(Topic ID: 2362)

NIB in the 1990's

By NickBuffaloPinball

13 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 13 years ago

Just curious if anyone knows this, but how much did NIB machines, especially Williams and Bally, sell for in the 1990's? I'm curious to see how time, inflation, demand, and technology compares to the price of a NIB today.

#2 13 years ago

I don't know the exact prices but they were cheaper. You hear alot of stories on the internet about NGG, CV etc being closed out cheap. My guess would be that technology doesn't have much if anything to do with it. I would also think demand is much less, but from what I've heard Stern doesnt release production numbers.

#3 13 years ago

Lots of discussion about prices NIB on RGP....go do some searches there...

#4 13 years ago

I've run across old pricing from time to time and ran the numbers through inflation calculators. The prices are *roughly* equivalent but the older stuff was somewhat cheaper.

The "official" inflation rate is hotly debated and many believe the government's figure is a lot lower than reality. The method for calculating the CPI changed during the Clinton Administration.

#5 13 years ago

I had even less money then.

#6 13 years ago

You have to be careful with the "costs" as a lot of what I found was the price to an operator or distributor and not to the consumer. For instance, I read that a new Williams pin cost $2500-3000 in 1999 depending on model but I don't think that was retail since the guy was an Op.

6 months later
    #7 12 years ago

I've always wondered this myself.

#8 12 years ago

You could buy a NGG nib for 1900.00 if you looked around and got a close out . I have the original receipt from the distributor on my HUO NGG bought in DEC 1998.

Jim

#9 12 years ago

In Belgium the price for a new terminator 2 or Addams Family was "115000 frank"
    That's 2843 euros (4062 us dollar)
    A new stern today costs 4477 euros (6397 us dollar)
    A limited edition is 1000 euros more !!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-in-the-1990s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.