days ago

Art looks really fun. The pop bumper monsters like Kappa are really cool.

#27 45 days ago
Quoted from bdw85:

Now this is how you do an unlicensed theme. Other manufacturers should take note.

So you'll be buying one?

In another industry innovation first, I believe this is the first time a pinball company employee has started his own hype thread!

#28 45 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So you'll be buying one?
In another industry innovation first, I believe this is the first time a pinball company employee has started his own hype thread!

Sounds like a new Twipy category!

#29 45 days ago

Great art and looks like a fun layout.
How can this 1st pin from Turner look so much better than AP's 5th? - possibly because he is listening to the consumer

#30 45 days ago

Maybe this will start a price war

Stern pros at 6,989?

#31 45 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So you'll be buying one?

Yes. Checkmate, CrazyLevi

#32 45 days ago

Do ninjas eat bbq?

#33 45 days ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Do ninjas eat bbq?

Ninjas are masters of the pork chop

#34 45 days ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Do ninjas eat bbq?

He does!

8330CE61-1210-4363-BEB6-D4DA9C9EF144 (resized).jpeg8330CE61-1210-4363-BEB6-D4DA9C9EF144 (resized).jpeg
#35 45 days ago

Hopefully you'll post a gameplay video for those of us not going to TPF.

#36 45 days ago

I'm not here to piss on the Turner's effort as he has one major thing going for him at this point. And in his position it's the one card he has to play and that's listening to potential customers to create a better end result.

That in the long run could be a recipe for his success. As others stated, every company should grasp this simple notion and not just pinball manufacturer's.

In the past you could really only bring a pinball concept to reality through one of the major manufactures that had the tooling and prinitng equipment to pull it off. Not so any longer.

Today we have people cutting their teeth on homebrew projects to gain experience. I've seen homebrew artwork that is as good modern game on cabs and playfields.

And in the end it's good for pinball.

So yes, Turner did hype his own product. He is far from the first person to do this as tech and software have done it forever.

One of these may just strike gold with great gameplay and artwork that puts it in that scarcity category that makes it quite desireable.

Interesting times in pinball.

#37 45 days ago

I'm glad they listened to feedback as well.

However, given Deeproot's very litigious past, I'm concerned by the line in the When is my payment Due? section that says you have to pay AND accept terms and conditions of purchase, or you forfeit your deposit. Where are the T&Cs for purchase? They're not listed anywhere.

Without listing them, I can think of all kinds of nefarious stuff they might add in there (No disparaging comments if you stream it. We can brick your machine with PinAccess. We can start charging for PinAccess.) or it might be something simple like acknowledging the warranty and shipping costs.

Some transparency there would be nice. I was going to write and ask to see them, but there isn't a Contact Us form or Email address.

CleanShot 2024-03-13 at 14.33.43@2x (resized).pngCleanShot 2024-03-13 at 14.33.43@2x (resized).png
#38 45 days ago

Just some background for those that may have forgotten or may be new enough to not know about Deeproot and everything related to them. Not saying that Turner is Deeproot, just noting that there was definitely some real shady events surrounding Deeproot.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/583#post-6831716

As far as the game itself, I think it looks great and seems to be a legit game, but the sordid history with DR gives me big pause.

#39 45 days ago

It looks so much better. Hopefully it will come to Allentown or Pintastic this year.

#40 44 days ago

The comic preview gives the basic backstory to the game: (story by Quinn Johnson and illustrated by Katherine Shuda)

Can’t wait for everyone to play it tomorrow at TPF!

#41 44 days ago

Any plans on a Topper? People on this forum will spend 2,000 on just a topper fyi…. You def need a topper.

#42 44 days ago

What shifted where the reaction to this was a consistent "nooooo, burn it with fire!"?

#43 44 days ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

What shifted where the reaction to this was a consistent "nooooo, burn it with fire!"?

I think the existence of BBQ has made people instantly more amenable to buying anything else.

#44 44 days ago

Beautiful looking art package. Hope to see gameplay or one in the wild.

#45 44 days ago

I played it at Expo and honestly it shot pretty decently. The cabinet was stupid and 10k was stupid. At 7k and in a normal cabinet, this suddenly becomes a lot more competitive. Would I buy one? No, probably not. But I think this is a hell of a lot better than the AP BBQ game. This, quite frankly, embarrasses that game and AP should really be taking a close look at themselves in the mirror right now. One thing worth noting though is on the old version of the game, those japanese pagoda deals were 3d printed/scuplted, looks like they have now turned them into flat plastics. Not a huge deal but definitely one area where they may have cut costs.

#46 44 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Just some background for those that may have forgotten or may be new enough to not know about Deeproot and everything related to them. Not saying that Turner is Deeproot, just noting that there was definitely some real shady events surrounding Deeproot.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/583#post-6831716
As far as the game itself, I think it looks great and seems to be a legit game, but the sordid history with DR gives me big pause.

Everything they have been doing at Turner pinball has been extremely impressive. I am really excited to see now for what they can do for game 2. Other than him being an employee at a company that was ran by a con artist, I haven’t seen anything that Turner Pinball has done so far other than they been listening to the community, extremely friendly and they seem to be setting realistic goals.

Once manufacturing starts, that’s probably going to be the big challenge, but who knows, I’m betting on them to be legit at this point. I also feel that they can be the next competitor to spooky pinball. I love that they’re starting the first run of just being 100 units. That’s a good starting goal and sounds achievable. I think that is a slightly smaller run than America’s most haunted I think? Opposed to deeproot who claimed they would release more pinball machines in one year than all manufactures combined!

They still have a lot to prove but if they have a lot of capital to back the start up behind then I am excited!

#47 44 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I played it at Expo and honestly it shot pretty decently. The cabinet was stupid and 10k was stupid. At 7k and in a normal cabinet, this suddenly becomes a lot more competitive. Would I buy one? No, probably not. But I think this is a hell of a lot better than the AP BBQ game. This, quite frankly, embarrasses that game and AP should really be taking a close look at themselves in the mirror right now. One thing worth noting though is on the old version of the game, those japanese pagoda deals were 3d printed/scuplted, looks like they have now turned them into flat plastics. Not a huge deal but definitely one area where they may have cut costs.

They can be their own mod company.

Glad to see Chris taking feedback and the (very) early returns to the changes being positive. The team comes across as good people. I hope they can do business the right way and put out a product people enjoy.

#48 44 days ago
Quoted from DOOOMTRAIN:

We’ve been working really hard on this, and I think you’re going to love it. Since Expo, it’s only gotten better. If you’re at TPF, come say hi, chat it up, and give it a flip.

I am the artist, actually, so thanks! Here’s the rest of the awesome Ninja Eclipse team:
[quoted image]

Who printed your playfields?

.. Hopefully not Mirco?

#49 44 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Would I buy one? No, probably not.

Yea seems nobody on Pinside has hinted at buying, just nice words. Will have to see if the real world buys in. Still a long way out from their own estimated mfg date, so I see no rush to give money. By their own words, they don't need the money for manufacturing. It makes sense to just wait for them to manufacture on their own cost then. If you don't need the money, why ask for such a hefty deposit of $1,000. That seems like the only big critique left over. The biggest Turner fanboy is going to get pushed away at sending $1,000 to another new risk prone company and their game isn't even planned to be built for some time.

Still interested to hear the "true" price as the game listed at $7k is the early discount with free upgrades. I'd imagine $9,000 Ninjas going forward is dead. Still not a homerun sales pitch still as it is today. Having pre-built games is the missing key in the salespitch, so if the sales are under expectations this TPF, drop 10 games at Expo and sell them as floor models.

#50 44 days ago

As designer of the 'rival' ninja game in the works, the 'competition' (to coin a phrase) is heating up. This is a big improvement over what we saw at Expo, particularly in regard to taking constructive criticism on board, and cutting back on sculpts to keep to a lower price point looks like a good aesthetic move here; the plastics light up well and it makes the whole visual design look at lot more unified and vibrant, with the inner art blades complementing it all. Our two games are each taking a different approach to layout, mechanics and the world under glass, and should look and play pretty distinct from each other. It'll be very interesting indeed to compare the final products.

There are 225 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninja-eclipse-hype-thread?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.